Thai Tourist Police and others in LINE

jpinx

In the app "LINE" which seems to now be a requirement on a mobile here, I have added the Tourist Police, TAT, AOT and a few others that I thought might be interesting to foreigners. Unfortunately they seem to post only in Thai language, which kinda makes me wonder if they are trying to supply a service to foreigners or just pumping themselves up in front of the locals. Anyone seen this?

• Like 1

I've always had great success with tourist police. My strategy in the world with languages. Even the most feeble attempt at foreign language on my part. Spanish is generally my go to foreign tongue. My spanish isn't very good. Next thing I know, everyone is speaking English.

Heheee i sent them a message asking the number to report a crime. Their reply was all in Thai and after translating it i found their replying number was for thai only. Noone could speak english when i called

The number is

If the operator that answers doesn't speak English (rare) just ask for one that does.

The Thai Tourist Police are just that, they are Thai, English is barely a second language to most of them. Thai Tourist Police are a division of the Royal Thai Police and with exception of walking Street here in Pattaya most areas they patrol are full of tourists from all over Thailand, not just from all over the world. As was stated if you need an English speaker when you call 1155 just ask them, if you are lucky you will get one.