Nissan March - how uncool?

Hi JacChang

The first things to go where the mufflers and brake/clutch levers as I prefer a better feel...

I couldnt justify the price of a z800 or the yamaha so I left it go for over a year and the last thing I ever wanted was a 2 cylinder Honda or Kwaka....so those 2 never played into the equation.

The bike is big.... but the riding position is quite comfortable... I had a CBR Fireblade for a while and my wrists told me enough!

Brakes do a good job and it handles quite decently....

The biggest issue is with the engine.... As I like to drift and ride fairly hard, it wasnt so big an issue for me, but it maybe for others... This thing doesnt really kick in till 7000 RPM, but then again, it will happily put around the streets...

One you get rid of the standard mufflers, the bike does have a sweet growl to it and the gearbox has so far been faultless. I raced a bit back home in Australia and did have a semi sponsored ride for a while, so flinging a bike around is second nature.

As for the Almera... sometimes we need to do a u-turn in one of those smallish alleys and flicking the back around (180) is really easy with those skinny tires and as small as the engine is... it will happily pull away at the lights fast enough and hammer down some of the main streets quick enough... unless I am stuck behind the ever so slow Thai drivers who must have conversations about the lights changing and then voting if Green means go.. very frustrating...

Price wise its hard to beat.... We where looking at getting a new car and we had a budget of 800k.... So I thought about it and we really only need the car for around town with the occasional long drive... So I ended up getting the Almera and the Benelli for what I would have paid to have a slightly bigger car to do the same tasks as the Almera....

Here is the bike before I swapped out the mufflers, levers and mirrors for a racier set

post-112119-0-76930100-1415100433_thumb.

New Mufflers installed... I think I may swap them out for some Akrprovic... Also removed the license plate holder for something smaller...

post-112119-0-56136100-1415100665_thumb.

At the showroom ready to pick up the Almera... What a bargain that car is... Boot space... That ended up being the deciding factor as no other small car came close....

post-112119-0-62475300-1415100816_thumb.

Edited by thhMan

and all you need to do with the march is bung a union jack decal on the roof, paint the wheels a flouresent orange or purple....and add 4" wheel spacers so the tyres are on the outside of the wheel arches and you'll blend in just fine....

• Like 1

We bought a Nissan March 3 months ago from a dealer in CM who took my 18 years old Nissan Sunny of my hands as a trade.2013 model,49,000 kms on the clock repossession for 320,000 baht

We have just returned from a trip from Chiang Mai to Chiang Dao, about 80 kms and couldn't be happier with its performance.

Fair flew up the hills remarkable for such a small engine and obviously these days cars weigh a lot less.

99% of our usage will be for round town and this is where the March is a stand out,remarkably small turning circle and in increasingly traffic congested CM that's a big plus.

Quality radio/cd ,leather seats,air bags

Positives are as above with very low fuel usage.The only negative I can find is that if you are sitting waiting for someone you need to keep the engine running to use the AC.

Nissan March falls into the value for money category .Cant be compared with a Honda jazz or a Toyota Vios they are far more money.

• Like 2

March, cool for me. In a nice colorful paint, green it is.

I like the MARCH much more than the Almera. Cheaper to. Drive the March since end of 2012, first car scheme.

Mitsubishi - do not like its stern-back. Honda Brio - to small. All others cost more.

The only car, I possibly would prefer would be the Suzuki Swift for its looks, but would have to test ride it first.

• Like 2