How long will double entry visa give me?

Hello.

Travelling from the UK I am planning on visiting Thailand soon.i haven't yet though decided how long I want to stay. i will be going to get my visa soon but want to give myself some flexibility and decide length of stay after getting my visa.

I wont be staying for longer than 5 months but maybe just stay a few days over 4 months.So hoping a double entry will do it?

Will I have to leave country or do any border runs if staying longer than 3 months?

Thanks

If used correctly a double entry will give you almost 180 days with one border run and two 30 day extensions at immigration, cost 1900 baht each If you plan on staying longer than three months you will have to do a border run, You get 60 days on entry which can be extended for 30 days at immigration but at the end of that you must exit and renter to activate the second entry, hence the border run!

Just remember that the "use-by" date printed on the visa sticker (and before which you will need to do the second entry) is based on when the visa is issued by the embassy, not starting from your first entry into Thailand. Therefore you don't want to get the visa long before you set off for Thailand.

Your first entry will entitle you to 60 days which can be extended by 30 days at immigrations, but you still have to keep an eye on the visa expiration date to make sure you can use the visa for the second entry. Visa expiration date and your permission to stay from immigrations expiration date are two separate things to keep in mind.

gaztop08, on 03 Nov 2014 - 06:33, said:

Thanks Suradit I should be getting the visa this week and hopefully traveling in next 3 weeks.

You didn't listen to Suradit! Get your Visa just before your leaving, not 3 weeks before when you haven't even booked flights.

You didn't listen to Suradit! Get your Visa just before your leaving, not 3 weeks before when you haven't even booked flights.

For double-entry issued in the UK that is not a problem because the visa is valid six months anyway.

Just remember that the "use-by" date printed on the visa sticker (and before which you will need to do the second entry) is based on when the visa is issued by the embassy, not starting from your first entry into Thailand. Therefore you don't want to get the visa long before you set off for Thailand.

Your first entry will entitle you to 60 days which can be extended by 30 days at immigrations, but you still have to keep an eye on the visa expiration date to make sure you can use the visa for the second entry. Visa expiration date and your permission to stay from immigrations expiration date are two separate things to keep in mind.

And the last double-entry tourist visa I got came with only a 90d validity (i.e., "use-by" date/expiration) and I ended up not being able to use the second entry. When applying for the visa, be sure and specifically request a 6mo validity. Call or email ahead; depending on where you get it, they might want to see extra documentation. (I wouldn't open the door myself - just communicate the fact that you need a six-month validity and let them tell you if there's anything extra they want to see.)