Global Shipping Program and Thailand

jaidam

Does anybody have experience ordering large or long items from the States to be delivered in Thailand with this GSP program?

I recently won an auction for a 2 meter long item that was almost weightless. Shipping and import duties with GSP were approx 70 US dollars.

So I am watching the progress on tracking, all looking good making its way to the major freight export center, and then suddenly no further progress. Then a few days ago I get an email from the auction site saying my package is too long for the GSP(a baldfaced lie as max length for GSP is 118 inches my package was 33% shorter than that) and that I have been given a refund.

So no consultation from auction site or seller, no apology, just a bald faced lie, and the item I won is now for sale again from a seller located in the city that tracking stopped in. Erlanger KY.

All very strange, so did anybody ever recieve a long package using the GSP?

edit to add, just got message from original seller expressing their confusion and apologies. Turns out they got same message as me about the package being oversize.

Edited by jaidam

Erlanger is a hub for i-Parcel, by far and away the worst courier I've dealt with. UPS bought them a while back, but they certainly don't work to UPS standards. I've experienced their lies as well. A couple of months ago, a package was sitting in BKK for over a week. I emailed them, and they emailed me back the next day with a fake Thailand Post tracking. But it arrived the same day, so I just blew it off.

Right now, their system says another parcel is sitting in customs for 8 days. I emailed after 4 days, got an immediate email back that they would check on it and get back to. Nothing since then.

The problem with Amazon is that if you don't buy a premium shipping, it's a crapshoot as to who the courier is. I made two separate orders from Amazon.co.uk on the same day, chose the same cheap shipping. One item got shipped by UPS and arrived at my house 4 days later; the other took a week to get to BKK and may still be sitting there 8 days later.

I understand your frustration.

• Like 1

There are big holdups with every import coming into Thailand, as Customs(I believe), are snowed under, as they now have to check every single item.

Could be all the confusion. Tracking seems to go haywire once it lands here...