Family of Brits murdered in Thailand say evidence convincing

Lite Beer

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Thais on FB do not care at all about this now , they just carry on with their daily lifes . The ones who subscribed to CSI LA fb page does not represent the opinions of Thais. The owner doesn't even live in Thailand.

FB sites in Thai language allow any FB members to post on them, unless they are restricted, which CSI LA is not. So, look at the posts by Thai people on there, and jot down how many believe the cops are screwing up, and how many don't. Or better than that (as I mentioned earlier), go out on the sidewalk and ask the following two questions: A. 'are you following the case of the two British tourists who were murdered on Ko Tao?', (followed by); B. 'Do you think the Thai police are doing an honest job of investigating?'

Or try this; Look at the major Eng.Lang newspaper, online version, and notice the responses by readers, every time there's an article or 'letter to editor' regarding the Ko Tao case. Many of the respondents/commentators have Thai names. All convey their anger at the messed up investigation. Not one apologist for the RTP among them.

Face it Balo, jdinasia, JTJ and AleG, you'all are in the tiny minority. Posting as if you have a vested interest in maintaining the veracity of everything the RTP dumps down the tubes. Let me ask one question of any/all 4 of you (I don't expect an answer);

>>> Do you think the reenactment remotely resembled what happened that night?

That is an irrelevant question, first off because you are not asking it to material witnesses to the events, secondly because you also aren't a material witness either and therefore you are not in a position to judge one way or another.

Not true at all , you will always find people for and against here in Thailand like in any other country . Yes we do have corruption and many Thais do not trust the police , but do not make it sound like the majority of Thais believe this is a cover up.

We have some very fine police officers in Thailand that would fight corruption and crime going on inside the police force. Especially when Bangkok investigators are involved in a big murder case like this where the whole world is watching .

Where did you get "close to 100% of Thais" , did you read any polls ? Or is your source CSI LA ?

You're just full of BS and you know it.

Perhaps I was exaggerating a bit when I surmised "...close to 100%" However, the Facebook page in Thai is open to anyone with a Facebook account, which is essentially everyone between 15 and 45 in Thailand. Look at the pros & cons on that page, and you'll get a good idea of % of Thais who acknowledge the case is a frame-up combined with shielding the Headman's people. RTP echoers can post as easily as others.

You cite CSILA to support your claim, your error is called confirmation bias; a FB page that promotes alternative theories attracts like minded people, obviously such people will constitute a majority there.

Besides that most Thais believe in ghosts too, for example, doesn't make ghosts real; the "most people agree with me" argument is not a valid one, specially when you can't even prove your assertion.

At the time of the UK police visit collecting whatever they could from the RTP.to make their report ..the one they showed to the Family's......................and for some time after their visit +/- 2 months................the Prosecutor......................Did not think it was a good enough case as he was still playing Oliver Twist!

Not true at all , you will always find people for and against here in Thailand like in any other country . Yes we do have corruption and many Thais do not trust the police , but do not make it sound like the majority of Thais believe this is a cover up.

We have some very fine police officers in Thailand that would fight corruption and crime going on inside the police force. Especially when Bangkok investigators are involved in a big murder case like this where the whole world is watching .

Where did you get "close to 100% of Thais" , did you read any polls ? Or is your source CSI LA ?

Perhaps I was exaggerating a bit when I surmised "...close to 100%" However, the Facebook page in Thai is open to anyone with a Facebook account, which is essentially everyone between 15 and 45 in Thailand. Look at the pros & cons on that page, and you'll get a good idea of % of Thais who acknowledge the case is a frame-up combined with shielding the Headman's people. RTP echoers can post as easily as others.

You cite CSILA to support your claim, your error is called confirmation bias; a FB page that promotes alternative theories attracts like minded people, obviously such people will constitute a majority there.

Besides that most Thais believe in ghosts too, for example, doesn't make ghosts real; the "most people agree with me" argument is not a valid one, specially when you can't even prove your assertion.

The problem with your argument here though is that that particular FB page multiplied x10 after the KT murders. The majority of the conspiracy theorists as you call them are largely Thai. Why would so many Thais who are usually disinterested in all things non-Thai, become so interested in this particular conspiracy that involved two westerners. There needs to be one hell of a lot of information and outrage to trigger that kind of response, particularly when those same Thais feel other Thais are the real culprits. Just doesn't add up for them and most others who believe strongly that this is one big stitch up from start to finish.

The problem with your argument here though is that that particular FB page multiplied x10 after the KT murders. The majority of the conspiracy theorists as you call them are largely Thai. Why would so many Thais who are usually disinterested in all things non-Thai, become so interested in this particular conspiracy that involved two westerners. There needs to be one hell of a lot of information and outrage to trigger that kind of response, particularly when those same Thais feel other Thais are the real culprits. Just doesn't add up for them and most others who believe strongly that this is one big stitch up from start to finish.

That's too much common sense for the real conspiracy theorists (yes, the people who believe the police's conspiracy) to fathom.

At the time of the UK police visit collecting whatever they could from the RTP.to make their report ..the one they showed to the Family's......................and for some time after their visit +/- 2 months................the Prosecutor......................Did not think it was a good enough case as he was still playing Oliver Twist!

Ee lad, tha meks a gud poynt.

The families have not had access to the latest bullshi9t evidence the RTP have invented/paid for collected so their statements

do not ( probably) reflect the current prosecution stitchup case.

Interesting....

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Most Thais on FB do not care at all about this now , they just carry on with their daily lifes . The ones who subscribed to CSI LA fb page does not represent the opinions of Thais. The owner doesn't even live in Thailand.

FB sites in Thai language allow any FB members to post on them, unless they are restricted, which CSI LA is not. So, look at the posts by Thai people on there, and jot down how many believe the cops are screwing up, and how many don't. Or better than that (as I mentioned earlier), go out on the sidewalk and ask the following two questions: A. 'are you following the case of the two British tourists who were murdered on Ko Tao?', (followed by); B. 'Do you think the Thai police are doing an honest job of investigating?'

Or try this; Look at the major Eng.Lang newspaper, online version, and notice the responses by readers, every time there's an article or 'letter to editor' regarding the Ko Tao case. Many of the respondents/commentators have Thai names. All convey their anger at the messed up investigation. Not one apologist for the RTP among them.

Face it Balo, jdinasia, JTJ and AleG, you'all are in the tiny minority. Posting as if you have a vested interest in maintaining the veracity of everything the RTP dumps down the tubes. Let me ask one question of any/all 4 of you (I don't expect an answer);

That is an irrelevant question, first off because you are not asking it to material witnesses to the events, secondly because you also aren't a material witness either and therefore you are not in a position to judge one way or another.

Thanks AleG, I needed a good belly laugh. Am I surprised you won't/can't answer the question? Ha, not one iota. Well at least you were brave enough to say something. That's more than the other 3.

You made a couple of errors replying to our friend Blabo, permit me to give you the update:

All Thais that think it is a stitchup are considered uneducated and conspiracy theorists.

Blabbo does not have any conclusive evidence that ghosts do not exist. My better half says they do. Good enough for me, she is a damn site more convincing than him, and she has legs!

Adding up is not on the apologist agenda, just a quick trial and a goodbye to the Burmese guys will suffice.

The spacebook page does NOT PROMOTE alternative theories, it is run by an amateur forensic enthusiast who asks questions and leaves it to the posters to speculate.

As the so called CT cannot prove their most people agree with me theory he never tries to prove his not many people agree with my friends and I theory, just quotes from the RTP shutemup handbook.

I sincerely hope this assists with any other (futile) exchanges you have with our resident crusader, recently returned from his moralistic duties elsewhere.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Thanks AleG, I needed a good belly laugh. Am I surprised you won't/can't answer the question? Ha, not one iota. Well at least you were brave enough to say something. That's more than the other 3.

Sometimes the line between bravery and stupidity is very difficult to define..

My answer is based on intellectual honesty, I'm not surprised you don't get it.

What people believe doesn't matter, this is a criminal case, facts are what matters.

You made a couple of errors replying to our friend Blabo, permit me to give you the update:

All Thais that think it is a stitchup are considered uneducated and conspiracy theorists.

Blabbo does not have any conclusive evidence that ghosts do not exist. My better half says they do. Good enough for me, she is a damn site more convincing than him, and she has legs!

Adding up is not on the apologist agenda, just a quick trial and a goodbye to the Burmese guys will suffice.

The spacebook page does NOT PROMOTE alternative theories, it is run by an amateur forensic enthusiast who asks questions and leaves it to the posters to speculate.

As the so called CT cannot prove their most people agree with me theory he never tries to prove his not many people agree with my friends and I theory, just quotes from the RTP shutemup handbook.

I sincerely hope this assists with any other (futile) exchanges you have with our resident crusader, recently returned from his moralistic duties elsewhere.

Oh don't worry, just a quick jab to the temple to see if I can awaken anything gone astray. I won't be hanging around to roll in the mud smile.png

Did anybody see the paper that we are not allowed to mention. I see the defense will call foreign witnesses. I am surprised tv has not picked up on that story.

I see no reason why the defense could not call the English coroner. If there is to be any truth, the brit coroner would be the best witness in the whole show.

Did anybody see the paper that we are not allowed to mention. I see the defense will call foreign witnesses. I am surprised tv has not picked up on that story.

I see no reason why the defense could not call the English coroner. If there is to be any truth, the brit coroner would be the best witness in the whole show.

Very Good point lots of evidence there .

As far as I am aware, they cannot call a coroner to give evidence.

He has not performed the case yet, so his/her conclusions would be hearsay.

However, they can ask him for the evidence he will consider.

Then it would be up to him/her to agree and have it notarised and sent to the defence team.

Thats my understanding.

Oh.. they will ASK the courts permission to call witnesses from other countries, the court can refuse.

If it does refuse that will start a tsunami of protest, apt as it is the 26th December for the start of the trial.

Edited by DennisF

My word...what a thought....the british coroner turning up in court....the RTP would need a change of underwear, and a new little duck would need to be found

What people believe doesn't matter, this is a criminal case, facts are what matters.

You must be a hoot to go to a party with. BTW, this is an online discussion, not a criminal court in session. As such, people surmise, they make suggestions, offer scenarios as they perceive them, add professional advice/insight, make mistakes, reveal evidence, ....whatever. You want to play ball in a criminal court, go to a criminal court. If you want to discuss this issue, go ahead and join us in a discussion.

My word...what a thought....the british coroner turning up in court....the RTP would need a change of underwear, and a new little duck would need to be found

Especially if the prosecution is going to testify that David was murdered as in the reenactment!!!

0:50 into the vid & where was poor Hannah supposed to be when this was happening

We have an apologist who claims to be a ducky, will that do?

@jdinaisa, AleG, JTJ

I've asked once before, don't recall getting a reply so I'll ask again.

Why are you guys defending the RTP / prosecution case so, so, so very much against practically every poster on the board? It goes beyond natural instinct and reaction for impartial observers with non-vested interests. Pretty much every one of your posts the last couple of days have been on related threads (according to TV search function).

Are you so incensed by conspiracy theories that you have taken it upon yourselves to crusade against it?

Any logical and sane thinking person can see that the amount of arguments that you guys are putting up are completely beyond normal reason. Not only that but it has become extremely annoying (though sadly within TV rules). I will wager that never in the history of TV have the same posters been put on ignore lists by so many other posters is so short a time.

Whatever your reasons or intentions may be, I fear that they will only have the opposite reaction to that you desire.

BoristheBlade, on 17 Dec 2014 - 02:05, said:

Those shorts woul;d also contain dna, but I am sure they are long gone now, along with numerous other items of interest, including a no9 shirt.

catsanddogs, on 16 Dec 2014 - 22:46, said:
DennisF, on 16 Dec 2014 - 22:28, said:
catsanddogs, on 16 Dec 2014 - 22:15, said:

Number 9. Mon or Nomsod?

Plenty of people know who this man is. And some of them must be in the UK. Can't be otherwise.

How much longer can the lie live?

Edit: Just noticed David Miller has white shorts on there. Not the ones that were found on the beach then.

It has been speculated for some time now that one of the perpetrators changed shorts with

the victim.

Thanks DennisF, I had read that too sometime ago (running man wearing the white shorts could have been David's). Which means the blue shorts with the belt photographed on the beach may have belonged to one of the murderers or murderer. Wonder whose possession those shorts are in now? Miller's room mate (Ware) would no doubt know if the blue shorts on the beach were Millers. The label inside the shorts would give something away of who they belonged to no doubt.

Ironic really that the RTP let so much information and so many photographs out into the public domain and then threatened to charge people who accused them of scapegoating.

Even the wearer of the No. 9 shirt has gone "missing" according to what I've just read w00t.gif