Uk Visitor Visa - Translation & Agency Services!

Can anyone recommend a good translation service in BKK for my girlfriends first visa application?

Also is it advisable to use an agency to help with the application? Do they actually help or do they just sell you a list of frequently asked interview questions?

Thanks

Richard

Richard,

If you are either unsure of the process or the circumstances of the application are complicated, a representative can be of assistance, but, in straightforward cases, it is something that you can do yourself.

If you do decide to instruct someone to assist, make sure they are qualified to do so. This rules out most of the outfits in Thailand, most of whom have little knowledge of UK immigration law.

Any solicitor in the UK can assist, as can those advisers registered with the Office for the Immigration Services Commissioner.

Should you wish to take the matter further, by all means send an e-mail to [email protected]

Scouse.

Can anyone recommend a good translation service in BKK for my girlfriends first visa application?

Also is it advisable to use an agency to help with the application? Do they actually help or do they just sell you a list of frequently asked interview questions?

Thanks

Richard

Richard, in my opinion, the agents in Thailand will not do much for you except cost you money and whatever they say, they cannot guarantee you a definate visa.

I would try the following steps,

1. Down load the appropriate visa and have a crack at filling it in yourself

2. If you run into problems then post the relevant questions on this forum

3. If you are still having difficulties contact a reputable and registered Agent

4. KhanDavies in particular

Alternatively if you require peace of mind contact the above first.

Good Luck

Moss

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for all the advice.

TGF made application today.

Richard

Richard,

Out of curiosity, can I ask how you went about your application, did you have a bash yourself or seek further help with an agent as you didn't post for any further help.

Whichever way, I hope all goes well.

Regards

Moss

Richard,

Out of curiosity, can I ask how you went about your application, did you have a bash yourself or seek further help with an agent as you didn't post for any further help.

Whichever way, I hope all goes well.

Regards

Moss

Moss,

A bit of both. I didn’t post for anymore help because there is so much information in previous threads. Spent a while looking back through them so had all the info required. TGF did get some help from the translation service she used at an extortionate price! :o This is her first application so this was more for her piece of mind than the questionable help as I had already dispatched all documents ready for application!

Needless to say if all goes well she will not require help for future applications!

Regards

Richard