Dirt Bike From Cambodia?

JCCR6

I'm just over in Cambodia at the moment, planning to head back to Bangkok soon. I've been thinking about buying a dirt bike (250cc) in Thailand for a while, but I've noticed they're a lot cheaper over here.

I was wondering how difficult the paperwork would be or what else I'd need in order to cross back through the Thai border and make the bike legal in Thailand?

Thanks in advance.

I'm just over in Cambodia at the moment, planning to head back to Bangkok soon. I've been thinking about buying a dirt bike (250cc) in Thailand for a while, but I've noticed they're a lot cheaper over here.

I was wondering how difficult the paperwork would be or what else I'd need in order to cross back through the Thai border and make the bike legal in Thailand?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

which model and how much in Cambodia? :o

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

which model and how much in Cambodia? :o

I'm borrowing a Honda Baja at the moment, I was looking at something similar. I've checked out the prices, for $1100 you can get a reasonable bike. Why do you know of anywhere in BKK you can get bikes at a reasonable price?

No M8, that's why I was asking. :o

I've seen a few docus on Cambodia and always see the cops on trail/dirt bikes.

I haven't seen many in the LOS.

1100 for a 250cc, sounds ok.

If coming back thru Poipet, ask to talk to the (Thai) head customs honcho for advice.

cheers

Thanks in advance.

It should not be difficult to get back in with the bike on a temporary import paper, which will allow you to keep the bike in the country for a limited amount of time.

More than likely the customs at the border will give you a one month temp import, after which the bike has to go back out or you ask your local customs office to give you a bike import extension. A max of 3 months temp import at a time is possible, with extensions out to 6 months, but you seldom get these.

Your best bet is to buy local - in Thailand.

If it was that easy to just slip across the border to the country next door & buy a cheap bike, ride it back & keep it, then hundreds if not thousands of Thais would be doing it. But this is most definitely not happening. Check out the GT Rider site board for more info on crossing borders.