Thai humor

benalibina

Joke wise not much....practical jokes - pranks type fun is enjoyed among family is common.....laughing and talking about life's foibles = quite a bit.....they seem so practical and happy go lucky our "canned" perception of "humor" might not apply....I find them perceptive and quick with a bit of mischief at the ready......heck even in the farang world many groups have very different views of humor - some of which is boorish/blunt and/or mean in spirit....I find the Thai humor pretty simple and innocent - it wasn't too many years ago there was not too much in life to laugh about for msny of them......my FIL would never initiate humor but loves to watch others and laugh along with them.....MIL is a lot more light hearted/spirited....my wife has a very enjoyable sense of humor.....the family as a unit are quiet folks.....I imagine with their outlooks/Thai's might look at some farang antics and think we're idiotic or pitiable more than funny.....

I too do not know of any Thai jokes. Yet I do know they have a great sense of humour. Many a time I have sat with family and said some tongue in cheek things that have had the older ones laughing.

As I recall, a lot of Thai people I have known love things like slapstick comedy and cartoons such as Tom n Jerry.

To me that says they must have humour and jokes, just that we rarely ever get to hear Thai jokes and if we do, we may not 'get it'.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Joke wise not much....practical jokes - pranks type fun is enjoyed among family is common.....laughing and talking about life's foibles = quite a bit.....they seem so practical and happy go lucky our "canned" perception of "humor" might not apply....I find them perceptive and quick with a bit of mischief at the ready......heck even in the farang world many groups have very different views of humor - some of which is boorish/blunt and/or mean in spirit....I find the Thai humor pretty simple and innocent - it wasn't too many years ago there was not too much in life to laugh about for msny of them......my FIL would never initiate humor but loves to watch others and laugh along with them.....MIL is a lot more light hearted/spirited....my wife has a very enjoyable sense of humor.....the family as a unit are quiet folks.....I imagine with their outlooks/Thai's might look at some farang antics and think we're idiotic or pitiable more than funny.....

meu-a wan pom soo yah, bpen pairng mahk

yesterday I bought medicine, it was very expensive

bpen yah arai ?

what medicine was it?

yah ma-ha ?

Yamaha

http://www.knowphuket.com/thai_language/L31_thai_jokes.htm

• Like 1