PRD gears up campaign to create positive image for Thailand with foreigners

webfact

The whole thing is depressing to see, for someone who's loved this country for years and tries to do the right thing. Not letting people enter with a visa based on a moment's whim; extreme. Foreigners stopped randomly by police to be intimidated: very extreme. Randomly forcing tourists to take urine tests on the street: beyond extreme. Unmarked immigration vans riding around to intimidate all foreigners: awful.

Edited by John1thru10
  • Like 1

The Bangkok police should stop urine testing foreigners and do a blood test direct. This would save the foreign men the indignity of urinating in public. To show their commitment to women's equality in light of the Bikini comment. More women police officers should be trained to take urine and blood samples from women tourists especially if they look trashy and are with seedy men. This would help in the fight for national security as well as put an end to the scourge of people 'relaxing' while on holiday in Thailand.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Image boosting campaign to create positive attitude for foreigners?

Here's and idea!

Return Thailand to the people and have an election.

Not only I will the rest of the world look at Thailand in a more positive light the economy will be much brighter to!

Do you really think the rest of the world gives a rat's what is going on in Thailand ? The average tourist who comes to Thailand probably knows nothing about the local politics or that there was a coup recently and martial law in place.
Most foreigners go to Thailand for cheap food, accommodation, shopping, booze and girls, no matter what party is in power.
The average Thai knows little about Democracy and politics and the only reason some of them would want an election is because of the cash reward they get for their bloody vote !
Patronising nonsense. The Thais have been fighting for democracy for decades and many travellers are highly politically aware and know about blood diamonds, human rights, eco tourism, democracy and other ethical issues. That you do not care about such matters or the Thai people is your business but you have no right to project your crass, immature view on to us all.

Statistically I think you might be much more likely to find the "average Thai" at Mor Chit Bus Station rather than Terminal 21. People you meet in a cafe in Bangers are hardly your average Thai. People are good with catch words like "democracy" or "human rights" but like many things here, that knowledge is only skin deep. I don't think his view is particularly wrong. A little cynical but that's the way we roll around TV. Are you a concern troll?

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The Bangkok police should stop urine testing foreigners and do a blood test direct. This would save the foreign men the indignity of urinating in public. To show their commitment to women's equality in light of the Bikini comment. More women police officers should be trained to take urine and blood samples from women tourists especially if they look trashy and are with seedy men. This would help in the fight for national security as well as put an end to the scourge of people 'relaxing' while on holiday in Thailand.

I'd be willing to give a stool sample...

• Like 2

I'm just curious whether you're being sarcastic :)

Edited by John1thru10

You can't polish a turd......

The easiest way would be to invest in a rock tumbler. You can find them in department stores and online from $15 to $600. Many come with grit and jewelry mounts. They range from beginner to hobbyist and professional, come in different sizes, and are either rotary tumblers or vibratory tumblers. The effect you’re trying to get with a tumbler is to do in a short period of time what rivers and oceans take years to do. The coarsest rock can become smooth. Your turd is no different.

I'd be willing to give a stool sample...

With a username like yours, why are we not surprised??rolleyes.gif

will this include a full investigation of WHY so many are being stopped, searched and drug tested by the police in the Asoke-Tong Lor area?

I can't think of one other country in Asia where foreigners are stopped and ID demanded and fined if they are not carrying passports or other ID.

No-one would carry a passport around with them, it's just too risky.

Like in Pattaya, they stop farang at night in the Walking Street and demand to see their passports. That really makes sense doesn't it? Carry a highly valuable document like your passport when you go out on the tiles, getting drunk, walking through dense crowds full of street hookers and pickpocketing ladyboys.

• Like 1

This is all very well but they should probably start with baby steps such as letting the government/NCPO know that they actually exist since they currently seem oblivious that they even have a Public Relations Department.

No this is most definitely NOT all very well.

This is not the first piece of ignorant sh1t out of the TAT - whomsoever's - stupid stupid mouths. 'Baby steps' for this idiotic country is pertinent.

Edited by jpeg

‘The Drive of Public Relations Plan for the practical implementation to create positive attitude in foreign target groups

Catchy....

They're most probably getting a backhander from the bloke who owns the polystyrene cut out letters company you see on the backdrops at all the functions and weddings.....

• Like 1

They can try....BUT, as we all know mention ''Thailand''.... and what do most people think or say ??

Its not the ''Yellow Brick Road'' that they think...., and with whats all going down at the moment and in the past, it wont change anytime soon...

First post of the bat and the nonsense begins.

First you try to say most people think and say it is??

Then you say they think it is the yellow brick road.

Then you say Thailand won't change any time soon.

clue (stick your head out the window and count the number of killings of people just going on about their business. Martial law has reduced that number. How about the beaches and taxi cabs not to menti8on the number of high level police being investigated for crime.

So along with every thing going on that you are not seeing you believe Thailand will not change and your statement included people thinking it is the Yellow brick road. So in other words people will still keep coming to Thailand because they have not been shown any thing to make them think it is not the Yellow Brick road.

The reality is that if they were shown what is going on in Thailand as compared to 7 years ago they would be filling the hotels and guest houses. Unfortunately the bar you are getting all your information is as clueless about the world economic situation as you are about the happenings in Thailand.

Not hard to see where this thread is going. Mindless with the exception of a few intelligent posters.clap2.gifOnce again Thai Visa doesn't let me down when I am in the mood for mindless negativity and denial of good things happening in Thailand.wai.gif

• Like 1

Image boosting campaign to create positive attitude for foreigners?

Here's and idea!

Return Thailand to the people and have an election.

Not only I will the rest of the world look at Thailand in a more positive light the economy will be much brighter to!

This is just the kind of nonsense I reefer to in my previous post. Elect a corrupt government instead of letting an unelected honest one try to straighten out the mess the government is in Then hand it back to the people with the safe guards that is possible to put in from it becoming corrupt again. There will of course always be corruption but it doesn't have to be on the massive scale it was. Many want a corrupt government so they can continue feeding at the trough.wai2.gif

• Like 1

The Bangkok police should stop urine testing foreigners and do a blood test direct. This would save the foreign men the indignity of urinating in public.

I will get tossed in the slammer before I let a Thai cop stick me with a needle.

They could offer the choice of blood test or anal swab. After all: If You Have Nothing to Hide You Have Nothing to Worry About!

will this include a full investigation of WHY so many are being stopped, searched and drug tested by the police in the Asoke-Tong Lor area?

I can't think of one other country in Asia where foreigners are stopped and ID demanded and fined if they are not carrying passports or other ID.

No-one would carry a passport around with them, it's just too risky.

Like in Pattaya, they stop farang at night in the Walking Street and demand to see their passports. That really makes sense doesn't it? Carry a highly valuable document like your passport when you go out on the tiles, getting drunk, walking through dense crowds full of street hookers and pickpocketing ladyboys.

Posted before you joined TVF. May help.May not. After all TIT.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/747736-no-need-to-worry-says-bangkok-immigration-commander/

I love Thailand, I have just bought a place here (I know a load of people will say that's a mistake) but I really love it, the Thais I have met locally seem very nice.... and I still hope to retire here in a few years.

However, I am very worried at what seems to be a huge split within the various Thai government sectors....

On one hand you have the Thai sector promoting Thailand, and its tourism, and on the other hand the other side of the government seem to be treating Farang with contempt and trying to make life as hard as possible for visas and property/business ownership.

Recent news of rapes, murder and drug related muggings don't help but for me the biggest, biggest biggest mistake recently has been the chaos over the tourists (swedish family with kid in the news) taking umbrellas to the beaches.... the last two days have seen several news reports of armed men/police/Orbortor forcibly taking cushions/umbrellas/chairs from TOURISTS at Surin beach... followed by a pathetic public press statement/excuse saying they were misunderstood and simply in the way of a survey....

Come on...then tourists were not all up at the high tide/road area of the beach and were quite clear that they were told they could NOT bring stuff on to the beach!!!

This has been spoken of constantly in my circles.... shared via Twitter and Facebook.... out of all this political mess, THIS is the story that will crucify Thai tourism.....

"Come to Land Of Smile and sunny Thailand with your family and children..... get heatstroke, let your children burn in the sun!!!"

What country that professes to WANT tourism can justify that chaos????

Most tourists want the clean air, sun, beaches, sea..... and THIS is the story everyone is talking about.....this could ruin Thailand tourism.... not the local election potential, THIS is what Farang are talking about.

If they want quality tourists, they need to encourage them with better visa options, use a point system (like Australia does for immigration).... you have money and property here...fine, longer stay.... you have little money and want to get drunk and fight in the bar strip... stick with the short-term visa....

Provide, safe friendly service at or near the beaches for food, drink, and for goodness sake...UMBRELLAS for shade!!!

If you don't want tourists...just carry on the sway things have been the last few months....because you are doing a great job of NEGATIVE press advertising!

Wow. Quite a rant Four Posts'. You have an 'interest' here? Love the way these posters always bring in ,my child will come to harm'. Well. Take it somewhere else then w00t.gif

I was just about to ask the same ? Even yesterday night (23:30) I was driving my car Sukhumvit and I saw on my own eyes 2 police on motorbike stopped taxi with farang inside... http://www.wowasis.com/travelblog/?p=6098 and I don't know but I think sometimes that all those politicians who are talking about this whole "Thailand Picture blah blah blah" are living in some different universe...

post-175342-0-99086000-1417521930_thumb.

Edited by Kularion
  • Like 1