Medical Cert. From Goverment Hospital In Bangkok.

In progress of preparing my documents for PR in Thailand. I have done the med. cert. from clinic in Bangkok as usual which I do it every year for my work permit and visa. But, when come to PR, cert. From clinic it is not accepted. Have tried to contact 2 Goverment hospitals in Bangkok but cannot do the medical check if walk in directly. They can do the check only 2 times per month.

One of the hospitals even requested letter from either Immigration or Labor department to proof the needs for the check. Then, the owner of my company needs to bring the letter to the hospital and discuss with doctor before the medical checking can be done.

Can anybody advice the easier way?

Could always go back to the hospital that did not request the letter from Immigration and ask them for the earliest date to do the medical check up. If it's too long to wait then ask them if they could do it immediately, ask if you can pay a bit extra and get fast service. Remember TIT.

They still have not announced (it might not even happen this year) the dates that they will accept PR applications this year. Normally it is only from the 15th to the 30th of December so you have plenty of time to get it done.

When I applied for PR in 2011, I got my medical exam at Police General Hospital next to Ratchaprasong. I walked in and found the patient registration desk, and they sorted me out. I had failed to fast for 12 hours before showing up, so I had to come back the next day for the blood tests, and I had to then come back on a third day to pick up the completed results. I think I paid 50 baht, all-in. Getting all the required tests done did take a lot of running around to different parts of the building - I got lost a few times - and everywhere I went, there were gurneys in the hallways with sick people lying on them, with IV drips. I remember thinking that I definitely would never want to be a patient at that hospital! But - I was treated pretty well.

MS

Did you try Mahidol by Victory Monument? The travel clinic has walk in hours (morning and afternoon) and I have gotten my medical for work permit with labs. For PR it must only be difference of a different form to fill in(plus the various labs). I think they have a website in English if you search for the travel clinic.

I got a med cert (testifying that I was badly suburnt) from the adventist hospital in BKK.

This was 19 years ago. Walked in off the street, got hospital ID card, cert, and payed 100B total.

Worth a try, AA