Australian MH370 search agency says to continue mission

Lite Beer

Australian MH370 search agency says to continue mission

SYDNEY (Reuters) - Australia on Tuesday said it remained committed to searching for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 after comments by one of the airline's directors suggesting the plane would be declared officially "lost" angered passengers' families.

Malaysia Airlines commercial director Hugh Dunleavy inflamed already testy relations between the airline and the families of those aboard the missing flight by telling a New Zealand newspaper on Nov. 4 that next of kin would be compensated "once we’ve had an official loss recorded".

The paper added that Australia and Malaysia were likely to declare the plane lost by the end of 2014, effectively ending a massive undersea search begun soon after the flight disappeared over the Indian Ocean on March 8, with 239 people on board.

On Nov. 10, next-of-kin activist group Voice 370 said in a statement that Dunleavy’s "unilateral declaration brings intense agony and confusions to family members and makes us lose faith in the search effort".

Malaysia Airlines then said in a statement the comments were an "expression of a personal opinion only" and the Australia-based Joint Agency Coordination Centre (JACC) running the search was giving the only official updates on the operation, involving Australian, Chinese and Malaysian search equipment.

"Australia continues to lead the search for MH370 on behalf of Malaysia and remains committed to providing all necessary assistance in the search for the aircraft," the JACC said in a statement that described Dunleavy’s comments as "greatly disturbing" for the families and loved ones of those on board.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Australian-MH370-search-agency-says-to-continue-mi-30247479.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-11-11

I think research must be continue but near Diego Garcia island whistling.gif

And why would that be pray tell?

By the very fact that they are denying it.

The most advanced listening post in that part of the world and they don't pick up even a trace of a heavy off course. If it is true then the senior officer should now be a private.

The most advanced listening post in that part of the world and they don't pick up even a trace of a heavy off course. If it is true then the senior officer should now be a private.

The aircraft was potentially up to 1500 miles plus East of Diego Garcia at an unknown level. That in itself would pose challenges even for the most robust system on earth I reckon. That is the approx distance from Bangkok to Jakarta or Christchurch to Melbourne for comparison. Edited by khaosai

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I think research must be continue but near Diego Garcia island alt=whistling.gif>

Apparently, the US govt need to steal a 777 (built in the US) and make the passengers disappear.

There are other governments that have an interest in rebuilding and remarking a 777.

Some witness saw the aircraft fly with low altitude near Maldive islands

Maldive Islands are very far from research area

Some witness saw the aircraft fly with low altitude near Maldive islands

Maldive Islands are very far from research area

I have some beach front property in New Mexico that I'd like to sell you.

There was no reason for them to be looking for it. It was already down by the time the alert went out and it wasn't doing anything to attract attention in the mean time..

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I think research must be continue but near Diego Garcia island alt=whistling.gif>

Apparently, the US govt need to steal a 777 (built in the US) and make the passengers disappear.

There are other governments that have an interest in rebuilding and remarking a 777.

Why not just use one of the many airliners parked in the desert? Why attract attention by sparking one of the greatest aviation mysteries in history? Makes no sense at all.

• Like 2

Will never be found!

To me there is only two feasible scenarios - the plane was shot down by accident or with intend during the military excercises in that area back then.

Diego Garcia, etc. are much too complex and risky scenarios with for too many chances for inviting unwanted eye witnesses...

I realize there are 1 million and one theories. I'm not in favor of any particular one.

But I categorically refuse to believe that once the plane lost communication it was not monitored by many satellites. By many countries.

The real mystery is the silence of them all.

Shhh, don't talk sensibly or act all intelligent and use common sense. Ruins the atmosphere here.

I realize there are 1 million and one theories. I'm not in favor of any particular one.But I categorically refuse to believe that once the plane lost communication it was not monitored by many satellites. By many countries.The real mystery is the silence of them all.

Could it be there are blind spots, that the world is very vast and no one is monitoring every inch of the world's air space 24/7/365 days a year. They could have the general vicinity correct and it still could talk a year or two to find it. Then again, aliens beamed it up to the mother ship so its all in vain anyway.

Huh??? Dude, a 777 is expensive, but no secret design. Even Thailand could build a 777 without having to steal one.

I realize there are 1 million and one theories. I'm not in favor of any particular one. But I categorically refuse to believe that once the plane lost communication it was not monitored by many satellites. By many countries. The real mystery is the silence of them all.

Indeed, the indian-ocean crowd conveniently skip over is how it ended up in it's predicament in the 1st place, i still havnt read or heard a theory that makes sense or completely adds up

I realize there are 1 million and one theories. I'm not in favor of any particular one. But I categorically refuse to believe that once the plane lost communication it was not monitored by many satellites. By many countries. The real mystery is the silence of them all.

Indeed, the indian-ocean crowd conveniently skip over is how it ended up in it's predicament in the 1st place, i still havnt read or heard a theory that makes sense or completely adds up

Pilot, for some reason, wanted to disappear and leave a mystery behind. Who knows why. One day, the wreck will be found and it will all start to make sense.

• 1 month later...

I realize there are 1 million and one theories. I'm not in favor of any particular one.But I categorically refuse to believe that once the plane lost communication it was not monitored by many satellites. By many countries.The real mystery is the silence of them all.

Could it be there are blind spots, that the world is very vast and no one is monitoring every inch of the world's air space 24/7/365 days a year. They could have the general vicinity correct and it still could talk a year or two to find it. Then again, aliens beamed it up to the mother ship so its all in vain anyway.

You are right.

And I am right.

As to the aliens - if their mother ship is so big and so powerful why draw attention and change the flight path?

There still remains the possibility that aliens have taken over Diego Garcia base.tongue.png

The absolutely undeniable fact is - Australian Gov't is looking for a reasonable excuse to explain money 'lost' due to search.

Can't stop thinking about 'our' money...

Edited by ABCer

That would leave wreckage visible to the Russian spy satellites keeping watch on the base there. They of all people would pipe up if the Americans shot a plane down.