Cert of Res at Promenada or behind Airport Immig?

jobin

The headline says it all. I am confused as to what location, if only one location for this Cert of Residency. And how long the wait to issue? Minutes, days, weeks?

And will govt offices be open on Friday, Lantern Festival?

thnx all

Last July I got mine at the immigration office opposite Promenada.

As far as I know, that's still the go-to place.

Good luck.

I might add that that it took one day, cost 500 baht, and was relatively hassle-free because I had all the required documents.

I think it's free if you are willing to wait a week or so.

Last July I got mine at the immigration office opposite Promenada.

As far as I know, that's still the go-to place.

Good luck.

I might add that that it took one day, cost 500 baht, and was relatively hassle-free because I had all the required documents.

I think it's free if you are willing to wait a week or so.

Its free but the time delay 1 week to 2 weeks depends on the officer,bit like predicting the weather.

Just make sure you have ALL the documents you don't want to be going back and forth.

All the DOCS means. Psprt pages, lease from apt house, photos, ...others?

I took my house registration book, but a lease agreement from a flat or rented house would probably be accepted in lieu of that.

Otherwise, the application form, your passport and a couple of photos. That's all I can think of at the moment.

• Like 1

They have a very good copy service right next to the desk, as well as photo service two desks away. The fellow who processes the paperwork speaks enough English and is friendly and helpful.

I didn't find him friendly and helpful. Same guy with the jacked up yellow teeth and wears all the gold, sits in front of window 2 or 3.... first time I went 8 months ago (airport location), he wanted money, 300 baht and I went with the free option, only had to wait 10 days... seemed well put out by the whole thing.

This last time (end of sept) the young kid processing the paperwork wanted 500 baht and when I said I'll take the free option, sent me to window 2 or 3 and he (same guy) made me wait 30 days....5555.

When I picked it up, it was dated back 5 days... its suppose to be good for 30 days... didn't bother asking him anything about it because he's burned out anyway... he said if I want it faster, go to consulate... I said, I didn't care how long I have to wait...

Big sign on front of building says it free and only takes 7-10 days...

Office of Immigration not a problem when I do the 90 days or Visa/Extension of stay/reentry permits... over near the airport. They are mostly helpful.

Edited by CharlieH

When on foot, the damn place is hard to find. Yeah, opposite Prom but highly hidden behind Castrol Car repair and down a gravel road. Signage? Microscopic says it all. The kid on the desk had no problems, me neither until he told me the 'boss' went to Bangkok for a funeral, so no work done till Monday. Oh, pay 500 baht for Cert/Res and 300 for transport from town.

Just wondering is it on the same side of the highway as the Promenada? If so which side of the building.

I had the same problem the first time I went there. In fact, I had never even been to Promenada so I first had to locate THAT!

"It's across the road from Promenada" were the directions I was given, but when I got there, I discovered that there were three roads that it could have been across! Fortunately, I saw a Farang ride by, took a chance and followed him. That got me to the correct location.

The directions should have told me "Across Rt 1141 (the road to San Kamphaeng) from Promenada, in a large building BEHIND the row of buildings facing the road. If you are approaching from the Chiang Mai side, go to the intersection in front of the mall and make a U-turn. Come back about 200 meters and turn left onto a sloppy gravel road between a coffee shop and a restaurant, drive straight ahead and the area you want will be diagonally ahead on your left. There will most likely be a mob of Burmese milling about or sitting and waiting. Go inside the building and turn left, through the glass doors to the last table on the left. The young fellow there will help you fill out your forms, direct you to the copy or photo girls if needed, take your money and give you a slip of paper to return for pick-up the next day... God willing.

• Like 2

Just wondering is it on the same side of the highway as the Promenada? If so which side of the building.

I had the same problem the first time I went there. In fact, I had never even been to Promenada so I first had to locate THAT!

"It's across the road from Promenada" were the directions I was given, but when I got there, I discovered that there were three roads that it could have been across! Fortunately, I saw a Farang ride by, took a chance and followed him. That got me to the correct location.

The directions should have told me "Across Rt 1141 (the road to San Kamphaeng) from Promenada, in a large building BEHIND the row of buildings facing the road. If you are approaching from the Chiang Mai side, go to the intersection in front of the mall and make a U-turn. Come back about 200 meters and turn left onto a sloppy gravel road between a coffee shop and a restaurant, drive straight ahead and the area you want will be diagonally ahead on your left. There will most likely be a mob of Burmese milling about or sitting and waiting. Go inside the building and turn left, through the glass doors to the last table on the left. The young fellow there will help you fill out your forms, direct you to the copy or photo girls if needed, take your money and give you a slip of paper to return for pick-up the next day... God willing.

Thanks for the directions.