wife changed her last name

I'm going to Thai consulate Savannakhet. My wife changed her last name to mine. She has new Id, house book copy with her new name. The amphor gave her certificate of name change too.

Do I need to add this certificate of name Change to my paperwork to apply for my non-o based on marriage?

Like next to the marriage certificate and her copies of id and house book?

Her original family name is now her middle name and now share my last name.

Edited by keithet

Should I place the copies in order behind the marriage certificate?

Right now it's like this:

1. Application (with 2 photos of mine glued to it)

2. Copy of marriage certificate Kor.3 (the pretty one)

3. Copy of name Chang certificate

4. Copy of my passport photo page

5. Copy of wife's id card (with her new name)

6. Copy of wife's house book (with new name)

Edited by keithet

My wife had to take my name when we got married. Her maiden name is on the marriage certificate like every brides will be.

Never have been asked for a name change document. That is good because she was not given one.

They will not want one in Savannakhet.

My wife had to take my name when we got married. Her maiden name is on the marriage certificate like every brides will be.

Never have been asked for a name change document. That is good because she was not given one.

Do you think I should place it in my paperwork like in the order I mentioned above? I don't want to anger the official with excess paper. Or just have it handy and wait if I'm asked for it?

I don't want to wait till the end of the day or next while they are processing the application and it's denied because of different last name. Even though her maiden name is now her middle and my last name is now hers too.

Edited by keithet

UJ is right,

No need for name change documents when a wife takes her husbands name.

You only need name change documents when they do it because they feel the need for a different name.

Most countries allow women to use their maiden name or husbands name concurrently without extra paperwork.

The marriage certificate gives them that right.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

Do you think I should place it in my paperwork like in the order I mentioned above? I don't want to anger the official with excess paper. Or just have it handy and wait if I'm asked for it?

I don't want to wait till the end of the day or next while they are processing the application and it's denied because of different last name. Even though her maiden name is now her middle and my last name is now hers too.

I would leave it out. If they decide they want it they will ask.

I don't recall anybody ever being asked for it.

The order you give the documents does not matter but I always make sure my passport photo page is the first in the stack.