Tourist Police Round-up Ladyboys On Pattaya Beach In Response To Tourist Complaints

britmaveric

How on earth they expect to get rid of these pests by fining them a minimal amount and then letting them go back in droves to pester tourists is beyond me. They should enforce a ban for a period of say 3 months and then fine them heavily if they lurk there again.

The situation along Beach Rd is getting worse by the month and something more positive needs to be done to deter these pests and the other prostitutes who are turning Beach Road into another red light area. During the day also the numbers of these people have increased quite considerably.

During the hours of darkness even early evening the promenade is awash with prostitues of various genders and they are even now plying their trade on the other side of Beach Road as well. This must be giving tourists a bad image of Pattaya......who wants to go for a quiet stroll down there with these people lurking under what seems to be every tree?

Stricter stronger enforcement needs to be applied now or this lovely area will become a no go zone for normal people.

Ya money is a great deturer, fine them heavily and they'll :o split

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should round them up and cut their balls off. Woops...that's what they want isnt it? Seriously, they are a bloody menace down there. So many times I wanted to warn Joe Bloggs who was being chatted up by the "tall ones" but then then kept on walking giggling to myself. Yes, I am an evil little boy. Caveat Emptor I say.

Pattaya Beach Road is a public place and a place where people with families should be able to walk along and enjoy...

Oh come on, now! Pattaya is a town full of prostitutes and bars. Let's get real about this. That's the real attraction there, and everyone knows it! A place for families--my arse!

How about this for a solution: Set up Koh Larn as a place for the ladyboys. If you want to "take a walk on the wild side", they you catch a ferry (!) over to the island (and ride a ferry back!). :o Segregate them! Enforce it.

Nothing's being done with that island anyway, right?

This must be giving tourists a bad image of Pattaya......

:D I think most tourists appreciate Pattaya for the s-hithole that it has always been. :o

i agree, i have not set foot there since 1991 and i will not again, it was bad then, now it must be like hel_l.

How on earth they expect to get rid of these pests by fining them a minimal amount and then letting them go back in droves to pester tourists is beyond me. They should enforce a ban for a period of say 3 months and then fine them heavily if they lurk there again.

The situation along Beach Rd is getting worse by the month and something more positive needs to be done to deter these pests and the other prostitutes who are turning Beach Road into another red light area. During the day also the numbers of these people have increased quite considerably.

During the hours of darkness even early evening the promenade is awash with prostitues of various genders and they are even now plying their trade on the other side of Beach Road as well. This must be giving tourists a bad image of Pattaya......who wants to go for a quiet stroll down there with these people lurking under what seems to be every tree?

Stricter stronger enforcement needs to be applied now or this lovely area will become a no go zone for normal people.

ok ... now here's a thought .....

what law were they breaking and why should their liberties be curtailed?

yes there are the agressive ones ... but not normally agressive until they see BritMav go past and not reply to the "You hansum man!"

a round-up is the poorest form of law-enforcement ... and a ban? Well they could pass a law that someone NOT be allowed back into an area if CONVICTED of a real crime!

Ok...so...something i have been wondering for a long time....and hope you (as you seem knowlegable in this subject...among others) could tell me....WHY ARE THERE SO MANY MORE LADYBOYS IN THAILAND in comparrison with anywhere else on the planet??

I have spent much time pondering over this subject and would love if anyone could give me an intelligent response!! :-)

Edited by Rebeckah

Oh...and i do think FRAUD is a real crime...these creatures are fraudulently advertising themselves as women!!! I think this is crime enough...and i bet those many of tourists with too much beer inside them who get tricked may agree.........

Rather than rounding up a group of people who all look same/funny and fining them - for what??? Wouldn't it be better to arrest an individual, charge him with a specific crime and then send him to court for sentencing....that's what you do in most civilised countries.

I have to agree with the law on this one.

I live in Jomtien near Pattaya and like to go

to a reasonably priced bar on soi 8,then like to

walk up Beach Rd beach side,and yes,enjoy

the ladies but the LB's Jeezis Edith!! They have

many times grabbed my arm and locked on,

and then as I'm pulling away,telling them

sternly,but with smile NO..they try to

go for wallet in back pocket.NICE TRY <deleted>!

I keep in front always! but it is getting out of

control.Especially in a few darker strips where lights

are more minimal. They need to go to the island of

misfit toys I think.Where the guys who prefer them

can go and enjoy to their hearts content!

Some of them I'm told,have serious problems/issues

with the yaba daba doo too.

Sorry,just my opinion. :o

Yep, they can't take NO for an answer. They just keep on pestering you, trying it on,

You just want to say.

Yes Im pissed up, but I still know that your a bloke........<deleted> OFF

I feel sorry for the people that find out the hard way.

RELOCATE THEM to an approate area. But they would not go as they are just after the Dunk that can't tell the differance at the time. Normally a tourist.

I find it more dangouis in walking on beach road from the side walk then from L.B or the ladies I trip many times walking on beach road that when I walk I have to look were I am walking and not at the male & female hustlers trying to sell sex as for rounding up L B I think during the day lite hours they should be chased off for families to have there time but I also include ladies as well they are also very demanding but let remember if the tourist did not buy sex from them they would go some place else to sell there bodies that includes both male & female hustlers and look at the bars who employ these people they exploit them with bar fines maybe that why the police round them up because there clintel escapes paying bar fines to the local sh*t holes by picking up there sex partners off beach road

Again! :o

and whilst the protectors of Gotham City were ridding the beach of this plague of Danny La Roo's 16 people were mugged, 4 stabbed, 3 shot and 1 was taught how to walk on water at the crocodile farm. :D

Rest easy citizens, your nuts are safe once again :D

for a while that is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :D

Ladyboys are breaking the law, a person is supposed to be able to prove that they have a legal means of support. I met my wife in a Beach Rd bar, I know a ladyboy who works there, he is a real nice guy and very polite, he doesnt hang around in gangs. He told me that the real reason for the ladyboy problem is farangs. They get drunk and the first thing they want is get into some ladyboys knickers. If the farangs ignored them they would soon move on. Ive suggested in other forums a solution would be to randomly pick up say 50 people every day who look the type that maybe committing crimes in Pattaya. Take them back to Soi 9, check their ID's and they must supply how they legally support themselves. If they fail to do so put their details on a data base, run them out of town and inform them that if they're seen in Pattaya again and arrested they will serve a mandatory 12 months jail. Have you ever noticed when reading the crime section in the Pattaya Mail etc. every Thai person who is arrested is never from Pattaya, they're always from up north. Pattaya is a great place but unfortunately it's been innundated by by the lowest of low lifes from all around Thailand and not forgetting the many farang criminals on the run from their own countries.

I know a ladyboy who works there, he is a real nice guy and very polite, he doesnt hang around in gangs. He told me that the real reason for the ladyboy problem is farangs. They get drunk and the first thing they want is get into some ladyboys knickers. If the farangs ignored them they would soon move on.

There is a lot of truth in that statement.

If there was no trade to be made along Beach Road, there would be no hookers.

ok boys. just to throw a spanner in the works and stir up things a bit, if it were women doing the same hassling, would you have the same reaction?

the lady boys are trying to make a living, the same as the girls in the bars are. when the girls from the bars cling on to you and tell you that you were handsum man etc, do you shake them off like you do a ladyboy?

after all, some of you like bar girls, some dont. some of you like fat, some like skinny. some of you like long hair some like short hair. some of you like blonde, some like dark.

some of you like women, some like men or ladyboys.

if an undesirable bar girl were to cling on, you would probably (hopefully) decline her generous offer politely and move on. but if it is a ladyboy, why do you feel that you have to be rude to them and treat them as if they are second rate citizens?

is it just because these are ladyboys that you are getting angry, or because they are trying to rip you off?

whats the real reason fellas?

Ok...so...something i have been wondering for a long time....and hope you (as you seem knowlegable in this subject...among others) could tell me....WHY ARE THERE SO MANY MORE LADYBOYS IN THAILAND in comparrison with anywhere else on the planet??

I have spent much time pondering over this subject and would love if anyone could give me an intelligent response!! :-)

Western countries lack the non-violent ambivalence of most Thai's. Boys who dress up as girls in AUS, GB, & the USA are more likely to be confronted, abused, and perhaps even bashed. Whereas in Thailand they are able to express their personalities in relative safety.

The prejudice of Ex-pats and visitors toward trans-genders and cross-dressers will hopefully not erode the general tolerance that Thailand celebrates. Otherwise, who knows, maybe fat old farangs that polute Pattaya will meet a similar fate. :o

Ahhh the Patter bashers are coming out and posting!!!! :o

So I see... :D

And they'd better start watching what they post or there will be warnings and/or suspensions awarded.

PUBLIC WARNING... if anyone posts anything in violation of the Forum Rules, expect to receive an appropriate reward from a moderator or forum admin.

Ahhh the Patter bashers are coming out and posting!!!! :o

Yes BM.....it's always the same, isn't it? One adverse report about Pattaya and they all come out of their dank little holes to present their own little snotty comments.

I would wager that not one of them lives here. You agree?

...and Samui? Well, that's the Mafioso Capital of Thailand.

I think because when God was passing out the genes he gave the Thai women more than their fair share of the good genes and left the Thai men high and dry....LOL.....

I have no facts to back this up but it seems the Thai people as a whole have more feminine characteristics including the men...It seems many Thai men strait or gay or ladyboy have a bit to much of the female genes...

How many times have you heard the Thai lady's say they are not attracted to Thai men?..How many Female farrang and Male Thai couples have you seen?...I think I have made my point...

Plus I think some Thai men are very jealous of the money the lady's can make selling themselves...I think some men maybe borderline ladyboys but the money factor pushes them over the edge....

if an undesirable bar girl were to cling on, you would probably (hopefully) decline her generous offer politely and move on. but if it is a ladyboy, why do you feel that you have to be rude to them and treat them as if they are second rate citizens?

We are responding to the original post. The article clearly indicates that ladyboys become agressive and commit crime against tourists.....particularly those LB's along Beach Road.

This is not the case with the (majority of) female workers along Beach Road.

I have no objection to be propositioned by female/male/inbetween whilst walking along the beach, but I strongly object to being grabbed by any of them.

In my experience of walking along Beach Road after dark, back to my hotel, it is only the katoeys who force themselves onto you....and politely refusing their advances doesn't usually work.

In some cases, it takes an agressive action to keep them physically away, particularly when you suspect that their real target is your wallet or other valuable items.

Pattaya is a reflection of the tourists and farangs who have made it what it is. Just like any other community around the world. The KTs are probabaly poor and desperate. They are but a small reflection of Thailand. Hopefully, there can be some sort of balance between the elements to make Pattaya the nice and safe place it use to be...until then, I have absolutely no desire to go there when you can go to much nicer places in Thailand.

I thinks that funny.... I was Soi 6 and a LB came in and grabbed me by the arm whilst i was in the middle of having my face shaved... i told It politely to get lost.

Wow. I gotta laugh at times. It seems that confronting "undesireable types" only happens in Pattaya !

Have none of you people ever encountered "undesireable" people in your home countries ? Are there not places in your home cities that you are not comfortable walking along ? What do you do there ?

I spent years in a very nice city (Vancouver, Canada), but there are places that you don't walk around in the day time, let alone at night (unless you want a lot of contact with less than desireable people). So what do you do ? Usually you avoid those areas where possible.

If you know that a certain place is populated with drug addicts, dealers, prostitutes and pimps, do you still feel compelled to go to that area and walk around ?

If you know Beach Road (beach side) after dark is heavily populated with the type of people you'd rather not deal with, why do you feel the need to still walk down there and risk confronting those same people ?

I've walked down the side of Beach Road many times at night. I find it faster and easier than trying to negotiate the sidewalk on the other side (at least when the shops and bars are still open). I have never had a problem, be it 10 pm, 2 am or 3:30 am (the last time I walked through there). Then again, even when I'm pretty drunk, I know where I'm going and how to get there.

I walk with a purpose, with my head up, looking around. If I see vendors or katoeys in my path, I try to catch their eye and then give my head a little shake, indicating that I'm not interested in what ever they have to offer. Once in awhile I have to wave my hand (at waist level) and give a quick "Mai Ow Khrap" as I keep on walking.

Never had a problem.

I've also watched how certain people act while they are there.

Like the tourists (of various races and nationalities) that slowly stroll along, stopping and staring at various groups of "ladies", and occasionally checking "prices and services available". If they don't get answers to suit them, they stroll on down to the next group. Sometimes the "ladies" will follow them for a bit, trying to negotiate a deal.

And like it or not, some of those people bring trouble on themselves. You get a drunk pisshead staggering down the sidewalk, sneering and casting insults at the "ladies", well, what do you think will happen ? (in Pattaya, usually nothing happens).

I've seen farangs try to haggle down prices with katoeys, then get pissed off and abusive if they don't get the deal they want.

Quite frankly, a lot of the farang behaviour I've seen down there, would get those same people in trouble where ever they were (in Pattaya or their home countries).

The ladyboys aren't angels, but they aren't all petty criminals waiting to jump on unsuspecting tourists either.

And, it's not like everyone on Beach Road is a ladyboy either. Lots on regular ladies out there too.

So, either avoid the area after dark, or stop making yourself a potential victim. Pretty simple eh ! :o

It's also very much connected to the social attitude in Thailand. Unlike the West, Thailand accepts ladyboys, and they are considered to be the third sex.

What few tourists ever get to see is the huge numbers of ladyboys who are NOT sleazing about in lycra minidresses and size 10 stilettos. These thousands - tens of thousands - of katoeys are working in stores and beauty parlours, restaurants, shops and offices. Chang Mai has a university which is tolerant of ladyboys, and a high LB student population.

Usually the inclination towards being a LB develops at a young age - often when the boy starts school and discovers that he doesn't enjoy fighting and kicking, but would rather sit with the gitls and do girlie things...

Most times the family is supportive, and his mother will advise him on how to dress, buy him girls clothes and show him how to use make-up. When i was teaching in BKK, there was a young "katoey in the making" in most of the classes - although, out of respect to the school and teachers, they kept their hair shortish and wore no make-up at all.

Thai society does not reject or mock the young boy that feels that he is in the wrong body, and he is permitted to openly discover and express his sexuality. At best ladyboys are admired by the Thais, as many of them are unusually creative and expressive, and to become a cabaret performer in a top venue is quite a high standing in society.

And at worst, they are tolerated. But I have never seen a Thai person being openly aggressive towards a ladyboy. A grin and maybe a snide joke is about the worst thing that happens.

On the other hand, I would think that most ordinary, working Thais, living outside areas like Pattaya, would be appalled at the behaviour of ANYONE who behaved like many do on Pattaya's Beach Road at night - ladyboy or not.

Anyway, that's why there are so many ladyboys in Thailand. It's the only country that has this attitude towards this particular gender issue.

Rob

All you guys remind me of the little old lady who called the police to complain that her next door neighbour was walking around his house naked. When the police came to investigate, they learned that the naked neighbour could only be seen if the little old lady stood on a chair at a certain angle to the window.

Anyone who walks along the beach in the dark is looking for trouble. If you don't like being accosted by ladyboys, don't go where they hang out...sounds like a simple solution to me.

Yep, they can't take NO for an answer. They just keep on pestering you, trying it on,

You just want to say.

Yes Im pissed up, but I still know that your a bloke........<deleted> OFF

I feel sorry for the people that find out the hard way.

RELOCATE THEM to an approate area. But they would not go as they are just after the Dunk that can't tell the differance at the time. Normally a tourist.

So your saying it's realy unfortunate if a guy pays for sex, and later finds out it was a ladyboy. I'm not sure which is worse. The guy who's offended by the men who want to be woman and protests at thier presence, or the guy thats sad enough to pay for sex in the first place. I'm sure these tourists wouldn't have complaied if they were all beautiful woman. If they are commiting a crime, they should be punished regardless of gendre.

It seems to me there were some dissapointed western men in this case.

My wife and I will be walking down beach road tonight, we will park the bike in Royal Plaza and then walk down the promenade (if you can call it that) to Walking Street. Now at 8.00 pm there is not such a problem with Kateoys, the problem at that time is the legions of freelancers perched on every available sitting area. Now, maybe that does not appear in itself a problem but with the accompanying influx of farangs chatting the girls up and lingering longer than is healthy there must be an impression to any tourist (usually with family) that Pattaya is not encouraging a very good image. Don't get me wrong, I have been here, done that and got the tee-shirt (although never with a freelancer) but what image is Pattaya trying to offer.

Try to walk the other side of the road and you are more likely to have to walk in the street to avoid poles, vendors, telephone booths or just the other person coming the other way... I love Pattaya but you find yourself excusing every indiscretion that occurs. It is out there but why is it always in your face; if you want that sort of thing then set areas aside for it (or have they done that already) and allow free and secure access to those who wish to ensure their holiday or residential experience in Pattaya is one that they can enjoy by not having to watch where they go at night for worry of threat or harrassment.

Having just been in Phuket (Patong Beach) and seen the way that the whole of the beach road area (almost) is given over to restaurants (many upmarket), shops and roadside bars (no freelancers) Pattaya could take a leaf out of the book of the town planners there. Yes you have Soi Bangla but it is so wide that walking down there at night is a fascinating experience with no feeling of harrassment or threat. Phuket itself is far more accommodating for families and couples, Pattaya really does need to work on it's image. Certainly, just giving these Kateoys or freelancers a small fine and then letting them back to ply the same area is ludicrous and will never help stem a problem which unfortunately I see as only getting worse.

Anyone who goes to Pattaya deserves all the pestering they get. Most of you fly half way round the world for cheap bar girls nice to see you getting some of your own medicine. The perterees become the pestered.

ps. i don't know if pesteree is actually a word.