90 days visa on arrival after 3 years on ED Visa

I've been here for 3 years on an ED visa (University, not Thai language school). I'm about to get my degree and I plan to take a Master's degree starting mid-2015.

I will be finished with this graduation by the end of this year and my current visa expires on February, so I'm thinking of going back to my country for 2 or 3 months and then coming back here after Songkran.

The Master degree classes will start in August (and I don't think the University will provide the visa paperwork much earlier than that), so for May/June/July I am planning to stay here on the 90 days visa on arrival since I am from one of those "visa exempt" countries that get 90 days.

But after reading some of the threads here I'm afraid that the immigration officer might deny my entry or make demanding requests, after all I've been living here for 3 years.

I can prove that I have funds coming from overseas monthly to maintain myself, but I won't have other things such as a departure flight ticket.

Should I be concerned?

Cheers,

Edited by FarangFB

You will not get a visa on arrival those are only for 15 days after you pay 1000 baht for them.

You will have no problem getting a 90 day visa exempt entry based on a bilateral agreement your country has with Thailand.

They do not look at previous entries and stays based upon visas or extensions. The only restriction is on doing back to back visa exempt entries.

• Like 1