Did you wear a yellow shirt today (Monday)?

simon43

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any foreigner wearing it now, is basically a Dill.

Bearing in mind the subject matter, you should be very careful with your choice of words, even if you do not agree.

Exactly! Please show some manners MrToad. The correct wording is Anethum graveolens.

no i didnt.

neither did any of my thai friends.

neither did the vast majority of thais i saw.

OP, that do you want? a medal?

Cause your a newby. Everybody wore yellow on Mndays before the airport closures 1n 2008.

"Everybody"?? I don't think so!

A euphemism ... ?

Maybe 'many' might be closer to the mark.

no i didnt.

neither did any of my thai friends.

neither did the vast majority of thais i saw.

OP, that do you want? a medal?

Cause your a newby. Everybody wore yellow on Mndays before the airport closures 1n 2008.

"Everybody"?? I don't think so!

A euphemism ... ?

Maybe 'many' might be closer to the mark.

I worked in a government office complex. Everybody including the janitor and lady who cleaned the toilets.

People stopped wearing yellow shirts when the yellow shirt nonsense started at the airport.

I agree that fewer people seem to wear yellow shirts on Monday, but I doubt if this has anything to do with the political "yellowshirts".

However, since I'm living in south Thailand, where the support is generally for the "yellow shirts", I'm not able to test out my claim. Strange that I wear this yellow shirt but am a "red shirt" supporter....

I remember several years ago everyone in the office where I worked deliberatley stopped wearing yellow and red for no other reason than the fact they did not want to be associated with the political street violence. That mostly has continued until today.

Edited by Time Traveller

People stopped wearing yellow shirts when the yellow shirt nonsense started at the airport.

I agree that fewer people seem to wear yellow shirts on Monday, but I doubt if this has anything to do with the political "yellowshirts".

However, since I'm living in south Thailand, where the support is generally for the "yellow shirts", I'm not able to test out my claim. Strange that I wear this yellow shirt but am a "red shirt" supporter....

I remember several years ago everyone in the office where I worked deliberatley stopped wearing yellow and red for no other reason than the fact they did not want to be associated with the political street violence. That mostly has continued until today.

100% accurate.

You mean these atrocious pink and yellow Lacoste imitation polo shirt?

Every time I see one I apology to the memory of Rene Lacoste ambassador of chic and cool.

No, see the shirt below.

The cut, the special knitting of the polo shirt made in these beehive pattern specifically made to collect sweat and keep the tennis player René Lacoste cool was designed by Andre Gillier

They were icons of chic, fair play, and glamor.

That's why I am so sad when I see these vomit pink and circus yellow shirts

Edited by Kitsune

Every time I see one I apology to the memory of Rene Lacoste ambassador of chic and cool.

No, see the shirt below.

The cut, the special knitting of the polo shirt made in these beehive pattern specifically made to collect sweat and keep the tennis player René Lacoste cool was designed by Andre Gillier

Your post has nothing to do with Thailand or the subject of this thread.

No, see the shirt below.

To the contrary, this post shows how good Thailand is at making all fashion classic items look horrid

This thread is about the SHIRT NOT POLITCS

If you are trying to talk politics using shirts as metaphors you are OFF TOPIC

To the contrary, this post shows how good Thailand is at making all fashion classic items look horrid

This thread is about the SHIRT NOT POLITCS

If you are trying to talk politics using shirts as metaphors you are OFF TOPIC

The OP is, "This is a topic that has been discussed on several occasions over the years. Please bear in mind the subject matter before you post.

Today (Monday), I wore a yellow shirt. I usually do on Monday. My appearance is warmly greeted by Thai people whom I meet today. It seems to me that not so many Thais wear yellow on Mondays, (compared to 10 years ago).

But what about Johnny Foreigner? Do you wear a yellow shirt on Monday?"

Why did Thais wear yellow shirts on Mondays until the airport was occupied and why did they stop wearing them after the airport was occupied. Did you also wear a yellow shirt on Mondays before the airport was occupied and stop wearing a yellow shirt on Mondays after the airport was occupied? That is the topic.

The thread is about shirt color and why politics changed Thai behavior to stop wearing yellow shirts on Mondays.

In my entire life I have never owned or worn anything yellow. A quick glance around the house and I see nothing yellow ....or lime green ...........or pink.

If people want to color code their life there is no harm in it , no virtue in it either. Just personal choice ( while we still have it )