Transsexual Found Shot

Thaising

An American transsexual who worked as an English teacher in Bangkok was found dead in her apartment after having been shot twice in the chest, police said. The body of Lezlie Anne Field, 31, was found on Wednesday on her living room sofa with a suicide note, said Chatchai Iamhong.

''Initially we believed that she had committed suicide,'' the officer said, adding police were investigating foul play, given that the body had two gunshot wounds, and were waiting for results of an autopsy.

Field, whose name was Brian Anthony prior to a sex change operation, taught English at the AUA Language Centre in Bangkok. She had lived two years in her apartment, which she shared with a Thai friend, Pol Lt-Col Chatchai said.

An official at the US embassy confirmed the name and nationality of Field, but declined to discuss other details of the death.A

Bangkok Post

''Initially we believed that she had committed suicide,'' the officer said, adding police were investigating foul play, given that the body had two gunshot wounds, and were waiting for results of an autopsy.

Bangkok's finest minds on the case as per usual. :o

Two gunshot wounds could still be suicide depending on where they were. If the victim flinched, or the gun kicked as it was fired, it is possible that the bullet went through the jaw, without killing them.

Two gunshot wounds could still be suicide depending on where they were. If the victim flinched, or the gun kicked as it was fired, it is possible that the bullet went through the jaw, without killing them.

Better re-read the opener:

after having been shot twice in the chest

StateSix...cool avatar you have there; a classic scene from "Full Metal Jacket". The first half of the film was great.

About the shooting of that transsexual, I heard that the handgun was found on a table near the body. I don't think it would have ended up there easily; sounds like foul play to me. I always wonder about these "suicides" where some poor guy manages to shoot himself in the head, slit both wrists, put a bag over his head and hang himself in the middle of the living room.

Perhaps watching a few episodes of CSI every week should be made mandatory for Police Officers in Thailand? It would certainly be a good start!

I suppose it would be feasible to shoot yourself in the chest twice if the first round missed all the vital bits, or if you were using an automatic weapon. But to then place the gun on the table is stretching it. What next, put the kettle on?

Better re-read the opener:

after having been shot twice in the chest

Doh!!! :o

Still feasible for someone to have shot themselves twice though. I would be a little bit sceptical if the gun was on a table on the other side of the room though.

StateSix...cool avatar you have there; a classic scene from "Full Metal Jacket". The first half of the film was great.

Sorry about that Thaiboxer, as you were writing your reply, I was changing my avatar.

I promise I didn't do it to make you look foolish :o

I've know Col. Chatchai for several years. He is one of the best police officers I've met. They ( reports) may have played with his words and or they ( police) don't won't to derail the investigation.

:D

yeppers ... i knew a (at that time) guy back in Arlington Texas that was in the sex-change process ... and only attracted to women. A pretty amazing story!

my thoughts are with Lez's families and her gf!

from google , i found Lezlie Anne Field 's Homepage and some profiles.. She was a Lesbian , not a Trans-girl.

Probably the usual incompetance of the MIB.....mistaken identity seems to be a speciality of theres in recent cases'!

from google , i found Lezlie Anne Field 's Homepage and some profiles.. She was a Lesbian , not a Trans-girl.

Probably the usual incompetance of the MIB.....mistaken identity seems to be a speciality of theres in recent cases'!

ummm she was both a lesbian AND a tranny

really? now that is interesting! is that even possible?

If she was a lesbian why did she bother changing from a man to a woman? Wouldn't it have been easier just to be heterosexual? Or was she a tom who liked a tomdee? But most men who make the change seem to effeminate, not tomboyish.

It doesn't seem right talking like this of the dead but it does look unusual.

If she was a lesbian why did she bother changing from a man to a woman? Wouldn't it have been easier just to be heterosexual? Or was she a tom who liked a tomdee? But most men who make the change seem to effeminate, not tomboyish.

don't make the mistake of thinking sex when you think 'gender' ... gender dysforia - feeling like you are in the wrong body is totally different than who you want to boink

The dedicated Yahoo Group for male -> to -> female transsexual lesbians and

female -> to -> male transsexual gays is at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/glb_ts/

Admittedly, this is sometimes a confusing world in which we all live.

Thanks to BambinA for the links. It's no wonder I was unable to find them and I appreciate your assistance.

You mean If he

i used to work with a guy who started to go through the whole sex change process. but he loved women!

he wanted to change from man to woman, yet he said that when he finally did become a woman, that he would be lesbian because he was not interested in men.

makes sense to me. i dont really have a problem with it.

whatever happened to her, may she rest in peace.

aw that is really sad. i happened to come across this lady's website long ago when i was searching for info on transsexuals in thailand. i was shocked to see it is the same person who was shot. my sympathies to her family and girlfrend. so sad... and very suspicious circumstances too.