Printer Or Copy Shop In Cmai To Copy Long Novel

PeaceBlondie

I wrote a book. It's probably terrible, but I want to get it printed and copyrighted. So, I need to transfer it from a CD that uses Word, and it'll be about 600 pages (kind of two of the world's greatest novels, together). Printed or copied front and back, say 5 copies or 7 copies, 300 sheets each. Preferably well glued, not using spiral binding.

Where's a shop that does this? Any idea if the cost exceeds 2,000 bhat?

Glanks. I mean, thanks.

I would have thought that most copy shops would have managed something like that. The places opposite my school charge 0.4 baht per page. They have the glued together style.

I look forward to seeing your book in the Ghekko Books 30 baht section sometime in the not too distant future :o

The copy shops on the road turning west off Nimmanheimin (just south of Aden's Health Food) make books and copy books. My recollection is about .5baht/page and about 80 baht for a hardcover binding. If it's already on a CD or in PDF form, it's less labor for them, so your mileage may vary.

Converting from Word to PDF is easy if it means the price will go down. You just need to install the full version of Adobe Acrobat (not just Reader) on your computer. Then new buttons will appear in Word's toolbar, that allow you to convert word documents to PDF format.
Thanks, meadish, but I'm not your average, nerdish sweetball. I'm a certified Luddite. How do I install the full version? And does PDF use the same kinds of thingies that I'm so used to using on Word? Do I need to frapagize the urpalator program?

lannarebirth, thanks, but I don't know where on Nimenheimen the Aden's health food store is. Can you give me another landmark, please?

Thanks, everybody. The novel is not quite ready for prime time.

The print shop I use is about three or four doors South of Rachawithi Rd on Rachaphakinai. About .35 Bt a page for books. They glue and put on a hard(ish) cover. - Very good quality.

I know this is a long shot, but does anybody know anywhere that can repair or restore old books. Mend or replace tattered leather or cloth covers?

PB,

Congrats! Have you considered publishing on-line?

http://www.fonerbooks.com/thepath.htm

There is a print shop on Ratwithi, about a block down from Moon Muang, that offers printing for .35 Baht (35 satang) per page, as long as the order is over 100 pages.

Want to share what your book is about?

Thanks, niteowl. I'll check that website for online publishing, but my book topics are so unusual I don't know how it would sell. Or if I want to spend the money.

The book is an ordinary, normal, run of the mill, usual set of two novels about an IRS lawyer going to Mexico and Thailand, falling in love with natives, surviving some massacres/assasinations but not all, Christian pacifism, blonde ponytails; Texas, Chiapas and Mae Hong Son; fast motorcycles; lots of languages; fame and fortune; sex of multiple varieties; peace and justice and war and violence; dreams and spirits and shamans and nasty old beastly eagles; Nobel Peace prize; and a cremation on the Chao Prayha river while the Bangkok symphony plays Tchaikowsky's...... Oh, and subjects that can't be discussed in Thailand.

It's unlike any Thai-ish novel ever printed. Or Mexico-ish or USA-ish. No cobras eating men's eyeballs, no drugs, and only one human trafficking chapter, one farang teacher of EFL, and only a couple of ladyboys. :o

Hi PeaceBlondie,

If ever you want to convert your file from Word to PDF without the hassle, you can email me and I'll convert it and mail it back to you. :D

Do I need to frapagize the urpalator program?

I'm not able to comprehend these words. :o

Guardian

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I just thought I'd say hello, thank you for the information, and bump this thread back up into NEW territory. I've published five books in the US and was wondering how to get them into the Thai bookstores. Wow. it oughta be easy. We can print them here cheaper than they can in the US. You've made me happy.

Oh, and so has Gecko Books. It has been SEVEN YEARS since I saw books alphabetized by author name. I was so stunned that I forgot who to look for. If you saw some weird little guy on a funky purple bicycle buy about 20 books last week and fill the black backpack last week, that was me. I guess I recovered.

Cheers!

Michael

post-32884-1155458949_thumb.jpg

Niteowl,

I'm afraid I can't agree with much of what's posted on the fonerbooks site you mentioned earlier. I won my first writing award in 1980, I've published 5 novels, and I've edited over 200 novels. I'm not a best seller or an insider or anything like that, but I am a veteran.

I'd like to refer you to http://www.chinarice.org/ab1.html and http://www.chinarice.org/ab4.html for my thoughts on how to get published. We're talking about thousands of words that I spent years crafting, and I just don't think I oughta repeat them all here.

Want more? Oh, you glutton for punishment. http://www.chinarice.org/articlebank.html is where I keep the trove.

Hey, to anybody anywhere who has written a book... Congratulations! I swear, I hope you celebrated. Do you have any idea how many people "want to write a book" but never do it? Most. Trust me on this. They send me email. I feel like Dear Abby, but unlike fonerbooks I can spell her name right. (Cheap shot! Zing!) When you publish, that is a different celebration. But hey, you wrote a book. Be very proud. Even if it sucks, hehe.

Best regards,

Michael