moped tour

coinvention

we re 2 weeks now in chiang mai and considering to do a trip around to chiang rai and then accross the border back to chiang mai.

this would be my raw plan

i have some questions to it:

1.) is it doable in 7-13 days

2.) how long are the distances between smaller towns with guesthouses

3.) between tha ton and chiang rai there is a boat service. is it possible to take 2 motobikes with it

4.) i have one semi and one automatic rented. is it possible to do it on a automatic?

5.) how are the road conditions around the border

6.) some must see points? biggrin.png

thanks for your help

Edited by coinvention

Easily doable in that time frame. Quite a nice trip. I did a boat trip from Tha Ton to CR and saw some really big boats on the river. So I would guess you could take a bike????

Let's move this over the to Chiang Mai forum and see what kind of replies you get there.

Topic Moved

I would recommend not to rent an 'automatic' for this long highway ride,the wheels are small,so easy to get a flat...the thing is really just designed for inner-city scooting. Scale up to a more stable 125cc to safely handle the often poor road conditions around the border area and beyond.

Good Luck.....remember,always keep left,especially around corners and on hills. thumbsup.gif

Automatic is fine ,unless its two up ,then they would strain .They are not more liable to punctures in my opinion . i.e, tomorrow i am going on a Honda Scooby 108 cc from C.M. to Pai .

Edited by anto

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

thanks for the answers ! smile.png i guess i will get some spare tires , good idea haha.

Spare tube not tyre ,but you dont even need that as all places even the most remote have scooter repair places.