When Are The Elections In Thailand?

kjvegas

Anyone know when the elections are in Thailand? I heard it was March 26th and 27th, I heard St. Patricks day. Anyone know the elections are held? Also are there diferent election days in Pattaya?

I get in the 27th and wonder if the bars are going to be closed.

thanks

kj

Anyone know when the elections are in Thailand? I heard it was March 26th and 27th, I heard St. Patricks day. Anyone know the elections are held? Also are there diferent election days in Pattaya?

I get in the 27th and wonder if the bars are going to be closed.

thanks

kj

The National elections will be around Feb / March 2005 no date is set as yet. You'll need to stock up at home, no booze about at election time.

The elections for the mayor and council of Pattaya are to be held on 27th March. That means the bars in Pattaya will definitely be closed on the 26th after 6pm. They are not officially allowed to open until midnight on the 27th, but going by recent experiences, they will be open after 6pm on the 26th, but will be "dark" until midnight. On Sunday 14th March (when we had elections for the Chonburi Provincial Council) the gogo bars were "dark" outside (i.e. no neon lights), but there were girls outside beckoning people in and everything was the same once inside.

Our local elections were Sunday the 14th. Seems to be different for different places. Thank goodness I don't have to listen to those trucks driving around blaring music and campaign promises at 7 AM anymore :o

The elections for the mayor and council of Pattaya are to be held on 27th March. That means the bars in Pattaya will definitely be closed on the 26th after 6pm. They are not officially allowed to open until midnight on the 27th, but going by recent experiences, they will be open after 6pm on the 26th, but will be "dark" until midnight. On Sunday 14th March (when we had elections for the Chonburi Provincial Council) the gogo bars were "dark" outside (i.e. no neon lights), but there were girls outside beckoning people in and everything was the same once inside.

oh shit... i m in town on 25/26 march :o:D