Looking to play in Pattaya Golf

Keen Golfer

I wouldn't use an agency to book your golfing experience. Better to go with a society from one of the many bars in and around the Soi Buakao/Soi Lenkee area as 'mailouis' did.

They all get good deals on green fees, and the members will all be full of useful advice.

The Sportsman Bar in Soi 13 is one of the best. http://sportsmanpub.com/golf-society/

Edited by billrose

If he waits until he gets there, he could be very limited with his tee times and courses. January is the peak season.

We've used Thaigerlinegolf.com a couple of times and they were fine with their transport and bookings service.

Amongst others, we played Emerald golf club in Jan. Whilst it was a tad cheaper than some of your big name courses, I'm not exaggerating when I say there were 8 groups waiting to tee off in front of us on the first tee. It was slow!

My advice, if you want to be guaranteed a tee time (especially if you're in Pattaya for a limited time), book ahead.

Another great place with the friendliest people is Lewinskis Sports Bar and Restaurant on Soi 13/3 near Beach Rd and close to Walking Street. They have vans that will take you from the Bar to the golf courses and back. They also play 6 days a week in High Season which not many others do. You can pick the days you play and where as they change each day. Look it up on Google. They also have an air conditioning in the Bar and very good food.

Reach out for Colin Davis a very nice guy and the arranger of golf trips.

• Like 1

As a winter resident south of Jomtien, I would like to learn from this and widen my circle of friends and golf buddies, BUT

My experience based on seeing these guys at clubhouses or at the bars afterward really turns me off to joining the bar groups because of the drunks smoking cigarettes.

Any of these places have players walking instead of carts and not smoking?

• Like 1

As a winter resident south of Jomtien, I would like to learn from this and widen my circle of friends and golf buddies, BUT

My experience based on seeing these guys at clubhouses or at the bars afterward really turns me off to joining the bar groups because of the drunks smoking cigarettes.

Any of these places have players walking instead of carts and not smoking?

Same feeling here...

As with one of the other members who replied I also used Thiagerlinegolf.com a couple of times and they were good.

Not sure how many games you want to try and get in but my favorite courses are Siam Country Club and Laam Chabang. Only one I have played and not enjoyed was Pattaya Country Club and would recommend you give that one a miss.

Another great place with the friendliest people is Lewinskis Sports Bar and Restaurant on Soi 13/3 near Beach Rd and close to Walking Street. They have vans that will take you from the Bar to the golf courses and back. They also play 6 days a week in High Season which not many others do. You can pick the days you play and where as they change each day. Look it up on Google. They also have an air conditioning in the Bar and very good food.

Reach out for Colin Davis a very nice guy and the arranger of golf trips.

I think PhillyBoy is on the right track to advise you to joint in with the Lewinskis sport bar, they play 6 day a week using all the good courses plus they get good deals on green fees, all you have to do is pick which day and where you want to play and just turn up at the bar for transport to the course.

• Like 1