ThaiPeople and Soy Milk?

David48

If you read the content declaration on those Lactasoy packets you will be surprised how little soybean extract there actually is, I do not remember right now and do not have a box at hand to read off, but I just remember I was shocked when I read it. There is some considerable amount of sugar also I think (maybe even more than soya).

For Ice cream, I would like to inform that no milk is used in modern Ice cream manufacturing except for that homemade one what it is called in the shopping centers, they use milk actually.

On the side of my Lactasoy box (300ml@10bht from 7-11)

It says in Thai, Ingredients Soy Milk Bean Oil 89.3%, sugar 7% .........

Edited by BritManToo

Thais are crazy about ice cream . Just look at the queues in front of Dairy Queen , and all the ice cones they sell at McDonalds. So yes, Thais seem to tolerate dairy products well.

in israel there is dairy icecream and parve which has no dairy in it but as someone mentioned has vegetable emulsifiers ...btw goat milk is built different ly and some of us can eat goat cheese .but soy in the cooking and coffee. I fiont know how much dairy is in the McDonald's as here it's non dairy due to kashrut.btw dogs and cats should not be fed milk as it causes diahrea.yogurt is more well tolerated but not a necessity for them

in israel there is dairy icecream and parve which has no dairy in it but as someone mentioned has vegetable emulsifiers ...btw goat milk is built different ly and some of us can eat goat cheese .but soy in the cooking and coffee. I fiont know how much dairy is in the McDonald's as here it's non dairy due to kashrut.btw dogs and cats should not be fed milk as it causes diahrea.yogurt is more well tolerated but not a necessity for them

No dairy in any of the fast food chains worldwide, none in western ice cream either unless specified as a premium product.

Hasn't been dairy in most western ice cream for over 20 years.

No dairy in any of the fast food chains worldwide, none in western ice cream either unless specified as a premium product.

Hasn't been dairy in most western ice cream for over 20 years.

http://www.haagendazs.us/Products/Product/2473

http://haagendazs.com.my/company/qualitystory.aspx

Just look at the increased number of Thais eating ice cream and yoghurt, I think the lactose intolerant argument is full of holes. Google "soya danger" and see what I mean. The amount of processing needed to make soya tolerable is a concern, give me milk any day, humans have been eating it for a very long time.

Yes, the mode processing any foods by factories nowadays is worriesome indeed; And it won't get any better imho.

Do it yourself, if you can spend the time. In case of soy milk - it's really easy!

You don't even need to have super sophisticated equipment or be a Chef making any type of burgers and (some type) sausages at home... (thanks to the various 'search-engines' available).

I have been making my own yoghurt for years, its like bakers who keep a sourdough going for generations, my mum and dad did the same thing with ginger beer. You just put a spoonful of the yoghurt you want into your chosen base, I use uht milk because its convienient (I work in Brunei, fresh milk is dear), it takes a few hours to brew and then I put it in the fridge, Greek yoghurt is a good starter. The Indian restaurants make lassi this way.

I have been making my own yoghurt for years, its like bakers who keep a sourdough going for generations, my mum and dad did the same thing with ginger beer. You just put a spoonful of the yoghurt you want into your chosen base, I use uht milk because its convienient (I work in Brunei, fresh milk is dear), it takes a few hours to brew and then I put it in the fridge, Greek yoghurt is a good starter. The Indian restaurants make lassi this way.

+1 - yoghurt, another item to add on my bucket list.

Fortunately the world has not been totally contaminated by the marketing of dairy industry yet and not everyone has been mislead to believe that saturated fat puss is good for you .

Unfortunately most soy in Thailand is actually US imported which means GMO soy, which means adverse development and reproductive effects on the body.

Edited by Kitsune

Fortunately the world has not been totally contaminated by the marketing of dairy industry yet and not everyone has been mislead to believe that saturated fat puss is good for you .

Unfortunately most soy in Thailand is actually US imported which means GMO soy, which means adverse development and reproductive effects on the body.

What Dairy product do you consider to be 'saturated fat puss'?

BTW, I'm not a fan of any GMO product.

MILK

• Like 1

MILK

Do you consume any Dairy Products?

Do you like soy Milk?

If so, what do you buy in Thailand?

MILK

Do you consume any Dairy Products?

Do you like soy Milk?

If so, what do you buy in Thailand?

No I don't, it lowers my Immune system, raises IGF1 (tumor promoter) levels, gives me acid reflux, and ear infections.

Not really I have to keep my food intake, high in nutriments and soy milk is cooked at high temperature, also they add huge amounts of sugar (up to 20%) and the organic/non GMO ones are quite expensive (100B/liter)

I do buy fresh tofu sometimes though, there is one cheap brand in supermarkets that uses organic tofu.

• Like 1

You are in Asia.

They do not have a big history of consuming dairy products.....

Just a cultural thing. They laugh at us for smelling like dairy products...

Cheese, butter, milk, ice cream, whipped cream.......I think we have been brainwashed into believing all this crap is actually good for us.

• Like 1

You are in Asia.

Cheese, butter, milk, ice cream, whipped cream.......I think we have been brainwashed into believing all this crap is actually good for us.

I LOVE my cheese ... licklips.gif

Sadly so expensive in Thailand.

I do try and bring a block over from the West when I'm returning.

Please don't tell me that make Cheese from Soy Milk ... facepalm.gif

You are in Asia.

I am from France the country of 500 cheeses and used to be a Brillat Savarin addict.

Then you realize what it does to your body (breast cancer/prostate cancer/coloncancer/etc)

My grand ma died from breast cancer.

My aunt died from colon cancer

My cousin had breast cancer and had to remove one of her tit

My other aunt battled against cancer for years .

No cheese is worth that

You can do nut cheese

• Like 1

David,

You have a farm, buy a cow or goat, make your own milk, butter, cheese, yoghurt.

It's really easy to do.

Good idea, but it's not my Farm.

GF's Parents.

Plus it's a Fish Farm ... essentially ponds and dirt service roads ... no grazing grass.

They don't even have a vege patch. Chillies, Lemongrass, Jackfruit, Banana and a Mango Tree ... that's about it

David,

You have a farm, buy a cow or goat, make your own milk, butter, cheese, yoghurt.

It's really easy to do.

Good idea, but it's not my Farm.

GF's Parents.

Plus it's a Fish Farm ... essentially ponds and dirt service roads ... no grazing grass.

They don't even have a vege patch. Chillies, Lemongrass, Jackfruit, Banana and a Mango Tree ... that's about it

Time for you to buy her that bit of land she always wanted.

Then a herd of buffaloes cows.

• Like 1

You are in Asia.

I am from France the country of 500 cheeses and used to be a Brillat Savarin addict.

Then you realize what it does to your body (breast cancer/prostate cancer/coloncancer/etc)

No cheese is worth that

Do you really think that the cheese killed them ? Unless they were only eating cheese in big quantities all their lifes , a normal cheese will not kill you.

We have a lot of scientific research showing that coffee can be bad for you but it can also be good for your immune system . Natural cheese in small quantities is not unhealthy . You dont get cancer by eating a few slices of cheese every week .

If you look after your body and eat a varied, balanced proteinrich diet, the food will not kill you . Its your lifestyle that will kill you in the end.

• Like 1

You are in Asia.

No cheese is worth that

Do you really think that the cheese killed them ? Unless they were only eating cheese in big quantities all their lifes , a normal cheese will not kill you.

We have a lot of scientific research showing that coffee can be bad for you but it can also be good for your immune system . Natural cheese in small quantities is not unhealthy . You dont get cancer by eating a few slices of cheese every week .

If you look after your body and eat a varied, balanced proteinrich diet, the food will not kill you . Its your lifestyle that will kill you in the end.

Only my grand ma and my aunt died because of dairies

My grand grand ma had gout because of animal products.

My other grand ma had diabetic all her life because of meat and dairy but died of heart failure because of meat.

My dad is developing diabetes because of animal products

My mum has heart condition because of meat.

My grand dad had a stroke because of animal products.

As I said my cousin gave up one of her breast at the age of 30.

Only my other grand dad died of cirrhosis because he was an alcoholic.

everyone now agrees that heart diseases, diabetes and cancers are environmental diseases and the closest contact with environment is food.

I think I gave up enough of my family tree to the meat and dairy industry.

I am a vegan

• Like 1