Why Does A Successful Intelligent Farang Marry A Bar Girl

terry57

considering all the horror stories we have heard and the many books penned about this very subject some farang still travel down this dangerous path.

now im only concerned with the intelligent, educated, financially independent and successful fellow that decides to actually marry a bar girl.

some men would marry any female that has a pulse.

what has lead me to ask this question is the case in HH where the fellow was murdered and burnt by his wife and her relatives.

by all accounts he was a very decent , educated and financially wealthy man.

my conun'drum being : why did he not take his time to possibly find a wife away from the bar girl scene ?

one would think that the chances for a successful relationship would be compounded if one would consider this path firstly before looking to the bar scene.

i am gob smacked to why he would enter into this game considering all the information that was available to him.

i welcome all reply's humourous or not that could possibly sooth my troubled mind.

thank you all.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the trouble is that very few people will bother to post how happy they are and how successful the relationship is, after all its boring reading whereas the total holocaust and the seedy side etc make compelling reading for the majority of people.

the trouble is that very few people will bother to post how happy they are and how successful the relationship is, after all its boring reading whereas the total holocaust and the seedy side etc make compelling reading for the majority of people.

Here's some boring reading! ....I'm happy and have a successful relationship :o

The answer is "Lust"

The human mind adds information about people it does not have access to. For example, you dont know everything about the girl so your brain adds in the missing parts as positive attributes. This applies to internet chat rooms also.

In this way you make up the perfect girl in your mind simply becasue you dont understand her, and god doesn't she look so cute in that cowboy stripper outfit...

If she wasn't a bar girl then I suppose you could have started a topic:

"Why does a sucessful farang marry a Thai girl"

:o

I agree...and to take this one step further...if she was of legal age then you could ask:

"Why does a successful farang marry a Thai woman?"

Well dude, if your happy marryin a girl who has probably slept with hundreds of guys, that's your business, but you can't honestly tell me there are no pitfalls with that.

But even if you marry a non bg from any country, how do you know she isnt a slapper that has slept with hundreds of blokes, and probably without protection as well :o

Well i married a bar girl and i did so because i'm obviously sad and desperate. :D

What is this bullshit stigma attached to :D "bargirls"?

Its the same bullshit stigma that is attached to Thai girls that you can get from people in the west. Just here because we are so open minded, we've taken that generalisation that one step further and narrowed it down to just bargirls. Give it some time, and we'll narrow it down further to Sukhumvit bargirls.

Lo and behold one day we might reach a point where we start judging people by as individuals. Now wouldn't that be enlightment for some on this board. :o

Guess the OP is quietly asking in a way to sort his own mind out, woke up one day with a ring on his finger and an ugly bg next to him.

So in fact his question should be, why did I marry an ugly bg.

Well, I would ask the same thing if I married an ugly one, cos why would you ever choose an ugly one when there are so many cute ones.

Well i married a bar girl and i did so because i'm obviously sad and desperate. :D

What is this bullshit stigma attached to :D "bargirls"?

Its the same bullshit stigma that is attached to Thai girls that you can get from people in the west. Just here because we are so open minded, we've taken that generalisation that one step further and narrowed it down to just bargirls. Give it some time, and we'll narrow it down further to Sukhumvit bargirls.

Lo and behold one day we might reach a point where we start judging people by as individuals. Now wouldn't that be enlightment for some on this board. :o

Firstly may I take the opportunity to congratulate davethailand, its a shame you other bozos cant be like him !

I think its great reading through the thread and seeing hwo easy to spot which ones are involved with hookers or previously been involved with hookers, just too embarrassed to admit it !

Well done terry for a cracking thread ! No doubt you will be accused of flame, troll or whatever these internet savvy lot call it nowadays, BIG thumbs up from me on a fair dincum question !

Anyway back to the question, my answer, probably because half of these so called "successful" guys were not successful anyway and just say they are, as farangs always say when they come to Thailand ! :D

Most are looking for love and marriage, a means to an ends. Sadly I think most lads jump into a relationship without truely knowing the person and the family. This is why relationships go bad, and its naught to do with what former profession the lady was in.

Well dude, if your happy marryin a girl who has probably slept with hundreds of guys, that's your business, but you can't honestly tell me there are no pitfalls with that.

But even if you marry a non bg from any country, how do you know she isnt a slapper that has slept with hundreds of blokes, and probably without protection as well :o

Dude-your avatar reminds me of my ex-wife (on a good day)

Whats wrong with Bar girls? they have to make a living too.

Would you also be asking the same question back in the old home land? what I mean by that is, If your frineds were to date or married a waitress or bartender back home would it be an issue with you? The answer is probably "NO", unless ofcourse, you're a stick-in-the-butt, and thats mighty shitty of you.

Well I say marrying a bar girl is a big risk as they take money off guys for sex as a living, they are used to loving a guy for a week and then leaving them for the next customer, I think the majority of them will only be in the relationship for the money and if you go broke there off to find a new one.

Ofcourse not all of them are like that but I bet you that there is alot of a bigger risk marrying a bar girl then a non bar girl.

The denial on this thread and frankly in many other places on this forum is startling.Why can't it be accepted that there are major and sometimes crippling issues to deal with when marrying a prostitute? Whether Thai or not is probably not very relevant except for the additional burden of cultural misunderstanding.I'm not condemning and in fact I understand some of the reasons very well, particularly for those coming from a sexually repressive English background.

Incidentally am I alone in thinking that posters who constantly use the word "<deleted>" rarely have anything interesting to say?

Rich, poor, whatever their occupation or 'station' in life, they are both people looking for various qualities in a companion that they each believe/hope they have found in the other.

Sometimes it works, they 'click', sometimes it does not and they do not!

It is called living life!

Well I say marrying a bar girl is a big risk as they take money off guys for sex as a living, they are used to loving a guy for a week and then leaving them for the next customer, I think the majority of them will only be in the relationship for the money and if you go broke there off to find a new one.

Ofcourse not all of them are like that but I bet you that there is alot of a bigger risk marrying a bar girl then a non bar girl.

Hmmm know plenty of non-bargirls that have taken mates to cleaners. :o There is risk in any relationship that is a fact. :D