500 Dogs Saved From Cooking Pot

george

I read a couple days ago in The Nation that the dogs that were "saved" from the cooking pot now have another problem. Those who saved them cannot afford to feed them. So the saved dogs are now locked away in some enclosure and slowly starving to death.

Most of these dogs are traded for a plastic bucket,,,,,, The guy drives down the road with his loud speaker yelling,,,,in thai" Who has a dog and needs a bucket??" They come by my house all the time....... One of my friends came over from Laos and his first observation was " WOW you have alot of dogs" as he smiled as though he was at the OUT BACK steakhouse......... I never realy thought about it but you dont see alot of dogs in Laos...... As a dog owner with a considerable amount of knowlage of dog health and nutrician I would say the dogs here are in a pathetic state......... My dog is in a walled compound and is washed everyday and given the best food and modern vet care......... Anyone who would eat one of these unhealthy dogs is probably at the bottem of the food chain and I say let em eat,,,,,,, no sense in wasten protien.............. Besides loose dogs are a huge problem here that nobody cares to take on.......... The reason Ko Samet has so many dogs is cause the the bucket guy cant drive his little truck out there.......

As a dog owner with a considerable amount of knowlage of dog health and nutrician I would say the dogs here are in a pathetic state......... Anyone who would eat one of these unhealthy dogs is probably at the bottem of the food chain and I say let em eat

Believe me, they far prefer a strong, healthy and well fed farang dog,... :o

I at one time was a little drunk and ate my girlfriends "monkey" does that count for anything?

:o

And BOON MEE said;

If dogs were higher on the food chain than man, they'd be eating us.

I can bet you were not out in the IRAQ desert after Desert Storm , while there were all them dead IRAQUI with the wild dogs running around in large packs. WOW talk about feasting and snarling.

Another Saigon footnote: The doggies are hung from the ceiling and whacked so as to tenderise the pooch. Very auspicious grub around TET holiday, but only for the geezers. "Makes you strong lover! Up all night!" Just like every other dodgy food you get in these here parts, from snake wine to tiger willy. Supposedly specially bred for the pot, but business is business and corners do get cut. Woof!