Tailgaters on deserted road at night.

Khunangkaro

Early morning of 27th around midnight / 2am, driving on rd.202 coming from Bkk to Amnat Charoen driving at 80-85, no other traffic nearby only one car behind approaching at 90-100 slows down and hangs on my tale at 5-10m for 10 kilometers or so, then passes and driving away.

The same happened before on highway 2, plain dangerous stupid, with more traffic involved, and plenty opportunities to pass.

But now I wonder why do people this at least TWICE at a deserted interprovincial road in the middle of no where at that time ?

It happened to a relative this way who then was involved in a provoked accident and forced to pay ฿6000. He used to drive taxis in Bkk and often transports cargoes with his pickup truck back and forth from Amnat Charoen. He says it is common practice to do with old already damaged cars for making money.

In my case these cars involved where all undamaged and pretty new. Just tailgating...? Why?

I experienced this once from a very aggressive way of selling hashish in the Low Atlas near Ketama, Morocco.

Is it in Thailand also a fashion of selling drugs or prostitution?

Have you same experience or ideas of what's going on? How to react playing safe?

It is the easiest way to drive on a dark road, just closely follow a car in front of you, you don't have to strain your eyes detecting curves and potholes.

Erm but not right on someone's bumper, to do this you need to be a short distance behind to see their avoidance and have time to react yourself.

If is worrying.

I have a CCTV front and rear system fitted (only 5000 baht) that starts and stops automatically and 90% tints on all apart from the front window. I don't want them to know a Farang is driving and I want everything they do recorded.

SDM

• Like 2

If is worrying.

I have a CCTV front and rear system fitted (only 5000 baht) that starts and stops automatically and 90% tints on all apart from the front window. I don't want them to know a Farang is driving and I want everything they do recorded.

SDM

Both of these i want to add when i buy a car next year, also worried about my lack of language skills in the event of a prang or misshap. I do have an army connection, which helps with police. Where did you get your camera set up, if you dont mind me asking?

If is worrying.

SDM

Both of these i want to add when i buy a car next year, also worried about my lack of language skills in the event of a prang or misshap. I do have an army connection, which helps with police. Where did you get your camera set up, if you dont mind me asking?

An accessory shop in Phuket, happy to give the details if you live on the island, but I think most accessory /car radio shops will do this.

My car also has a Songkla plate, not a part of Thailand well known for its friendliness!!!