Multi entry tourist visa (UK)

Here's the deal, I have a 60 day visa, I then plan to get a 30 day extension then when that is close to running out I exit Thailand and come back, planning for another 30 days.

Question is in order to get the 30 day visa can I leave Thailand over land to perhaps Cambodia or do I need to leave and fly back to get 30 days? A while back people were talking about 15 days I think.

As you are planning on leaving the country anyway to get your last 30 days, you might instead consider a trip to Vientiane for 2 days at the end of your 60 day tourist visa and get another 60 day tourist visa at the Thai embassy there. The only difference in cost would be the bt1800 you would pay for the extension, as opposed to bt1000 (unless the price has went up, which would mean finding a cheaper room for the night...lolol), for a new tourist visa at the Thai embassy, plus the cost of a room for the night. You should have no problem finding a room under bt800. You have already figured on spending the travel money, and visa expense going to another country for the extra 30 days. With this method, your date going out would change, but then if plans changed you'd have the ability of getting you another 30 day visa extension after the 120 days of two tourist visas run out. Just a thought.

• Like 1

As you are planning on leaving the country anyway to get your last 30 days, you might instead consider a trip to Vientiane for 2 days at the end of your 60 day tourist visa and get another 60 day tourist visa at the Thai embassy there. The only difference in cost would be the bt1800 you would pay for the extension, as opposed to bt1000 (unless the price has went up, which would mean finding a cheaper room for the night...lolol), for a new tourist visa at the Thai embassy, plus the cost of a room for the night. You should have no problem finding a room under bt800. You have already figured on spending the travel money, and visa expense going to another country for the extra 30 days. With this method, your date going out would change, but then if plans changed you'd have the ability of getting you another 30 day visa extension after the 120 days of two tourist visas run out. Just a thought.

It sounds like there wasn't a real benefit of getting a multi (2) entry visa if I go out and get another 60 anyway, a single entry tourist visa would have done the job

If you have a 2 entry visa now you can make a border run and use the 2nd entry of it getting another 60 day entry. It will not be a exempt entry.

Is it automatically another 60 days? They wouldn't just stamp 30 days? I might as well extend the initial 60 days with 30 days before I do a border run.

They will stamp you in for 60 days when they see your visa. Just be sure you put your visa number on the arrival card. Then check to be sure you are stamped in for 60 days.

You should get the 30 day extension for your current entry.