Initial DNA test clears Koh Tao village headman's son of murder

webfact

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the photos taken when the son was DNA tested (again!) recently, I'm somewhat intrigued as to the amount of time it must take national police chief Somyot Poompanmoung to pin all the paraphernalia onto his shirt every day - always assuming he has a clean shirt every day.

The mia noi takes care of that...giggle.gif

wai2.gifwai.gif

It was thought throughout this investigation that there were at least 3 and maybe 4 perpetrators of this crime. Whenever police try to show only 2 people involved it never adds up and borders on the impossible. Nobody has been able to give a plausible explanation of the how with 2 people.

There are only 2 DNA samples , so 2 did part of the crime, with another 1 or 2 assisting. I also think nomsod was a smokescreen. What about the other thai from that area. When will they be tested?

At least now we know how long it takes a corrupt government to try and cover up a crime, fail and find patsies, almost fail at that and then plant DNA or falsify results. 99% of the world doesn't believe you Thailand, and I am sure a large amount of those people will not forget this incident.

99%??? Really? What orifice did that statistic come from?
Incorrect. I believe it is 99.9999% and it comes from social media.

LOL

Yes of course!

99.9999%

Perhaps 5%??

JD, if you honestly believe that social media is almost insignificant in its influence in this case......

may I suggest that you don't spend 20 hours a day in front of your computer making hundreds, if not thousands of posts as the official poster boy of the RTP and the KT cheerleading squad.

You have been on duty now - full time for over a month.

Go for a walk... get some fresh air....... it will do your brain the world of good.

Perhaps you missed the idea.

99.99% of the world is not aware of this case.

Probably less than 5% is.

I am part of the 5%.

How I spend my free time is really not your concern, is it?

You are fortunate to have so much free time.

No... it is not my concern at all. Just trying to be helpful.

JTH and/or jdinasia.

In any police-investigation, one of the first things the cops are looking for is motive!!

What possible motive would the two Myanmar guys have to brutally murder two complete strangers?

I don't buy the part about them being sexually aroused, because they saw someone making out. They are from the sticks i Myanmar, where sex isn't a taboo, they could probably get laid in their village for 20 baht.

They are captured on CCTV buying one beer each, so lets presume they were not drunk.

The very violent way in which the victims were murdered, almost in rage, to me looks like it was something personal. Commited by someone with an inflated opinion about his/their entitlement, and when refused/insulted have to get back, all in name of the all important face. And that in my opinion points somewhere else!

So just enlighten us about, what in your opinion would be the possible motive for the two guys to violently kill the two Brits!!

. they could probably get laid in their village for 20 baht. Maybe -- but apparently it has been a long time since they've been in their village.

What I have a hard time buying face lost or not is that someone would rape and murder a girl just for turning him down and then leave her body and that of another on the family doorstep and just say " No big deal -- my Dad will take care of it."

Thats a fair point but there are also allegations that this is not the first time he's been in serious problems, there was one time he allegedly raped a girl and on his exist through the bedroom window cut his foot. There are also allegations by previous Thai girls of being raped, not by him but by the same group who is believed to be involved. There is of course another unsolved murder of a UK national in Koh Tao that happened only a few months ago. The parents are currently seeking the truth as they do not believe the RTP version of events that he drowned.

Correct...there is an interview with one of the girls. Man with birthmark and farmer hoe man are sadistic.

I have no idea why they haven't been targeted, headman has a hand in there.

These guys seriously need watching.

• Like 1

Things have gone very quiet , the Brits, rtp , the man in charge, even csi seems quieter. Would another petition to prayut help get things moving again?

I hope this is not the end of the story.

I hope there will be justice for hannah and david.

I hope 2b will be released.

What will today bring??

Things have gone very quiet , the Brits, rtp , the man in charge, even csi seems quieter. Would another petition to prayut help get things moving again?

What will today bring??

What will today bring?

More deflection from our resident trolls no doubt. Thank God for the ignore function.

• Like 1

I've had to remove a post for legal reasons.

Don't envy your workload a bit - just thanks!

Trouble is I'm flat out doing a tender pre-qual whilst doing this at the same time. If you see anything dodgy please, please hit the report button.

Thanks

• Like 1

What will today bring??

Of course there will be justice , we already have 2 suspects with DNA match. They might be the killers and not scapegoats after all.

What will today bring??

Of course there will be justice , we already have 2 suspects with DNA match. They might be the killers and not scapegoats after all.

How do you know its a match ? have you physically seen the report ? are you qualified to evaluate DNA analysis ?

your saying its a match based on what the BiB has reported, you dont know for certain if its a match, it based solely on their say so

If the "evidence" is so slam dunk, why hasnt there been a preliminary hearing already ?

If the evidence is so compelling why have the prosecutors knocked the report back so many times ?

Why did the RTP refuse to turn up at a hearing to discuss possible torture of the suspects to extract a conviction ?

it seems to me your relying on the principle of "telling the same "lie" over and over people start believing it

• Like 1

What will today bring??

How do you know its a match ? have you physically seen the report ? are you qualified to evaluate DNA analysis ?

your saying its a match based on what the BiB has reported, you dont know for certain if its a match, it based solely on their say so

If the "evidence" is so slam dunk, why hasnt there been a preliminary hearing already ?

If the evidence is so compelling why have the prosecutors knocked the report back so many times ?

Why did the RTP refuse to turn up at a hearing to discuss possible torture of the suspects to extract a conviction ?

it seems to me your relying on the principle of "telling the same "lie" over and over people start believing it

I didnt say I know its a match , you are jumping to conclusions to fast . But its he best evidence we have in this case so far.

I said they might be the killers and not scapegoats after all. Try to look at it from the other side for once , if they did it and are sentenced , justice will be served.

I didnt say I know its a match , you are jumping to conclusions to fast . But its he best evidence we have in this case so far.

I said they might be the killers and not scapegoats after all. Try to look at it from the other side for once , if they did it and are sentenced , justice will be served.

Justice not only has to be done, it has to be seen to be done.

Justice not only has to be done, it has to be seen to be done.

Sorry but "we" don't have any evidence in this case. We have word that there are 2 DNA matches of the accused, and no DNA matches of the (widely) suspected.

But....... This has been passed back by prosecutors how many times now?

If you want to talk about evidence.

1) cctv?

2) murder weapon

3) witness(es)

4) toxicology tests

5) tech - phone records

6) possible escape route

We really know nothing, that says it all.