Ex-PM Yingluck's impeachment hearing tentatively postponed

webfact

The Lady is absolutely right.

Stop bothering her with impeachment orders and other nonsense.

She has to go shopping for that latest Prada bag, recently arrived in CM, and also has to practice a lot her crying techniques to convince the cheated farmers and the taxpayers that all that money lost, wasn't hers or her brothers fault.

To all the posters here suffering from selective-memory-syndrome, may I suggest you take a look at the Thai Khem Khaeng scheme run by the previous Democrat-led government which incurred losses as heavy as those of the ricepledging scheme!!

So Abhisit should be before Yingluck in the impeachment line-up!!

Oooops silly me, I forgot, he is one of the "good people"

I guess I'm just playing catchup but it seems JOC is just another spiteful red-shirt who will use any amount of propaganda and misleading information to defend his own warped and blinkered view of the world.

The only information I can find says 1 trillion was for an economic stimulus package for boosting LENDING to small businesses. I see no reference anywhere to it being used to fund a single populist policy nor any evidence that they money was just 'lost'.

Do you realise the Rice Scheme didn't cost 1 trillion in total, this is the amount it has LOST. It cost even more than that.

Please give us links to the information you seem to have Mr JOC that this project lost 1 trillion baht on a populist policy to get elected, otherwise I will regard anything else you post in the future as similar laughable rubbish.

• Like 2

Even though there is no evidence to show the defendant was complicit .

Well there you go.

So if they continue down this track and there is any corruption involving any corruption I fully expect consistency from this mob and impeach the present PM.

What's good for the goose......

This is a farce !

"Even though there was no evidence the defendant was complicit in the corruption, she failed to live up to her policy address to Parliament for her failure to stop corruption and heaviest losses incurred to the country from the rice pledging scheme.'

There you are Parrot - the whole quote not just the little bit you happen to like.

The only farce is the continued failure to deal with this quickly, along with other issues like the illegally issued passport to her criminal fugitive brother. Scandalous that she and her minions haven't been dealt with yet, and will probably manage to negotiate a deal out of this,

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

And on Nov 28 it will be put off until when ?

" She had not looked into the documents or prepared herself... ". Isn't that what her lawyers are for and a trip overseas to see big brother shows her concern.

What about your yellow friends at the Airport a few years ago. How long have they been dragging there feet on that one. Let them impeach her when the yellows from the airport blockage are behind bars.

My yellow friends ? You are 'way off beam.

What colour is a ripe mango Bob ?

on the other hand Green suggests inexperience.

I'm a nice ripe pink inside. But what does that have to do with your yellow friends dragging their feet.

Forget mango just like always when the yellows run out of ammo....well you know

Anyway why would Thaksin hang around just have a look at how the general is trying to wipe his name from history and look how they are targeting Ying while others before her get the free ride.

I wouldn't blame her if she took off with all the bias being shown.

But no unlike sutep who choses not to answer court summons and goes unchecked behind monks robes she choses to go the distance and you know what all the yellow dems will once again end up with egg on their faces.

I don't know why the yellow supporters keep going down the track she is going to flee

She's been out of the country twice and came back.

It's up to the prosecutors to prove guilt and it's seems to me they gave a half assed case and can't get there act together yet they still want to grab a few headlines and a few licks in against ying.

I think she should be quietly confident she will have no case to answer but then again they are out to get her no matter what means they use.

If you really think anything will be fair or legal in this case you'd be a fool. This case is nothing more than convincing the public a military coup was justifiable so that the yellow shirts could have their turn at being corrupt for a while. Come any future election the reds will be back in power as always ... and if you really think Yingluck wants the job you're an even bigger fool.

They will convict her even if they can't find any evidence, they have to .... a lot like the koh tao case ... gotta make some body look guilty even if it's the wrong person

So it should be postponed, never heard a case that the defence cannot proceed because the prosecution has forgot to forward the particulars for the defence to pre-pair a case, what else is being done at the NLA. and NACC that is not up to standard. coffee1.gif

I absolutely agree that this can be postponed for several weeks until the lawyers have looked at the 4,000 odd pages. Yingluck will get a condensed version 1 page long in big print as she will never read all or understand all that and thats what lawyers are paid for anyway.

At the end of this deferment period there should be NO MORE deferments allowed. They go to the courts and with the money that Yingluck has, if she doesn't have the best lawyers that money can buy in Thailand and if she loses then sue the lawyers she does have.

If she is found innocent then she should go free and if she is found guilty then she MUST be punished.

• Like 1

Same old rhetoric from the yellow coup supporters .

She's packing her bags to leave the country destroying evidence blah blah blah.

This is yet another kick in the teeth and proving that this mob trying to target Yingluck and rush to try and get something anything on her yet once again failed miserably .

Won't be long and this case will just fade away just like the dems hopes of ever winning an election!

And the same old blah blah rubbish from the stuttering parrot.

• Like 2

Anyway why would Thaksin hang around just have a look at how the general is trying to wipe his name from history and look how they are targeting Ying while others before her get the free ride.

But no unlike sutep who choses not to answer court summons and goes unchecked behind monks robes she choses to go the distance and you know what all the yellow dems will once again end up with egg on their faces.

Wow, a serious case of sour grapes. Why don't you ever answer the questions put back to you instead of regurgitating childish nonsense like this ?.

Another confirmation that the only way Thailand will get out of this mess is to start educating the numbskulls and teaching them the difference between right and wrong.

• Like 2

She has to go shopping for that latest Prada bag, recently arrived in CM, and also has to practice a lot her crying techniques to convince the cheated farmers and the taxpayers that all that money lost, wasn't hers or her brothers fault.

To all the posters here suffering from selective-memory-syndrome, may I suggest you take a look at the Thai Khem Khaeng scheme run by the previous Democrat-led government which incurred losses as heavy as those of the ricepledging scheme!!

Come on JOC give it up.

If you really have something on the Dem Govt post links to prove it.

Otherwise it is just your usual PT loving garbage.

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Southeast_Asia/KF27Ae01.html.

https://rn.settrade.com/phatra/Research/upload/0000104720/0914ECON.pdf

A lot of those projects never saw the light of day or were never finished, despite the money was allocated.

A big part of the spending here was outside the budget!!

A for the 1 trillion loss in the ricepledging! Absolute nonsense. What the critics conveniently "forget" is the fact that rice was actually sold during the 3 years.

I am in no way way defending the ricepledging, a 10 year old could see the stupidity of the scheme, but the boys in yellow were not much better/smarter themselves!!

Did you bother reading your own links ?

If you did then tell us where the loss is.

We are talking about loss here not investment in infrastructure development.

Yes there has been rice sold but the money raised (what wasn't syphoned off) went back into the scheme to pay the farmers, the bank charges, storage and other costs.

We will never know how much was raised because the previous commerce and finance ministries refused to say how much was paid for rice sold. Nor do we know how much was really sold for there were shonky deals everywhere.

What we see now is a getting close to a final loss accounting, although there will be ongoing costs for years to come.

There is also the cost of lost markets and confidence in Thai rice, such as the loss of Iran as a market because of the shipment that was never delivered. These can never be truly quantified but must have cost, and will still be costing, the country dearly.

• Like 2

I think you need a lesson in Maths and comparability.

more time needed to destroy or fabricate evidence and get money out of the country ahead of fleeing ?

She came back twice already. If she would be afraid she wouldn't came back. Actually the complete family is deep into some darker businesses (airport).

So it seems some agreement was already found.

Come on JOC give it up.

If you really have something on the Dem Govt post links to prove it.

Otherwise it is just your usual PT loving garbage.

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Southeast_Asia/KF27Ae01.html.

https://rn.settrade.com/phatra/Research/upload/0000104720/0914ECON.pdf

A lot of those projects never saw the light of day or were never finished, despite the money was allocated.

A big part of the spending here was outside the budget!!

A for the 1 trillion loss in the ricepledging! Absolute nonsense. What the critics conveniently "forget" is the fact that rice was actually sold during the 3 years.

I am in no way way defending the ricepledging, a 10 year old could see the stupidity of the scheme, but the boys in yellow were not much better/smarter themselves!!

A man living a fantasy.

Sorry mate. He did face up.

And on Nov 28 it will be put off until when ?

" She had not looked into the documents or prepared herself... ". Isn't that what her lawyers are for and a trip overseas to see big brother shows her concern.

What about your yellow friends at the Airport a few years ago. How long have they been dragging there feet on that one. Let them impeach her when the yellows from the airport blockage are behind bars.

So you agree Yingluck should be impeached. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

So it should be postponed, never heard a case that the defence cannot proceed because the prosecution has forgot to forward the particulars for the defence to pre-pair a case, what else is being done at the NLA. and NACC that is not up to standard. coffee1.gif

Do I have to post the links again to prove that she and her defense lawyers have known that there will be impeachment proceedings on the grounds of negligence since as far back as February ?

No time to prepare defense but time for overseas trips and touchie feelie, moral boosting, electioneering trips to issan.

And just today :

BANGKOK: -- The National Legislative Assembly has forwarded the case file of the impeachment case to former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra within the required timeframe, NLA vice president Surachai Liangboonlertchai said today.

Full story: http://www.thaivisa....55#entry8656455

And you choose to believe her lawyers one of whom has already done time for the cake box scandal and another who is on a jail term.

Agree with you all the way. I also thought that the Ex-PM was required to pick up the brief in person but she initially sent her lawyers instead. She thinks she is too important for such a menial task.

Also, how can her lawyers, if convicted of criminal offenses, still practise. But now they have been successful in stalling the process for 30 days, she won't be around Christmas. Oh, gosh golly, gosh, I won't be able to come then as I have to take my son to see his uncle and because I had to read 4,000 pages, which I did not and could not possibly understand, I need an overseas holiday to allow my brain to recuperate.

Now that will see this matter held off until the new year but during the lay off she, her lawyers and any other of their cronies, that they want to involve, will come up with excuses as to why she does not have to appear.

1. I am innocent.

2. I have no idea what this is all about.

3. I cannot be held responsible as I never attended any of the meetings.

4. Although I've had the brief for 30 days, I have not read it all as this interferes with my social life.

5. It also interferes with my shopping excursions.

6. I will need another 30 days so that I can enjoy the festive season with my brother and at the same time (dream up more lame duck excuses) converse with my lawyers.

7. We have found new witnesses. They know nothing about the scheme but can tell you how good I am and they know this because the last time they were with me was when we were in primary school and I was really good then. Honest, believe me.

8. Please believe me, I am a politician and you know that us pollie's never lie.

9. Look at me, how could some one so sweet, beautiful and innocent looking be a naughty girl.

10. More blah, blah, blah, blah and blah, blah, blah.

We really need a reality check here and have her appear. Only two things can happen. She will either be exonerated or found guilty. Not bad, a 50/50 gamble.

What I want to know, who is running the show, the current interim government of the Ex-PM. It seems the latter at the moment.

Edited by Si Thea01
  • Like 1

You have to see it in the context of the ancient Egyptians (Or even modern Egypt?)

These "Top" people are the chosen ones - only they will be reborn as "Kings"

No mere mortal should complain about unjust systems - corruption is the leader for all Thais

If you are poor and you can gain from small time. (short term) corruption-

Then and only Then will you get on the

narcissistic path to the right to enter the realm of the undead...

I don't know why the yellow supporters keep going down the track she is going to flee

She's been out of the country twice and came back.

It's up to the prosecutors to prove guilt and it's seems to me they gave a half assed case and can't get there act together yet they still want to grab a few headlines and a few licks in against ying.

I think she should be quietly confident she will have no case to answer but then again they are out to get her no matter what means they use.

If you really think anything will be fair or legal in this case you'd be a fool. This case is nothing more than convincing the public a military coup was justifiable so that the yellow shirts could have their turn at being corrupt for a while. Come any future election the reds will be back in power as always ... and if you really think Yingluck wants the job you're an even bigger fool.

They will convict her even if they can't find any evidence, they have to .... a lot like the koh tao case ... gotta make some body look guilty even if it's the wrong person

And if they find against her, that will piss off a very large proportion of the Thai electorate. They know that, I wander whether they will (be allowed to ) continue to push for action against her?