buying a dog in chiang mai

dror

hi guys,

so i live here and i would really love to buy a dog.

i am looking for the pug dog or maybe you know it by the name of chinese pug (the talking dog from the movie men in black)

i wanted to know if someone knows about a shop that sales these dogd or a breeder that sales them privately.

thanks in advance.

You would be better off with a dog from CareforDogs or one of the other shelters. That way you are guaranteed a dog which is healthy, and also one which is suited to its environment.

I would suggest you forget about purebred dogs (except very popular species like Labradors and Alsatians). The local gene pool will be small, and your dog will be susceptible to all sorts of ills.

• Like 2

i understand that isanbirder but i insist on a pug dog as it is the dog that i have always wanted since ive been 10 ( i am now 25 years old)

back in the days my mom and dad wouldnt allow pets into the house and the most i could get were some fish and maybe parrots.

so it is a dream of mine of course that a dog isnt a toy you have to take care of him feed him make sure he is healthy make sure that he isnt bored take him out to walks etc. but i still insist on a pug

Start and have a look at your local markets to ge an idea of what's around. Ours has many pug puppies for sale, not sure of prices. Then you can ask a few questions about vaccinations etc. If you get one get it microchipped for ID and spayed unless you want to breed them. They can have breathing problems so look carefully.

hi tim,

there is a street of alot of dog shops though i didnt see any pugs but i also didnt look too much honestly.

i know this race they have breathing problems as well as the need to clean their wrinkels 3-4 times a week and also have problem for self cooling themselves but i can get over all these problems.

when you say "ours" where do you mean in thailand? and if so where? do you know any pet shops that does a delivery and you can order it from the internet? although i dont think there is a delivery for dogs hehe

i understand that isanbirder but i insist on a pug dog as it is the dog that i have always wanted since ive been 10 ( i am now 25 years old)

back in the days my mom and dad wouldnt allow pets into the house and the most i could get were some fish and maybe parrots.

so it is a dream of mine of course that a dog isnt a toy you have to take care of him feed him make sure he is healthy make sure that he isnt bored take him out to walks etc. but i still insist on a pug

A dog can live up to 15 plus years and I would like to ask you; considering you are only 25 years old, is your time in Thailand secure and will you be staying in the country for at least the next 15 years, the lifetime of the dog?

If not, would you be able to take and accommodate the dog if you move abroad?

Many farangs in the past have had to move on and their dogs literally left destitute to suffer terrible consequences, so your length of stay in Thailand must be the number one priority if considering taking on a dog, whatever the breed.

Edited by Beetlejuice
  • Like 2

hi razz

i am not the guy that doesnt think ahead ok i am fully aware and take responsibility of what i do.

i have no plans on coming back to my country and if i would believe me i would not give up on my dog ever.

you guys got off topic instead of answering my question and thats a shame.

dror, try and check out the dog rescue places anyhow as often there are pure bred dogs that were dumped there by foreing owners that couldnt take them back or didnt want to take care of their medical problems... pugs really do have lots of problems in thailand due to the humidity and heat combined unlike your prior country which is probably a bit drier...

they are also the 'choice of the month' dog meaning super popular therefore lots of backyard breeders. do not buy from the markets... talk to nienke in outside of chiang mai as she has pugs (she is a boarding and training and rescue kennel) so she might know of people that have decent litters or even an adult that wants a good home.

at the moment i saw carefordogs chiangmai re homing the sweetest shitzu, on my facebook... if u still want to reconsider,

here is the address:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hand-to-Paw/282948003501

maybe they have a pug or something similar?

bina

hi razz

i am not the guy that doesnt think ahead ok i am fully aware and take responsibility of what i do.

i have no plans on coming back to my country and if i would believe me i would not give up on my dog ever.

you guys got off topic instead of answering my question and thats a shame.

Sorry but these questions need to be asked, being a dog lover myself and having seen too many lovely dogs abandoned in the past, this is nothing personal.

Pugs for adoption, pugs for sale and pugs being given away:

http://www.expatads.com/114238-Chiang-Mai/posts/14-Pets-Animals/438-Pugs-for-Sale

Pug community of Chiang Mai. It is in Thai but with English translations possible:

https://www.facebook.com/Pugchiangmaiclub

Try the lady with the big jugs and the two pugs:

post-110219-0-22502700-1416860785_thumb.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Pug is a very popular dog in Thailand. Very well suited for the climate. Very smart, loyal, and affectionate dog too. Good choice.