Myanmar asks Thailand to reopen Koh Tao investigation into Britons' murder

webfact

so they should say nothing?

I am glad to hear that the burmese government, beacon of human rights, cares so much about their citizens in Thailand. After all, their military regime seems to care so much about their people that they beat them senseless (monks), they take really good care of the ´slaves´ working in Thailand and overall take very good care of their ´tribes´ (e.g. Rohingas)

Yes I know, in theory they are a democracy now.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I am glad to hear that the burmese government, beacon of human rights, cares so much about their citizens in Thailand. After all, their military regime seems to care so much about their people that they beat them senseless (monks), they take really good care of the ´slaves´ working in Thailand and overall take very good care of their ´tribes´ (e.g. Rohingas)

No, just wondering why they never said a word about hundreds of their citizens beeing killed in Thailand the last few years.wai2.gif

Ofcourse you are right!!

But thanks to all the attention this case has got, at least they have to pretend, they care!!

And for the kids locked up in prison, I don't think, they care about their governments reason for lending them a helping hand!

And the scapegoats need all the help they can get, so the RTP's framing of them don't have them executed!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

No, just wondering why they never said a word about hundreds of their citizens beeing killed in Thailand the last few years.wai2.gif

It's very simple the most of this cases was not discovered and others had not such a high interest for the international press as this KT case.

The GB government also would still make Ostrich politics, without the pressure of the international press.

It's like Stalin said: "The dead of 1 man is a tragedy, but the dead of tausends is just statistics".

This is like a lot of politicians in this world thinking since ever until now.

If Burma can do that - why is it that GB cannot formally ask that British Police can do the investigation (without being distracted by the BIB, of course)?

probably caused that the GB politicians having no balls!!???whistling.gif

Unlike Merkel. Whoops sorry, she just talks balls.

Used to be a famous British song about some German politicians and their balls, to a very catchy tune.

Note: The British police are here because a British PM requested it when eyeballing the Thai PM.

It's very simple the most of this cases was not discovered and others had not such a high interest for the international press as this KT case.

The GB government also would still make Ostrich politics, without the pressure of the international press.

It's like Stalin said: "The dead of 1 man is a tragedy, but the dead of tausends is just statistics".

This is like a lot of politicians in this world thinking since ever until now.

Be careful otherwise that nice Mr. Putin will cut your and "ostrich" Merkel's gas supply off.

Be careful otherwise that nice Mr. Putin will cut your and "ostrich" Merkel's gas supply off.

And Mr. Putin whose economy runs on oil sales, would go broke to the delight of several Western countries. The US and Canada and others stand by ready to supply any loss of oil from Russia.

- Burma has formally asked Thailand to reopen the investigation into the murder of two British tourists over claims that the Burmese suspects confessed to the crime under torture.

Very amazing, from a country where torture is an institution..... whistling.gif

If Burma can do that - why is it that GB cannot formally ask that British Police can do the investigation (without being distracted by the BIB, of course)?

Used to be a famous British song about some German politicians and their balls, to a very catchy tune.

Note: The British police are here because a British PM requested it when eyeballing the Thai PM.

I know they are in, but the GB government reactect very late and under the pressure of the public opinion to this case.

Without these pressures, they would still stick with their heads in the sand and waiting until the storm is over.

I still hope this case will be properly solved, but after the first statement of the GB police, that the thai police made a correct investigation, I got a big pain in my stomach.

Hopefully this involvement of the GB police is'nt just a political charade for the gallery.

Note: I never blame any nation, race or religion etc. for things, what some of their ppl do, but I blame the politics of any country, when they made mistakes.

The RTP ignored the Human Rights Commisions requests to answer their questions regarding the way they obtained the confessions. What makes anyone think a Burmy request will be followed?

First of all this a government to government request!!

Secondly. Money!! Thailand uses natural gas from Myanmar for almost 70% of its powerproduction!!

Thailand imported gas worth $ 3.5 billion from Myanmar last year!!

So yes, they will take this request seriously!!coffee1.gif

I'm sure the Brits and Myanmar have had a look at each others cards by now and are playing their hand in a particular order.

The silence of the Brits is simply because they are PLAYING blind.

• Like 1

Burmese have no right to order Thais around.

Burmese is not the father of Thais.

In fact, some Thai fathers I saw in movies riding elephants and bit the shit out of Burmese in many ancient battle field.

Read the post again. The Burmese did not try to "order Thais around". The embassy of Myanmar is ASKING Thailand to reinvestigate. And if you're relying on the movies for your history lessons...well, I guess that says all we need to know about your intellectual level. coffee1.gif

In the terrible case of the guildford four in the UK, 3 of them confessed after being tortured and abused. It's been proven again and again that it's relatively easy to make a innocent person confess.

However, just because they were tortured and just because the confession was forced does not automatically make them innocent..

Anyone suggesting that the UK police should be allowed to investigate the crime are deluded, that's no different to allowing the Thai police to investigate a murder of a Thai that takes place in London. It won't happen, but the UK government should be allowed to request to send indepoendant observers.

In fact, some Thai fathers I saw in movies riding elephants and bit the shit out of Burmese in many ancient battle field.

Read the post again. The Burmese did not try to "order Thais around". The embassy of Myanmar is ASKING Thailand to reinvestigate. And if you're relying on the movies for your history lessons...well, I guess that says all we need to know about your intellectual level. coffee1.gif

You do realise " chotthee" is reputed to be Thai but his sarcasm skills far exceeds the abilities of many first language English speaking people :lol:

Well done Chotthee a fine example of sarcasm. You got some farangs all wound up again :lol:

Surely the original post by Chotthee was written tongue in cheek, lampooning all that is wrong with the stereotypical Thai mentality ???

Surely the original post by Chotthee was written tongue in cheek, lampooning all that is wrong with the stereotypical Thai mentality ???

yes it was, and the poster is reputably to be Thai, and English is his second language but has a better grasp of sarcasm than most of the "superior" farangs whose first language IS English...laugh.png

And Mr. Putin whose economy runs on oil sales, would go broke to the delight of several Western countries. The US and Canada and others stand by ready to supply any loss of oil from Russia.

Gas as in gas not the American English use as in petrol.

Don't tell me, tell Angela. She's the one been pushing against sanctions and upsetting her pal Vlad.

He's pushing his expansionist agenda at the moment, going back to the old days of soviet military incursions into air and sea space, as well as stirring up Ukraine. He seems to think he's got the whip hand for some reason.

Merkel has been the most placating of Europe's major leaders.

JOC post # 17

But today the power of gas is much stronger than any old elephant!!rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif

Indeed the sage pontifications with that somewhat tainted effluvia emanating from the Thai police farce force prove that fact beyond a doubtwhistling.gif

Edited by siampolee

I know they are in, but the GB government reactect very late and under the pressure of the public opinion to this case.

Without these pressures, they would still stick with their heads in the sand and waiting until the storm is over.

I still hope this case will be properly solved, but after the first statement of the GB police, that the thai police made a correct investigation, I got a big pain in my stomach.

Hopefully this involvement of the GB police is'nt just a political charade for the gallery.

Note: I never blame any nation, race or religion etc. for things, what some of their ppl do, but I blame the politics of any country, when they made mistakes.

Governments don't get involved when their citizen's are murdered or die in mysterious circumstances. Did America do anything about the guy hacked to death by a taxi driver for a few baht?

Many foreigners of different nationalities get killed here. Maybe some diplomatic talk, but that's about all.

This case is different. The horrific pictures put on the internet by unprofessional police and the sheer magnitude of ineptness in the way it's been dealt with has provoked outrage and reaction. That is what the politicians react to. They can't ignore it, or deal with it in the usual way, so they become more visibly involved. Normally, quite frankly, they wouldn't bother.

The British police have not formally issued a statement or report. All the quotes attributed to them have been made by Thais. I doubt they will say much until the inquest in January. They certainly won't go blabbing to the press with countless contradictory rumors.

I suspect Burmese and UK officials are collaborating closely on this.

We shall see.

'But both men say were beaten by the Thai police, and they have retracted their confessions. The father of Win Zaw said the police doused the pair in petrol and threatened to set them alight.'

"LONDON: -- INTERNATIONAL TOURISTS can be assured of their safety and security while staying in Thailand, Tourism and Sports Minister Kobkarn Wattanavrangkul said at this week's "World Travel Mart" in London."

Wow, dousing suspects with petrol? Torture if true? Normal judicial systems this would be thrown out?

This regime don't know what the left and right hands are doing.

If you remember not too long ago - All the cambodian migrant workers were fleeing Thailand because the Army Gov was apparently going to execute any illegal workers found, or come down on them harshly.
Thailand lost a huge amount of its unskilled labour. Now its about to possibly lose its Burmese workforce if it isn't careful.

Andy Hall tweeted this yesterday:

"Samui Police to undertake further questioning of Zaw Lin/Win Zaw Tun Koh Tao case at Samui prison 2mrw 9am. Accused lawyers to be present".

Seems their case isn't as complete as they keep saying (and as we all know)