'Billions' of Baht worth of assets found at Thai CIB chief's home

webfact

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's hope the "billions of baht" and assets are used to kick-start the welfare state Abhisit promised but "never got around to" doing anything about.

Why not start by building free housing for poor families and funding education initiatives for orphaned children.

How about vocational courses for single mothers to gain skills that will earn them more than 8k a month - Oh no, perhaps most TV members wouldn't want that because then women might start weighing up opportunities other than prostitution.

Time to start using this dirty money for those who need it most.

So the Koh Tao case has convinced virtually the entire TV community that few words coming from the top of the RTP pyramid can be taken as truth, but here we go all out buying into whatever the same people feed us in what is most likely a political and certainly a highly suspicious case.

And then it is the Thai that get accused of lacking critical thinking abilities.

So then using your highly critical thinking abilities, can you share with us your hunches and intuitive insightful thoughts? Could make a great 8th post.

I think if you apply a little critical thinking off your own to this thread you should be able not only to come up with some "hunches" of your own but also realise why they can't be discussed openly on this thread.

Stem to stern, cradle to grave, kow tow driven corruption.

Is it really corruption when it is endemic to the entire culture?

Or is it corruption because important nations they do business with are aghast at it?

Backing off from corruption because of greater profit potential or reducing lose of greater profit?

Or trying to make a less than properly elected government show a form of functional legitimacy via action?

This is the new broom sweeping clean. That much is clear how deeply is a question.

Sure there are political repercussions and elements of revenge, or simply backatcha-ism.

But this IS something that needs to be cleaned up from the horrendous levels it is in now.

And ANY amount cleaning from ANY SOURCE,

whether tainted in other of the cleaners parts by it's own corruption,

is STILL progress, and a shot across the bows of the cultural exception that says;

Getting ahead and making face by ANY MEANS, is no longer tolerated.

Sure the army has it's own problems, but this also sends a message to those

below in the army to keep a cleaner profile. which in itself is progress.

Things are changing, one more baby step towards the light.

Someone said it is in the Police General's DNA to steal.

Not likely so, though someone can be genetically predisposed to immorality.

This endemic problem is really in the cultural DNA, the fundamental Kow Tow derived,

building blocks of the basis foundation of the entire culture.

So we see the new broom sweep clean, digging in crevices for reasons to nail

Police Corruption from the top down. And really with feudal suzerainty, it DOES

start at the top. A cut of every-bodies work below, filters to the top.

That is how the whole underpaid police regime functions. The public has never paid

the BiB enough to survive and have transport, uniforms, and basic tools of the trade,

without the top to bottom leveraging of the smallest rookie officers motivations to

earn using the job, and pay a cut to his immediate superior.

So feeding the cynical pervasions and perversions

of those who intone; 'This is NEVER stopping',

not withstanding their cynicism, this was not a small hit on

the Status Quo of Kow Tow within the Police Hierarchy.

This is a pretty big change.

Edited by animatic
  • Like 2

I'm going to predict that this is drugs related - have the police/army followed the money right to the top

The big haul last week might be a clue

It's oil related....smugglers bring in vast quantities of oil and gasoline and pay off the police, marine police and customs to avoid paying the duties.

Stem to stern, cradle to grave, kow tow driven corruption.

Is it really corruption when it is endemic to the entire culture?

Or is it corruption because important nations they do business from are aghast at it?

This is the new broom sweeping clean.

Sure there is political repercussions and elements of revenge or simply backatcha,

but this IS something that needs to be cleaned up at the horrendous levels it is in now.

And ANY amount cleaning from ANY SOURCE,

whether tainted in other parts by it's own corruption,

is STILL progress and a shot across the bows of the cultural exception that says,

getting ahead and making face by ANY MEANS, is no longer tolerated.

Sure the army has it's own problems, but this also sends a message to those

below in the army to keep a cleaner profile. Things are changing,

one more baby step towards the light.

Someone said it is in the Police General's DNA to steal.

Not likely so, though someone can be genetically predisposed to immorality.

Yet, this endemic problem is in the cultural DNA, the basic Kow Tow derived,

building blocks of the basic foundation of the entire culture.

So we see the new broom sweep clean, digging in creavisies for reasons to nail

Police corruption from the top down. And really with feudal suzerainty, it DOES

start at the top, and a cut of every bodies work below, filters to the top.

That is how the whole underpaid police regime functions. The public has never paid

the BiB enough to survive and have transport, uniforms, and basic tools of the trade,

without the top to bottom leveraging of the smallest rookie officers motivations to

earn using the job, and pay a cut to his immediate superior.

So feeding the cynical pervasions and perversions of this NEVER stopping not withstanding,

this was not a small hit on the Status Quo of Kow Tow within the Police Hierarchy.

This is a pretty big change.

Don;t be daft....I'll believe a new broom if this guy is convicted and actually spends a few nights in the slammer. It is inconceivable that a wealthy powerful man like this will spend time behind bars....I do hope I'm wrong, but at the moment, like the rest of the dear general's promises, I doubt it will amount to much.

The only thing that is different here is that this is a Chinese Communist Party-style purge as opposed to the normal Thai high level power shift where snouts are just pushed out of the trough for a few years.

The army has to ensure that it retains its access to power and its access to national revenues before both stepping aside (election - coup - election - coup cycle) and before any event which involves a power shift.

One of the good things about the Chinese Communist Party is that they execute people involved in economic crimes. Robbing the people is akin to murdering them.

If only the US govt had the balls to execute some of the top pigs in the Wall Street troughs.

That would set a good example to the rest of the world as to how a clean democracy works.

Dream on....

• Like 2

Is it too much too hope for that Mr.Yoobamrung will be caught in this net also? Quite how he is still a free man is mind-boggling.

Like his mentor, he knows or is told where many secerts are buried, he has access to cash (ill gotten) to pay out as required, to stay under the radar. He has run before from the Thai authorities and took advantage of statue of limitation law, but the net seems to be closing on the likes of him and his associates. If this government would hit the various cabinets and its members of the last government, their approval rating may approach 99% of the good/honest people of Thailand.This man and the ex science minister would be the first to start with, just due to their self importance attitude. They both have mooned, given the finger of defience to Thailand and her people so many times that " no quarter' should be considered/given.

So you would only consider enforcing corruption measures against one political party? You should run for office. You'd fit in perfectly with the it ain't corruption if we do it mindset..

You certainly take liberty with answering a question, you directed at my post/me, before I had a chance to answer. This is the same attitude I attributed to the individuals to which I suggested no quarter be given.

The REAL hit is not the jail time, but the loss of decades of profit taking

and more so the Kow Tow shame of total loss of face on the national stage.

The same loss and shame that has driven Thaksin to such absurd lengths at revenge.

Daft?

Only if you think that jail is the true punishment in this culture.

They don't go one happily after this type comeuppance, blithely saying

'I coulda been a contender.'

Edited by animatic
  • Like 1

1 billion baht in cash

It did not say "1 billion baht in cash"...it said BILLIONS....in baht and US notes,...plus gold, rare artifacts, and land titles.

This should get police and military from around the Country to move their gains to safer locations.

1 billion cash. Jesus... how they counted that many just in a few hours? I mean this is like a 10 squar emeter room full with bank notes. And how can someone who is smart enoguh to get 1 billion baht stupid enough to simply store it in his house..

Of course you can't count every single note in a few hours but you can easily estimate with simiple basic multiplication. Where else you are going to store 1 billion dirty cash. There are plenty of reasons why criminals don't use banks.

"I was just keeping them safe",honest gov.

just goes to show how corrupt the police

are and up to now,how they think they can

get away with it,"the times they are a changing"

P

Regards Worgeordie

No, no it's my retirement pension, I've been saving all my spare change since I was a small boy.

He has a pineapple face just like Noriega I'll bet dollars to donuts his crimes are similar

Noriega was a good friend of the USA for many years.

Yes, it's true: he may have been a sonofabitch, but he was OUR sonofabitch.....

• Like 1

I'm not a thief or politician or business man who skims from the top so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about but it amazes me that these Thai politicians and now police officers are found in homes which are stuffed to the gills with cash, gold etc. Haven't hey ever heard of an overseas bank account? Do they all think that they will never be searched? They don't even bother to get an safety deposit box or secret hideaway. They leave it all laying around their primary residence(s).

If only the US govt had the balls to execute some of the top pigs in the Wall Street troughs.

That would set a good example to the rest of the world as to how a clean democracy works.

Dream on....

How the US would benefit, is removing the citizenship (under the 14th Amendment, sec 3) of all politicians who their faith-based agendas before their Oath to the Constitution.

If Thailand had a 14th Amendment, Sec 3,...Mr Suthep could have been stripped of his citizenship years ago.

• Like 1

Well well well - i guess most of us was wrong, looks like there are going to be some cleanup after all, good!

It will set a good example down the ranks. About time some of the big boys got named....

Let's hope the boys in green have the courage to clean up a bit in their own camp, as well rolleyes.gif

Yes... But this is probably an operation to relieve these cops of all their amassed fortunes to be distributed between the new boys on the block.

That is where all these assets will end up.

Same turd, different name.

• Like 2

1 billion baht in cash

What a disgusting piece of sh*t

When are Thais going to take to the streets and demand the police force is ripped up from the roots and reformed

Part of the old Taxin regime?

good riddance to him!, I hope that the Military gov can catch the other 50 down the chain and get rid of them too,

1m baht, thats just greedy!!!

Well well well - i guess most of us was wrong, looks like there are going to be some cleanup after all, good!

It will set a good example down the ranks. About time some of the big boys got named....

Let's hope the boys in green have the courage to clean up a bit in their own camp, as well rolleyes.gif

Yes, but is it a coincidence that (unless I'm mistaken) so far ALL of these transfers arrests etc are for pro-Thaksin/PTP supporters/lackeys?

Even if you are right, do you think that the colour of their shirt, should allow them to steal billions??

The masterchief in Dubai and his small gangsters doing their best to rob the Thai population!!

you are soooooooo right!!!!. see below, business as usual!

นายกรัฐมนตรี ยิ่งลักษณ์ ชินวัตร will soon launch Centric Sea Pattaya valued at 2.5 Billion Baht. The 44-storey high-rise on Second Road is situated right next to Grand Sole hotel. The company behind this high-rise condominium is Thaksin Shinawatra’s property firm SC Asset Corp. SC Asset is listed on the Stock Exchange of Thailand and it is one of the bigger Bangkok players in the property market in Bangkok. It is no secret that SC Asset is a giant company with a huge portfolio of property projects, but when you choose to launch a project like The Crest Sukhumvit 34 in a foreign country like Singapore and during that launch sell 52 units, then you are one of the really big players. The Crest Sukhumvit 34 was launched june 2012 and it is a 28-storey high-rise comprising 265 units.

SC Asset will have many friends in Pattaya. The owner of Sophon Cable TV, ชาญยุทธ เฮงตระกูล, or for those that can’t read thai, Chanyut Hengtrakul, is a very powerful figure in Pattaya. He is a former minister and member of parliament and good friends with Pattaya’s Mayor Itthipol Kunplome. He has some Red Shirt connections and close ties to Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra. Like it or not, SC Asset is part of Pattaya’s future.Centric-Sea-Pattaya12.jpg