Ukraine crisis: Russia under pressure at G20 summit

Lite Beer

Ukraine crisis: Russia under pressure at G20 summit

Russia has been rebuked by Western leaders about its role in the Ukraine crisis, at a G20 summit in Australia.

Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper told Russian President Vladimir Putin that he needed to "get out of Ukraine".

US President Barack Obama said Moscow's "aggression" in Ukraine was a "threat to the world", while the UK threatened more sanctions unless Russia stopped "destabilising" its neighbour.

The two-day summit in Brisbane is focusing on promoting economic growth.

World leaders are expected to elaborate on plans agreed by G20 finance ministers in February to boost global growth by 2% in five years.

Read More: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-30067612

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-11-15

I bet Putin just sat there and laughed.

Strange how the NATO authorities say they have watched massive movements of troops and equipment from Russia into eastern Ukraine, and yet showed absolute no photo or video proof.

Strange how the image of a Ukraine fighter jet releasing a missile towards MH17 moments before it disappearance despite the fact that the US must have been able to see this within hours of the news breaking.

The west is being pushed into a war with Russia by the US as a last ditch attempt to stop Russia from destroying the USD and ultimately the US economy and American society as we know it.

But it is just going to serve to bring forward Russia's plans to do exactly that.

I can't believe that Obama also had a crack at China. This is just going to push Russia and Chine closer together.

People seem to think that Russia has no allies. You would be wrong to think that.

It would seem from this post that Russia does indeed not stand alone.. I'm sure you will give the Kremlin a warm fuzzy feeling... ?

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Strange how the NATO authorities say they have watched massive movements of troops and equipment from Russia into eastern Ukraine, and yet showed absolute no photo or video proof.

Strange how the image of a Ukraine fighter jet releasing a missile towards MH17 moments before it disappearance despite the fact that the US must have been able to see this within hours of the news breaking.

The west is being pushed into a war with Russia by the US as a last ditch attempt to stop Russia from destroying the USD and ultimately the US economy and American society as we know it.

But it is just going to serve to bring forward Russia's plans to do exactly that.

I can't believe that Obama also had a crack at China. This is just going to push Russia and Chine closer together.

People seem to think that Russia has no allies. You would be wrong to think that.

It would seem from this post that Russia does indeed not stand alone.. I'm sure you will give the Kremlin a warm fuzzy feeling...

Russian allies? There's always Russia's newst trade partner Thailand. Maybe the Russian fleet will visit Pattaya to show its solidarity with another military force that overthrew an elected government.

Putin approached the Canadian PM with his hand extended, which Harper shook while simultaneously accusing Putin of sending troops to Ukraine.

“Well I guess I’ll shake your hand, but I only have one thing to say to you: you need to get out of Ukraine,” Harper said, as cited by his spokesman Jason MacDonald.

According to the Kremlin’s press service, Putin’s reply was that “unfortunately it is impossible – because we are not there.”

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It would seem from this post that Russia does indeed not stand alone.. I'm sure you will give the Kremlin a warm fuzzy feeling...

Russian allies? There's always Russia's newst trade partner Thailand. Maybe the Russian fleet will visit Pattaya to show its solidarity with another military force that overthrew an elected government.

which elected gvt you mean ??

• Like 2