For over 70 year old travelers

Spaniel

Last week my wife and I returned to Bangkok (Suvanaphumi) from a trip abroad. She went to the Thai passport holder line and I was at the end of the extremely long line for "other" passport holders. I kept getting shifted to the right side of the arrival hall and as I made my way up to the counter I noticed a sign that said something like, "this line for seniors over 70 and families" or something like that. Anyway my message is when you enter the arrival hall, and if you're over 70, procede all the way to the right, and between the Thai passport holders area and the "other" passport holders you will find the express line for those over 70. I'll give that line a try on my next trip through the airport.

Thanks ! Good to know

Spaniel; you are missing the best trick. If you are married to a Thai National you can accompany her to the Thai immigration channel and you will pass through without any problems. Just another little bonus of marrying a Thai girl.

Not sure that always works. When we were departing I tried to go with her to have our passports stamped out but I was told I had to go to the foreigners line. Next time we leave the country I'll give it a try on the return.

Edited by Spaniel
  • Like 1

whistling.gif Here's an idea.

If you are "of that age" and can legitimately use a wheelchair, do that.

They will wheel you through the "priority" line..... the same one's they use for the "fast track" service.

Also, they take you up the elevators /Lifts and help you get your baggage.

I always give the person who pushes the wheelchair a small tip....because he or she is working.

But if you are a Cheap Charlie, it's not required to tip them.

And, if your married, they probably will let your wife accompany you as your "caretaker".

Edited by IMA_FARANG

Spaniel; you are missing the best trick. If you are married to a Thai National you can accompany her to the Thai immigration channel and you will pass through without any problems. Just another little bonus of marrying a Thai girl.

Not sure that always works. When we were departing I tried to go with her to have our passports stamped out but I was told I had to go to the foreigners line. Next time we leave the country I'll give it a try on the return.

Yes it does not work all the time ! Unfortunately ! You even feel himiliated when you are rejected in such a way that you dont want to start again.

Never tried it leaving. Have used Thai lane with Mrs. since we've been married..... until this last time returning.

Got in the Thai lane but first time ever, told to use the Other lane. There were only 1 or two waiting in the closest Other lane anyway, and not that I would argue the technicalities, After all, there is a "sign, sign, everywhere a sign".

Edited by metisdead
Irrelevant video removed.

My EU passport does not make any mention if I am married to a Thai or not...My wife's Thai passport has no mention either...because we should bring a copy of our Thai marriage certificate?

My EU passport does not make any mention if I am married to a Thai or not...My wife's Thai passport has no mention either...because we should bring a copy of our Thai marriage certificate?

No. Just rock up with your Thai Mrs and get in the line, look handsome, smile a little bit and go with the flow.

If Johnny Law objects, keep on going with the flow, not the end of the world.

Been doing it for 8 years and never had a problem. Thai wife always goes through first and says 'this is my husband behind me '. Never been refused. Don't know why so many people love to complicate everything !