NACC to be asked to handle probe of major bribery scandal

webfact

NACC to be asked to handle probe of major bribery scandal

27-11-2557-13-32-38-wpcf_728x408.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Acting commissioner of the Central Investigation Bureau (CIB) says the Royal Thai Police will ask the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) to carry on investigation of the bribery scandal involving the former CIB chief.

The acting commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Prayuth Thavornsiri disclosed today after investigation by police said the existing evidence they have collected still could not identify who are really behind the rampant oil smuggling in the South.

He said it would take a month from now to investigate and hand over the task to the NACC to carry on.

Them acting CIB commissioner said the police have issued warrants for the arrest of five more individuals who were found to have connection with the bribery gang of the former CIB commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Pongpat Chayaphan.

The five were found to exploit royal names for personal gains, and in debt collections, he said.

He said the police continue to find more people involved and they still have to search several houses for evidence.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/nacc-asked-handle-probe-major-bribery-scandal

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-11-27

Fair enough. NACC have so far shown they are determined and not easy to intimidate. Oil corruption will be a huge scale fraud. And much paperwork to be dealt with. That is not primarily the quality of RTP. Of the good guys in there I mean

Um.....do you mean both of them?

Tomorrow's headline:

NACC asked to handle probe of major bribery scandal

After that:

NACC to accept the handling of probe of major bribery scandal

And then:

NACC accepts to handle probe of major bribery scandal

2 years later headlines :

NACC boss general so and so and his driver were arrested with truck loads

full of cash trying to flee the country, the country is in shock....

All those arrested and those being sought for arrest should have all their assets frozen pending the outcome of the investigations.

If I was one of those about to be arrested I would be looking for ways out of the country along with as many assets as I could shift!

Tomorrow's headline:

NACC asked to handle probe of major bribery scandal

After that:

NACC to accept the handling of probe of major bribery scandal

And then:

NACC accepts to handle probe of major bribery scandal

One week later ...

NACC finds no evidence of corruption

......... In the mean-time the Army have taken over the bribe collecting to refill their coffers. What do ppl really think these coup detats are about!!!!!!!

All those arrested and those being sought for arrest should have all their assets frozen pending the outcome of the investigations.

If I was one of those about to be arrested I would be looking for ways out of the country along with as many assets as I could shift!

"Dig your well before you are thirsty" is the expression that comes to mind. I am sure for the most part the higher

ups have several planned/organized bolt holes. Money hidden off shore and difficult if not impossible to track.

The NACC would be wise to tell the police to continue their investigation.

- First, there's no reason why NACC with its limited resources should take over with the lack of major evidence.

- Second, the police has resources for extensive for surveillance.

- Third, if the police were to uncover tenous connections to certain "independent" organizations and/or government officials, then the NACC has deniability in such discovery and can pursue its investigation with conflict of interest or bias.