Thai Tourism Ministry planning 'international celebrities selfies' campaign

webfact

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the celebs will take a selfie outside the Grand Palace alongside a tout telling them it's closed, but they can take a Tuk-Tuk ride to an expensive jewellers shop, or an expenside ride on a river boat instead!

Edited by billrose

Why don't they just Photo Shop some celebrities standing at some tourist sites,

like they did with a beautiful beach scene,in a brochure,which was actually a

beach in Northern Scotland ,that would save a few Bhat.

regards worgeordie

Wouldn't elections be easier and cheaper??coffee1.gif

Change the record. This has nothing to do with elections - which are in fact very expensive - but has everything to do with the parlous state of the shallow mentality of far too many Thais. Your reply, by contrast, merely confirms your an*l obsession with kissing Shinawat bu*t.

• Like 1

Well, a few western stars may come but I'm sure when they find out their sharing the stage with Ladyboys who have nicer legs then them and the press goes crazy that would be a career breaker. Who are these people who have jobs in the Thai tourist Ministry, man, I feel sorry for the PM who has so many wierd thinkers he trust in his government to develope good ideas.

Lets start with the crime aganist tourist, fix the flooding problem, lets see rainy season hundreds of years here and still no flood control. Jobs for young people who don't finish school. I've never seen so many people hanging out not working and yet they bring people from Cam and Laos to work and Thai's won't do those jobs. I see the older women and men working not the youth. My friend has a young waitress working for him, pays her a decent wage and her young 20 year old husband takes her money each month and does not work and drinks all day.

So, they believe bringing International Cebs will make a difference until they find out how many of these tourist have problems because they gather to watch their shows while someone is stealing their things or rental motorbike.

You can't increase touristism until you fix the internal culture problem againist tourist.

• Like 1

Yet another nail in the coffin of the country's credibility. The junta is coming off as omnipotent and ruthless. Wonder which celebrities will take the bait.

Inviting celebrities to take "selfies" isn't ruthless. It's just puerile and stupid. And it isn't the "junta", it's the Tourism Authority.

Yet another nail in the coffin of the country's credibility. The junta is coming off as omnipotent and ruthless. Wonder which celebrities will take the bait.

Inviting celebrities to take "selfies" isn't ruthless. It's just puerile and stupid. And it isn't the "junta", it's the Tourism Authority.

And the de facto boss of both TAT and Madame Kobkarn is......................................Prayuth!!coffee1.gif

Wasn't it last year that Rihanna took a selfie in Patong, Soi Bangla with a Slow Lori? Yes, that's right and then went on to post on twitter that she wasn't aware such touts are illegal and that the Loris are endangered. Right after that she posted another comment about a girl shooting ping pongs from her V.

Yeah, I'm sure the Selfie campaign would be a great idea so that people know what a sh&&hole the place is. Oh and the police said they couldn't find the sex shows that Rihanna was on about. Amazing Thailand

If Thailand is such a sh&&hole why do you visit or live here? Only place you can get a girl? Other areas around the world Amsterdam, HongKong, Japan have red light areas and prostitution so don't make like its only Thailand that is sleezy. Should be able to be a destination for sexpats and families /couples just different areas.

• Like 1

Wasn't it last year that Rihanna took a selfie in Patong, Soi Bangla with a Slow Lori? Yes, that's right and then went on to post on twitter that she wasn't aware such touts are illegal and that the Loris are endangered. Right after that she posted another comment about a girl shooting ping pongs from her V.

Yeah, I'm sure the Selfie campaign would be a great idea so that people know what a sh&&hole the place is. Oh and the police said they couldn't find the sex shows that Rihanna was on about. Amazing Thailand

If Thailand is such a sh&&hole why do you visit or live here? Only place you can get a girl? Other areas around the world Amsterdam, HongKong, Japan have red light areas and prostitution so don't make like its only Thailand that is sleezy. Should be able to be a destination for sexpats and families /couples just different areas.

Leave the girls out of this, I like 'em.

Sh$$holes are a subjective view, looking at patts, Angeles city, Bangla, Nan and Cowboy objectively I would say they are commercial districts

that appeal to a certain type of individual.

I knows its objective coz I is a punter.

• Like 1

How many years have they lied,about tourism numbers.They are trying to say now ,it has only just happend.Thailand is now in a panic over this..It is to late.They are finaly starting to admit,That europeans,americans.Are going else were.If cambodia gets its act together,and start buiding a bit more.The numbers,will drop a lot more.Every time i go back thailand,All i hear is such and such,gone cambodia,gone vietnam,gone philippines.Number one reason,Its cheaper.Number 2 there pissed off with thai attitude.20% of thailands GDP is tourism.People will tell you its 8%..I looked today at flight prices,As low as £463,and good flights,short stop overs,The same price last year were £600 plus.Leaving about 7 december..This speakes for itself.

• Like 1

Years ago, at the time photocopy machines got installed in every corner of company offices, cretins became the silly habit to go sit on the machine to make a pic of their bottom. Compared to today's far spread fashion of selfies, I'd say I think it was a better time then, with a lot more originality and creativity, and those pictures were more honestly telling about the persons who had taken them! Add to it that those pics were mostly revealing the most interesting side of the ones taking them's personality, and, icing on the cake, many times revealing unknow details of their anatomy to feed the gossip... Weren't those old days better would you say? Why not start a campaign: 'Stop the selfies,and save energy, buy a pocket mirror'?