One dead as Phuket-Haad Yai bus flips

webfact

One dead as Phuket-Haad Yai bus flips
Eakkapop Thongtub

a.jpg

PHUKET: -- A Phuket-Haad Yai bus went out of control and flipped over in Pattalung yesterday (November 4), killing one passenger and injuring 11 more.

The accident took place in rain at 2:45pm on the main Phetkasam Highway, near Baan Hao Rang.

Local reporters said this particular stretch of road was notorious for crashes.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/one-dead-as-phuket-haad-yai-bus-flips-49487.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-11-05

I have taken this route a couple of times and I the truth is that these drivers drive 120 - 130 km per hour despite heavy rain. Once I was scared to death when the driver was ignoring the heavy rain. That time I swore that I wouldn't take buses except as a last resort.

• Like 1

I was on the bus one evening going to Haad Yai and the driver was going so fast around curves and throwing everyone on the bus around. I was sure he was going to crash. I just do not understand what the rush was about. I figured he had a death wish and I did not want to go with him. When we stopped at a rest point I got off the bus and refused to get back on. Took a cab to a hotel spent the night then caught a bus back to Phuket next morning, He drove sanely.

With the loss of life and injuries, loss of the buses,etc. The bus drivers are as bad as anything else happening in Thailand and is certainly a reason not to come or a reason not to enjoy a Vacation in Thailand. Bus companies will wise up one day ot the government will?? Mexico use to be famous for this but the better bus companies put govenors on the buses limiting their speeds and increasing safety. Wise up Thailand!!!!

• Like 1