Suthep Bestows Decoration On Top Surat Thani Cop

Lite Beer

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suthep for many years has been the head man of Surat Thani Province.

His national doings were always devolving from his position as a MP for Surat,

and as a top leader for a long time of the south west of Thailand.

For a Surat top cop, he couldn't find someone with better credentials, face or power to pin on his award. And neither of them could give a rat's patootie about what the reds think of this.

Neither could find better supporters than Koh Tao influentials who have been involved with venerable Suthep in Surat Thani division of PDRC from the start. No doubt they are all proud of their associations and don`t give a fig for lo-so inferior western race opinions or anyone else`s. They can`t help it, they were born and raised arrogant and aloof. The only position this monk will want is the top national religious one. imho

• Like 1

Is this one of the additional duties of a monk?

I would have been proud even to shake the hand of this monk.

He has saved Thailand from falling into the abyss.

Unfortunately not many men like him around.

He is and always will be a Hero for me.

Costa's considering how the Greeks were the inventors of Democracy and then forgot how to use it. I can understand your affinity to such a dodgy bastard who was once a member of the ironically named Democrat Party. I'm assuming you support Golden Dawn as well?
  • Like 2

The man is nothing short of a theiving grub who should be in jail. And by the way Costas do you know what he thinks of you !

He has publically stated that he has no time or respect for farang

Thought so. Very compassionate, tolerant, non-xenophobic wanna be religious leader we have here. Way to go on the noble 8-fold path, the middle way and all that good stuff, No words for this

Can you give me a link to his opinions on inferior westerners?

• Like 1

Costa's considering how the Greeks were the inventors of Democracy and then forgot how to use it. I can understand your affinity to such a dodgy bastard who was once a member of the ironically named Democrat Party. I'm assuming you support Golden Dawn as well?

Remember the Greek colonels? What a breath of fresh repression those guys were.

• Like 1

They all go back decades before the PDRC.

Try and use long term perspective.

And any Koh Tao people bow the knee to Suthep, provincial kamnan. There is no partnership he is far above them in the feudal hierarchy.

No doubt. However the PDRC connections are quite easy to unravel and document. Stuff before that is more opaque to me.

Seems someone owes someone favors in return, even though venerable Suthep is top of the pyramid (well almost). Leverage is a cleaner word than a black one.

• Like 1

This so-called monk cost Thailand several billion unproductive baht. Yes, so did the Taksin/Yingluck alliance, but two wrongs don't make a right. I call him a so-called monk because I don't believe he has ever practiced the basic precepts of Buddhism, nor the rules of the Sangha. As demonstrated by this photo bestowing a decoration on a public official. Suthep no longer has the right to do this. It is in the same league as retired police and military offices still wearing their uniforms. TIT

Suthep became a monk to try to reclaim some respectability (also out of sight out of mind), plus it out of favor to whack monks.

• Like 1

I have no issue with a Buddhist monk bestowing an honorable decoration on this policeman. Thailand is a Buddhist State whose Head of State must be Buddhist.

However, the choice of novice Suthrep as the presenter is problematic given the political and violent taints that follow him. He is still under arraignment for the criminal charge of sedition. There are more respected and senior practioners of Buddhism who have been dedicated to the faith who bear no political or violent taints who could have been called to perform this ceremony.

Whether intentional or not, Suthep's presence is a political statement. If this event goes without government comment, it will further question the sincerity of NCPO claimed nuetrality in its political reforms.

"Army commander General Prayuth Chan-ocha insists on a neutral stance on the current political situation, saying the Army must always stay neutral in politics while continuing to maintain peace and social order ..." - Army spokesman, The Nation 2013-12-17

"Political statement" "intentional or not", that`s a toughie!

This decoration is a police decoration I understand and part of the rewards promised to good officers by the good PM himself?.

It should more appropriately have been bestowed by the PM as Supreme Commander Pol Dept and his right hand the good Pol Commissioner General Somyot. Not a divisive figure like venerable novice Suthep, imho In front of all the Surat Thani RTP at a police awkward ceremony, would have been only slightly less offensive to most..

You have extraordinarily weak criteria for your heroes, mate.

My guess is you'd never tolerate his type in your own country. The man epitomizes corruption, supports fascism and outdated institutions, obstructs free elections and has the audacityto drape himself in the flag of a country, the majority of its citizens he despises.

• Like 2

"I would have been proud even to shake the hand of this monk"

Just make sure you count your fingers afterwards!!whistling.gif

• Like 2

Costas, i donn't what you drink or smoke, but it must be strong, you better don't.

Suthep is sure not a Hero, he brought the the economy of Thailand in a down spiral and it will be very difficult to get back up with economy and investments, but i think you are not in business and economy is not your thing !

Suthep has not saved Thailand, but almost killed it, I hope he never returns in politics and he will die in peace in the temple.

Yes , yes that's correct. It is nothing to do with the 50% rise of minimum wage and following inflation, rising rents and job losses. Certainly nothing to do with the high baht, cons, rising prices and murders killing the tourist trade. Definitely nothing to do with foreign companies distrust of the previous government and certainly nothing to do with creating a economy of debt that people couldn't afford destroying the populations available cash putting thousands of small businesses out of business.

• Like 1

luckily no one cares that he's a "hero" to you as to most Thais I speak to he's quite the opposite and seeks 'protection' in the Wat and wears the saffron robe for the protection it brings but he can't hide forever after destroying democracy in Thailand

That's funny. There was never democracy under Shinawatras rule. Autocratic and thieving rule without accountability - yes, democracy - no. Anyway things will get back to normal one day.

A number of Redshirts, who supported the former government, have criticised the photo on social media and accused Pol.Maj.Gen. Abhichart of displaying a political bias by giving the decorating honour to the hardcore Yellowshirt activist.

of course lest not forget a certain "gentleman" living in Dubai, who pinned an medal on a Police official (in full uniform) in Hong Kong and the Police official just happened to be on a "private" trip,

so which is worse, political bias ? or receiving a policeman receiving a medal from a convicted criminal ?

I am sure Fab4 will be along shortly to make excuses or brand Suthep a fascist

what's the difference in this situation? Thaksin was convicted for violating conflict of interest rules in the purchase of land in Bangkok. Hasn't Suthep come under fire for the same thing? Dodgy land deals with his son etc? The difference being Thaksin got charged - and most would agree it was politically motivated - and Suthep hasn't although I guess when a vote is allowed and the government changes yet again until the next coup, Suthep will probably suffer the same politically motivated charges. It's all stuff and nonsense, they're all bent.

A number of Redshirts, who supported the former government, have criticised the photo on social media and accused Pol.Maj.Gen. Abhichart of displaying a political bias by giving the decorating honour to the hardcore Yellowshirt activist.

of course lest not forget a certain "gentleman" living in Dubai, who pinned an medal on a Police official (in full uniform) in Hong Kong and the Police official just happened to be on a "private" trip,

so which is worse, political bias ? or receiving a policeman receiving a medal from a convicted criminal ?

I am sure Fab4 will be along shortly to make excuses or brand Suthep a fascist

what's the difference in this situation? Thaksin was convicted for violating conflict of interest rules in the purchase of land in Bangkok. Hasn't Suthep come under fire for the same thing? Dodgy land deals with his son etc? The difference being Thaksin got charged - and most would agree it was politically motivated - and Suthep hasn't although I guess when a vote is allowed and the government changes yet again until the next coup, Suthep will probably suffer the same politically motivated charges. It's all stuff and nonsense, they're all bent.

Think you will find ven Suthep will be granted full immunity by NCPO,new charter, martial law etc for services rendered to the coupsters since 2010.That`s the least they can do for him as he was vital to their cause. What are friends in high places for? Meanwhile he can hold ugly court in a beautiful Wat.

• Like 1