Tax regimes: Japanese vs European Bikes

BKKBike09

I'm curious as to whether there are big differences between taxes and duties applicable to bikes from Japan and those from Europe, perhaps because of some FTA or whatever.

Specifically, I never understood how Triumph flogged the Street Triple R here for 750,000, when CBU imports like the Z1000 sold for 599,000 (not to mention 650cc V-strom at 350K and 885cc FZ09 at 435K). I once asked a BritBike salesman and he said it was because "Japan is closer than England so the shipping cost is lower", which is of course a load of tosh.

Does anyone know the answer?

there is an agreement between Japan and Thailand called Thai-Japanese Trade agreement which is effectively reducing the import/export taxes.

So a bike from Europe is coming here with 110 percent tax but Japanese bikes a lot less that that.

Really dont know the tax rate between Japan and Thailand though through this agreement. Hope someone give us better information on this as i want to know too what will be the official tax rates when Japanese-Thai trade agreement will be full effect in 2015.

This agreement will be in full effect on 2015 and all i know, Japanese import bike prices will go down. Bigwing said, they will most probably adjust their prices again next year and prices will go down.

• Like 1