Company Registration

I hired Sunbelt Asia's Chiang Mai office to set up my company and process my workpermit, which allows me to work as managing director and It-consultant. My visa, I handle myself on grounds of being married to a Thai (no need for legal advisors on that part).

They did it to my full satisfaction. The ones to be avoided would be those legal advicers, who don't have much experience with farlangs setting up a company.

I have used Sunbelt twice.

First time was left with some small accounting errors, but overall performance was satisfactory. Second time communication was really rather below par, but got the job done in the end for a reasonable price. Shame it took over two months from start to finish.

I freel that Sunbelt should be a great company, it ALMOST is. However, i think that is a victim of its own success, and maybe it has grown a little too quickly. Communication is the buzzword here, and communication between departments is not too good, and communication with clients (i.e. me!!) was terrible. I had to call them myself every time i wanted to know what was happening at various stages of the game.

Having said that, i do believe that Greg is one of the most knowledgeable guys around , and i do have a lot of time for him.

Compared to a lot of the other companies around, i would recommend Sunbelt above most of them,