Burglar caught on camera, stealing from foreign-owned house in South Pattaya

Lite Beer

house-6.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Thursday Pattaya Police were called to a house in South Pattaya to investigate a burglary which was reportedly caught-on-camera.

At the house, inside the Pattaya Lagoon Village in South Pattaya, officers met with Khun Jeerawan aged 37, who lives there with her 5 year old Son and foreign Husband, a Company Manager based in Laem Chabang who is currently out of the Country on business.

Read More: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/158000/burglar-caught-on-camera-stealing-from-foreign-owned-house-in-south-pattaya/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PattayaOneNews+%28Pattaya+One+News%29

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-12-06

Can farangs own a house? Its a new one for me......

It's not unheard of for a farang to buy a house/or build a house in his Thai wife's name. I did that for my wife. Plus, although I can't remember the details, it is possible to buy a house in a company name. There are issues about the mandatory % of ownership required in the Thai name. I'm pretty sure you can find information in the Thai Visa Forum.

There are some well written books published (I bought mine in the Asia Book Shop), on the subject of owning property in Thailand. For interest sake the following book is also very good:

"Thai Law for Foreigners", Benjawan Becker & Roengsak Thongkaew. 2008. ISBN 978-1-887521-57-4

Please folk don't start a new string here on Thai Law, I only just wanted to make this one single comment.

Edited by Mot Dang

Why work if you can steal from other people that work ?

And the village security ? Oh, they were messaging on FB. More important than protecting the village they are paid to protect.

thank god burglary and inadequate security services are solely peculiar to Thailand
  • Like 1

Can farangs own a house? Its a new one for me......

Yes, they can own a house, but then so many things are new to you. What is the relevance of your question to the OP, the report doesn't say the foreigner owned the house.

Edited by petercool
large type edited