Singapore passport and driving license on 'O' visa, do I need a Thai driving license?

BigOm19

http://www.thaivisa.com/thai-driving-license.html

Q1. It says drivers holding licenses from Laos, Malaysia and Singapore do not need Thai licenses but I think this means if you're on a tourist visa. Otherwise, you'll need a Thai driving license?

Where can I verify this information if not here?

Q2. Also, could anyone recommend a centre in Bangkok where I don't have to bring along a Thai interpreter to take the tests perhaps?

Thank you in advance.

If you have an ASEAN driving licence you can in theory drive on your domestic licence. Getting a Thai driving licence is one of the easier tasks to accomplish in this country. The centre on Sukhumvit soi 62 should be able to rustle up an English speaker. Within 2-4 hours and after a few rudimentary tests (almost impossible to fail) and the payment of 550 baht you should walk out with your Thai licence. You get 1 year in the first instance then 5 years renewable. I went there for my 2nd 5 year licence earlier this year.

• Like 1

If you have an ASEAN driving licence you can in theory drive on your domestic licence. Getting a Thai driving licence is one of the easier tasks to accomplish in this country. The centre on Sukhumvit soi 62 should be able to rustle up an English speaker. Within 2-4 hours and after a few rudimentary tests (almost impossible to fail) and the payment of 550 baht you should walk out with your Thai licence. You get 1 year in the first instance then 5 years renewable. I went there for my 2nd 5 year licence earlier this year.

Thanks very much for the detailed answer, millwall_fan, especially on the 2nd question!!!