Drunk farang assaults flight attendant on Bangkok Airways, staff claims

webfact

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another reason alcohol on planes should be stopped. The airline I work for refuses you entry to the flight if even slightly intoxicated.

Before the I love a grog police start up, you can go a flight without having to have 10 ti 12 beers and numerous spirits.

Thing is, this was a BKK Airways flight and therefore either a short haul or domestic flight. He was probably drunk when he got on. I would be surprised if alcohol was even served on he flight.

Check in staff? Immigration at departure? Boarding staff? He should've been picked up before, unless he hid it well. The other option is that he wasn't drunk but had a psychotic episode or is just mentally ill.

And I love a beer on long haul flights. Sad as this is, don't ban alcohol on long haul flights. Do you ban cars because of drink drivers? Gloves because of burglars? etc...

• Like 1

Nobody knows any of the details... I really don't understand why people post.

As for all the silly replies to Bluespunk's initial error, it just goes to show how few people actually follow the threads and responses posted here.

Better buy a double box for extra protection BlueS... ;)

• Like 1

Just bumped into this one:

The National Legislative Assembly today unanimously passed a bill which will make certain undesirable behaviours committed on board a commercial airplane an offence punishable by imprisonment from one to five years.

The bill will amend the existing law governing offences committed on commercial airplanes which does not cover certain undesirable or improper behaviours such as smoking in toilet, assaulting others, using electronic devices when their usage is prohibited or sexually approaching women verbally.

Penalties range from fine of 40,000 baht to 100,000 baht and imprisonment from one to five years.

The existing law only covers hijacking, sabotaging an airplane or other facilities on the plane.

Thai PBS / http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/law-passed-making-improper-behaviours-board-plane-offence

What is a rape fugue ?

2 Psychiatry a loss of awareness of one's identity, often coupled with flight from one's usual environment, associated with certain forms of hysteria and epilepsy.

A flight of fancy!

A flight with Nancy!

Dreamed that the airline promo was for the new buffet of stewed ess with oyster sauce

Sort of reminds me of the concluding moments after really rough trip. The Captain was saying the usual "Thanks for flying Thai" as we hit a mammoth airpocket. The microphone must have flown straight out of his hands whilst he grabbed for the joystick. It was still in PA mode. Once back under control, the co-Pilot asked "what will you do when we land?" Cap'n replied "First, I am going to have an enormous sh*t, then I am going to grab that blonde bombshell of a Qantas hostess in Business Class.."

The Aussie Hostie in Business was highly embarrassed as all her fellow crew and all the passengers were soaking it all up... Scarlet faced, she rushed forward towards the cockpit to tell the Captain his mike was still open, but 3 metres short of the cockpit door the airplane suffered a significant skew from crosswind, and the blonde hostess with the mostess went sprawling down the aisle.

Big Texan in row 3 leaned out of his seat and said to her "Didn't you hear the Captain? He wants to have a big sh*t first!"

And foreigners wonder why some Thai dont like em... Seen this happen all to often..

In the noble art of getting drunk and assaulting women, Thai "men" are miles ahead of their farang counterparts!!

Does it ever get lonely there in your bubble? Must be hard to see clearly ... domestic violence, rape and drunken lunacy are a major problem in the "west" ( however you want to define it ) as well as other parts of the world such as Russia.

tevo4.png

clap2.gif Suradit69 I appreciate 100% of your answers, being a non native speaker you'r better than I would be for anwering the Thaibashing maniacs thumbsup.gif many ''operating'' daily year round facepalm.gif

Not a question about Thaibashing, but merely an attempt to educate my fellow posters!!

Like it or not the Thai numbers are higher.

Source:http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Divorce-domestic-abuse-on-the-rise-in-Thailand-30208767.html

So next time before you call me a Thaibashing maniac, do your homework!!coffee1.gif

It certainly does NOT sound like only alcohol was involved.

This is far from the actions of the typical drunk. Attempted rape on a crowded airplane with other attendants trying to stop it is a truly deranged act and simple drunkenness doesn't really account for it. Maybe some prescription meds or over the counter something and alcohol, or a version of yabaa etc, but drink alone, sounds implausible.

• Like 1

It certainly does NOT sound like only alcohol was involved.

This is far from the actions of the typical drunk. Attempted rape on a crowded airplane with other attendants trying to stop it is a truly deranged act and simple drunkenness doesn't really account for it. Maybe some prescription meds or over the counter something and alcohol, or a version of yabaa etc, but drink alone, sounds implausible.

It does seem more like a case of mental illness than anything else. Rapists are usually 'sly' and attack lone victims when they are alone with the victim in a secluded place or at their home etc. I'm no Sherlock, but I can't recall many episodes of rape in packed places during daylight hours in the press, for example.

If true, this guy sexually assaulted a woman on a packed airplane. In full view of countlesss witnesses. The act of a madman, temporary or permanent. Drugs and alcohol may have played a part, but this is just so strange it defies logic and have you ever seen a drunk walk up to woman in a bar, rip her top off and start to undo his trousers in an attempt to rape her? In full view of everyone? Not trying to give the guy an excuse, what he (perhaps) did was dreadful. Mental illness is what it is, I'm afraid.

• Like 1

This guy knew what he was doing. He deserves a long spell inside.

Clearly.

The guy tried to maul a flight attendant in front of the passengers and cabin crew. I don't think he had a clue what planet he was on. That's a psychotic episode, but it's alarming that you believe his conduct was rational.

Its not necessarily a psychotic episode, and his conduct can still be irrational without being psychotic. And I speak as a mental health professional with 35+years of experience. Some people are just consumed with lust that they often claim psychosis, but often that is not the case.

'... other cabin crew ... could not overcome his rape fugue ...' Rape fugue? Fugue is a musical term. That it's from the Latin for flight might explain the writer's misuse of it; but better, perhaps, that he or she concentrate on correct English rather than inventing new phrases for the language.

What a shock another drunk (alcoholic) foreigner in Thailand. Common as fleas on a soi dog. Enjoy your long stay in the monkey house.

Note use of the word 'purported' in regard to the witness. It means what he saw was so-say but not proven. And one could ask why he posted it on what I presume was a social site, as opposed to leaving it to run its legal course.

Edited by Jonmarleesco

Nobody knows any of the details... I really don't understand why people post.

As for all the silly replies to Bluespunk's initial error, it just goes to show how few people actually follow the threads and responses posted here.

Better buy a double box for extra protection BlueS... wink.png

Quite.

From my observation of the seated picture, I'd say the subject is left-handed, has had recent and lengthy experience with heavy weapons, and is probably undergoing some mental trauma. His left thumb is unusually straight and left fist somewhat clenched, whilst the right hand seems to be calming it. People with unusually straight fingers may have been carrying small arms for a while. Those with oddly straight thumbs may have become accustomed to carrying heavier weapons, like RPGs. The haircut, if military, suggests a junior rank.

• Like 1