Killing Rats With Rat Glue Traps, Glue Trays

Hey

A friend of mine had a small problem with rats and due to the fact that had dogs, didn't want to use 'rat poison' or 'snap traps'.

She bought some Glue trays/traps and within 5 days, all the rats had been caught. Very successful and even in high daytime heat and humidity, the glue never went thin/runny, much to my surprise.

Kind regards

Peter

It is horrible to see and hear, they scream and then you have to kill them yourself. We use live traps and let the dogs kill them. Much quicker and the dogs enjoy themselves quite a bit.

We use the glue all the time. You can buy a small can of it for 20 baht. you smear it onto a piece of cardboard or wood. Sometimes you get a plastic tray along with the glue and you spread the glue on it. We put a variety of small pieces of food items on it. Rats almost always travel along the edges of the floor...along the wall or furniture...the best place to put the trap is next to the wall right in their travel path....in fact if you put it there without any bait you still might catch one as they unknowingly try to cross it.....but we always add bait. I once took the bag after eating a prepackaged snack and put a thin 5 cm.diameter smear of the glue on it with a little pile of sugar in the middle to see if ants could cross the glue...I put the bag over the end of a piece of bamboo so the wind wouldn't blow it awasy....the next day I found I had caught a mouse instead.

It is horrible to see and hear, they scream and then you have to kill them yourself. We use live traps and let the dogs kill them. Much quicker and the dogs enjoy themselves quite a bit.

I'm with you on this one, even virmin should be destroyed humanely(ish)

The glue traps work great. My father-in-law uses them all the time. He disposes of the trapped rats with a swift blow to the head via a shovel, then uses the shovel to dig a hole and bury the rat. Once one of the neighbors heard a trapped rat crying and came over and started tormenting the rat. His finger came a bit too close to the rat's head and the rat took a good bite out of his finger. He was worried for some time about getting rabies after that and I imagine he learned his lesson. Be very cautious if trying to handle a live rat on a glue trap. They are anything but docile.

We have a problem with rats gnawing their way into sacks of pig food, that in itself is not a problem, its just the thought of the little buggers enjoying themselves, whilst we do all the hard work.

Last week we put a few glue trays down but only caught one on each tray. So if you want to catch multiple rats there has to be a better solution.

We have six dogs and one cat, but never know who is catching what when we find dead vermin around the house, e.g. last week I found a hampster sized dead rat on the driveway .

There are worse things than rats out there anyway :o

Last week we put a few glue trays down but only caught one on each tray. So if you want to catch multiple rats there has to be a better solution.

I think you'll find it hard to find any sort of trap that can catch multiple rats or mice per trap. Rats and mice are somewhat intelligent. When one becomes trapped and starts crying, the others stay away knowing that there's danger there. If the trap instantly killed the rat, then it might work for catching multiple rats, but if the rat is still alive it won't. If you're using glue trays, don't put all the trays next to each other. Spread them out as much as possible along the routes the rats travel (against walls). That will maximize the number of rats you can catch per day. As soon as possible after catching a rat, dispose of it and put down a fresh trap in it's place.

Killing Rats with Rat Glue Traps, Glue Trays.

Has anyone used this method to kill rats?

It does work surprisingly well. Had about three occasions needed to use them and about 5 rats caught within a matter of hours with two days max on one. Just used fresh bread in the center of the trap and placed them in a couple of suspected intrusion spots.

Have used them several times here and in my home country,with good results.Also have several of the live capture type oftrap around wehich work well as well,good for people who are squeemish about killing things,just don't release them anywhere near my place