Cost of road tax for Ford Escape 3 litre?

Shadychris

Hi,

The road tax is out on my 10 year old Ford Escape 3ltr Petrol as of end of Nov

I'm in the UK right now so my gf will be re-taxing it.

Just wondering if anyone with sufficeint Thai reading skills can tell me from the DLT website how much I should be paying for this?

My understanding is that my vehicle fits into the most expensive car category due to 4 doors and large engine - but I also understand that discounts are applied (10% p\a) up to maximum of 50% once the car is 5 year old.

From that I figure that it should be around 3,500 plus the small daily fine for being late?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can give definitive info by actually translating the current rates here :- http://www.dlt.go.th/th/

Moved to motoring.

Sorry I'm new here, so apologies if you thought this was posted in the wrong forum. Actually my request is really more to do with asking someone to look soemthing up for me on a Thai language site, albeit motoring related, so I presumed the 'general' forum would be the best place to have success of it being seen by someone with Thai reading ability. Perhaps it would actually be better in the Thai language section, or indeed is it not possible to have the same post listed in several forums??

Chris

Mrs Jaz says that she couldn't the info you want on that website.

I looked in the copy of the Blue Book that I keep in the car and it says the tax was 6896Baht. 3Ltr 4Door Pickup V-Cross ...There might have been a small fine included in that.

Your vehicle will need a test cert from an approved test center and you will also need the government insurance paid. You are correct after year 5 (years 6-10) there is a 10% per year discount.

Edited by JAS21

Mrs Jaz says that she couldn't the info you want on that website.

I looked in the copy of the Blue Book that I keep in the car and it says the tax was 6896Baht. 3Ltr 4Door Pickup V-Cross ...There might have been a small fine included in that.

Your vehicle will need a test cert from an approved test center and you will also need the government insurance paid. You are correct after year 5 (years 6-10) there is a 10% per year discount.

Thanks Jaz,

So it looks like assuming your V-Cross is less than 5 year old I'm pretty much correct with my calculations. Blue book is with my gf and I've never bothered to look at it before.

Just checking really that I'm not going to be paying a few thousand 'gf tax' as well when she asks for the cash to do it ;-)

Cheers

Chris