Who didn't come here for the women?

SoiBiker

A little bit of fun and humor Ion the morning. Its good. I always have loved the cynicism in these forums. Most of those who profess having come here for things other than the women are probably the ones sitting at the bars in NAna from 8 am. What else is there? If you wanted hot and humid weather you'd be by the beach. And there are hundreds of beaches cheaper and more beautiful than in Thailsnd in other countries. If you wanted good food you'd be in Southern Europe. If you wanted engaging, smart people you'd be anywhere but in Thailand. If you wanted to see smiles, you'd be in Lopburi. If you wanted to love cheap and eat the rest of your life at road stalls you'd be in Central America. Granted that probably less that 5% of farangs in Thailand can read Thai to save their lives (being generous with the 1%, benefit of the doubt stuff). What else? Ahhhh the girls.....!

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in Thailand for the last 16+ years without getting caught in the wrangles of Thai wo(man). If one is clear of himself, it is possible to live without getting involved in all the noises going around.

No offence if somebody gets involved. Over time every one will learn all the lessons what one needs to learn.

They just don't like you, face it

Some interesting responses. It's odd that some can't accept that anyone might simply not be interested in the local women.

But it's almost an obsession with you.

It's an obsession with this forum. I just stand out because I seem to be travelling against the tide.

I didn't come for the women, I came to do some contract work for a Thai manufacturer,, still here over 2 years later. Never been involved with a Thai girl either,,,

I think despite your impression there are many people whoa re not interested in the sex trade, go go bars and such.

I didn't come for the women, I came to do some contract work for a Thai manufacturer,, still here over 2 years later. Never been involved with a Thai girl either,,,

I think despite your impression there are many people whoa re not interested in the sex trade, go go bars and such.

There are plenty of them. I'm just curious why they're so under-represented here.

didn't come for the women, came because I wanted to live in Asia..

It's was Thailand or Malaysia on my budget.

Thailand won because it's got better food.

Altohught Malaysia and easy of visa for Aussie was seriously considered.

Hello Viewers!

Well i moved here a few years ago from the Canary Islands. I most certainly did NOT come here for the women! I have always been single and doing my own thing ( a free spirit ) Of course i find the Thai ladies rather attractive and enjoy a bit of " banter " ( idle chit chat ) on a daily basis but not really interested in anything more or getting involved.Also i don't really have much in common with the Thai Ladies. I enjoy being out in the sun all day,i don't watch TV, i love long walks and bike rides ( bicycle ) and travelling on the train oh and i hate shopping too! Also because i am not very materialistic and enjoy a simple life it's not always easy meeting someone who has any similar hobbies or interests as myself! ( i certainly wouldn't want to be with someone who spends there whole life " indoors " - i would be " climbing the walls " after just a few minutes!

Farang Jaidee wai2.gif

There are plenty of them. I'm just curious why they're so under-represented here.

Actually, I don't see lots of posters on here talking about the sex trade? SB does seem yo like to talk about it, must be some form of repression going on.

Yes, a lot of posters have Thai partners, which is to be expected. I know a fair few other ex pats that have partners from their own countries. Nothing unusual about it SB, despite what you may assume.

I didn't come here for the women....I came here with a Thai women I was with in the states & and came here to see T-land.....Lived in the boonies around 3 villages and noticed the smiles,gentleness,happiness, friendiness of the people and beauty in the people and country.....Ended that relationship when I noticed she was basically a swindler and I was next in line (she still owes me 5 figures US).....Started dating around....went back to US where dated Asian women 37-58....But wanted to see LOS through my own eyes and came back - verfied it was what I'd liked before and visited many flowers....went through the hoops to get a retirement visa......shipped some stuff and settled in.....found a great wife and it's been happy ever afters for us.....never liked the squalid cities in the states so never did the Nana Pattaya pub crawling scene here.....

Women are women everywhere in the world ... the good, the bad and the ugly. No country is unique for having predator women ... that's for sure. A good Thai woman , like in any society, is a good wife but much less self centered than a western woman.

I hear you SoiBiker. It took me 20 years to run into Mrs SiPi. The same thing could happen to you between now and 2034.

I'm not sure my wife would like that.
I put it in for a laugh.

I am also one of the slow learners.

Actually this topic has been fun to follow. Good job.

Sent from my GT-S5300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I didn't come here for the women, and I think there are plenty like you and me, SoiBiker, though probably a minority.

It isn't a question of morals or intellectual standing, I've just never bought into the image of the Asian women. I have never found them to be "more feminine" in their appearance or behavior as so many guys keeping telling me. I prefer western women. Not necessarily white, just women who were raised in the west.

It doesn't turn me on to be someone's fetish, for women who want to catch a farang and have the man play the role she thinks a farang boyfriend should for her.

I honestly wish I could get on the same wavelength as some of the men here, cuz it seems like I might enjoy life a little more. For better or for worse, I think I just may be hardwired this way.

I certainly wouldn't go and live for long time in any place of this world just for women (though Afghanistan might be tempting....555555...). No seriously, if you do this you will not be happy because you need to like the place. And you would have difficulties finding a woman (unless of course a prostitute as most farang take in) because the woman wants somebody who likes the place unless she wants to go overseas which again points to an 'economic driven marriage'.

It's a reasonable question, surely?

Most days this place seems like the farang husbands support group. I'm just curious as to whether that's really the case, or if the membership is more diverse than that.

Maybe you should have posted this in the "gay" section.

I'm fairly sure some of them didn't come here for Thai women.

<deleted>

I think you may have misread it Bubba.

Are you gay?

I'm not sure my wife would like that, either.

I get the same question/accusation all the time here. I lived in Japan for about 15 years, and western men there would make the same accusations to me because I wasn't really interested in Japanese women. If you're into the Asian thing, then go for it. But it's weird to believe that there is just something so appealing about Japanese women and Thai women that only a homosexual wouldn't be interested.

All that said, I've dated Thai women, it's not like I'm against it. But as a heterosexual guy, Thai women don't have any special appeal for me.

It's a reasonable question, surely?

Most days this place seems like the farang husbands support group. I'm just curious as to whether that's really the case, or if the membership is more diverse than that.

A reasonable question for another forum maybe, so we have established your into Thai men rather than Thai ladies

More likely blow up dolls and various sphincters in the grindhouse.

It seems to be forgotten that some of us TV members are women and we didn't come here for anything sexual. Have some respect guys when you post on here as I'm sure you wouldn't have this conversation with a woman in earshot.