Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle ( FCEV )

ArranP

Do we yet know of which FCEVs are or will be available to buy in thailand ?

I'm hoping from honda or toyota as these manufacturers seem to avoid the exorbitant import taxes.

Edited by ArranP

There are exactly zero fuel cell cars in Thailand, and don't hold your breath waiting for them and the infrastructure they need - it's all not even remotely close to an TH manufacturer's radar.

Honda and Toyota both have sold HEV's for several years now, and you can expect more form them in the form of PHEV's over the next few years.

Kinda brings up a slightly off-topic discussion. If you wanted the most affordable hybrid or CNG vehicle that was the cheapest to operate over the long term it appears to me there are only two choices and both Hondas (not including Proton or new Soluna):

1. New City CNG at 651k Baht mid level, 711k Baht top model, or:

2. New Jazz Hybrid (non plug-in), 768kBaht or 778k Baht top white.

For Thailand, and considering the cost of replacing the battery cells in ,10 years or so (perhaps 100k Baht?), I'd say the CNG wins. thumbsup.gif Best non-eco economy car in Thailand.

Edited by keemapoot

Kinda brings up a slightly off-topic discussion. If you wanted the most affordable hybrid or CNG vehicle that was the cheapest to operate over the long term it appears to me there are only two choices and both Hondas (not including Proton or new Soluna):

1. New City CNG at 651k Baht mid level, 711k Baht top model, or:

2. New Jazz Hybrid (non plug-in), 768kBaht or 778k Baht top white.

For Thailand, and considering the cost of replacing the battery cells in ,10 years or so (perhaps 100k Baht?), I'd say the CNG wins. thumbsup.gif Best non-eco economy car in Thailand.

The elephant in the room when talking about CNG cars, is the trunk space though - which makes them a non-starter for the vast majority of people.