Expedia declined two credit cards BKK to VTE Laos Airlines

poppyt

I'm trying to book bkk to vientiane Laos airlines on Expedia and both my USA Amex and Visa were declined. Of course I verified all the usual info was correct and tried a few more times. Expedia is the only website offering the lowest price....of course :\ Laos airlines is $100 more. To speak to live person at Expedia I have to wait until Monday.

Anyone have these issues? Is there any other website that might offer same lower price? I tried kayak and skyscanner and few other well knowns. They all point to Expedia or have higher fare.

Edited by poppyt

I haven't had any problems (yet) in purchasing tickets from Thailand with my U.S. credit card yet. But, I often need to purchase tickets within Indonesia and the online purchase never goes through with the airline website. However, when I call my U.S. credit card issuer - they never receive the charge request. I have been able to purchase via Expedia.co.th but there is a surcharge around THB 500.00

Very common for foreign credit cards to be blocked in Thailand. Land of Scams, and all.

I call my credit card company and tell them I will be travelling, where I will be and what dates. I have never had a problem when doing that. Extra large purchaes may still get blocked, so I call them before hand to advise them of an impending large purchase, giving the details, vendor (if known) and expected purchase date. Again, no issues.

Keep you credit card company informed and you should have very few issues.

When my card is refused I call my bank and they remove the block. It's usually the system seeing what it thinks is unusually activity. If the card is declined you need to call your bank not Expedia. Expedia can't unblock the card, assuming that's what the problem is. Happens to me now and again and takes a few minutes to sort out.