Don Mueang to Royal Thai AirForce museum?

malamala

We will have approx 3 hours of free time ( 5 hours from landing to the next flight) and after reading some suggestions on what to do, w thought that a visit to the Royal Thai Air force museum may be an interesting way to spend some time.

The question is, how can we get there from Don Mueang Airport?
Taxi? If so, how do we try to tell the driver where we wish to go?

and once finished with the museum, how difficult would it be to get back to the airport?

thank you

I went there last year and it was OK though 3 hours is not a lot of time to get there and back.

Getting a taxi is easy from the airport though it might pay you to get him to wait for you.

I Googled it here with a map which may help.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=royal+thai+air+force+museum+bangkok&oq=royal+thai+air+force+museum&gs_l=serp.1.1.0l2j0i22i30l2.5849.11768.0.16977.13.13.0.0.0.0.204.1460.1j9j1.11.0....0...1c.1.58.serp..2.11.1455.fc8t0US3NYQ

There are quite a few hits hwen you Google Thai Air Force Museum.

There is a small souvenir shop but it is a bit expensive and not a lot of choice.

I went on a Tuesday and there was hardly any visitors at all. There are signs saying no photography but nobody said a word to me.

If you were to move at a reasonable pace through the museum then you'd be good in 1.5 hours. We went with our 3 year old so had to move at a reasonable pace so she could see it all. We were in and out in under 90 minutes. Without traffic it would be 15 minutes at most each way.

there IS even a direct bus, run by the Royal Thai Airforce, recently changed to AC, but its all in Thai-also the numbers and not that frequent. But contrary to what it appears anyone can use it. In fact it circles DMK all around, starting from Sapan Mai makret, both ways, ends around 18.00

Its nonsense to have taxi waiting for you. The usual overcautious fear any possible fear farang thinking-but then TripAdvisor is likely the very worst in that, and that cassnu the very of all. Tn have at least name in Thai to show, boleslav. WHY do you ask this at any forum on TH?

• 4 months later...

Just to clear up any possible confusion there is no skytrain to the museum. You could always get the information desk in the terminal to write out the museums name in thai before you head out to catch a taxi. I doubt you will wait more than 2 minutes for a taxi to bring you back either.

Just to clear up any possible confusion there is no skytrain to the museum. You could always get the information desk in the terminal to write out the museums name in thai before you head out to catch a taxi. I doubt you will wait more than 2 minutes for a taxi to bring you back either.

I did not mention the Museum, I said if it was me i would take a taxi to a sky train station and go into Bangkok, for some thing to do, the sky train is quicker and you can get around and see more in a short time.