Halal butcher Northern Phuket

Flying Clog

Hello all,

We've got some guests coming over for Christmas who require Halal meat for the Xmas dinner!

Anyone know of a good halal butcher in the Thalang/Laguna/Chergntalay/Bang Tao/Surin area? Maybe even one that could cook up a small turkey or chicken on their premises!

I know there's probably plenty of roadside stalls, particularly in the Bang Tao area, but I'm after a proper butcher...

Thanks,

FC

Oh please, it's called humor.........and as far as respect, maybe someone can educate me as to why Muslims would be having a Christmas dinner?

Why Muslims wouldn't have Christmas dinner to share with their Christians friends?

• Like 2

Oh please, it's called humor.........and as far as respect, maybe someone can educate me as to why Muslims would be having a Christmas dinner?

Why Muslims wouldn't have Christmas dinner to share with their Christians friends?

Muslims don't celebrate the birth of Christ, Petchou, but if just catching dinner with friends, than sure ok (sans the ham).

Muslims don't celebrate the birth of Christ, Petchou, but if just catching dinner with friends, than sure ok (sans the ham).

You are wrong and full of prejudices. I am confident you don't have any Muslim friends or acquaintances.

I have lived different experience.

Why are you here to just ruin someone's pleasure to accommodate his friends, sign of generosity and big heart.

Go get a life.

• Like 1

You are wrong and full of prejudices. I am confident you don't have any Muslim friends or acquaintances.

Why are you here to just ruin someone's pleasure to accommodate his friends, sign of generosity and big heart.

Go get a life.

You're sure a happy chappy today.

Go get a life.

Nope, you're quite wrong, and telling someone to "get a life" is completely arrogant. I have a GREAT life.

I know, live and work with Muslim people, that the OP is after Halal ok super, but it doesn't mean we cannot have a little fun making pork jokes. Ever heard a Jewish joke about money (?), Americans fat (?), plenty of things to joke about in this world, not to always be so serious or get offended.

Back on topic, I'm sure in Bangtao the OP will find a Halal butcher shop.

Edited by grumpyoldman

vv From the Department of Halal Certification Ireland. Ireland?? smile.png "Summary of conditions for Halal slaughter

Islamic law requires that animals intended for human consumption be slain in a certain manner. The conditions for Halal slaughter can be summarized as follows:

• The animal to be slaughtered must be from the categories that are permitted for Muslims to eat.
  • The animal must be alive at the time of slaughter.
  • No electric shock, bullet or any other means should be used before slaughtering. Using any such method may lead to the death of the animal before it is cut. Islam prohibits Muslims from eating any meat coming from an animal that is dead before slaughter. Muslims are also advised to avoid eating anything doubtful.
  • The animal must be slaughtered by the use of a sharp knife. The knife must not kill due to its weight. If it kills due to the impact the meat may not be permissible.
  • The windpipe (throat), food-tract (oesophagus) and the two jugular veins must be cut.
  • The slaughtering must be done in one stroke without lifting the knife. The knife should not be placed and lifted when slaughtering the animal.
  • Slaughtering must be done by a sane adult Muslim. Animals slaughtered by a Non Muslim will not be Halal.
  • The name of Allah must be invoked (mentioned) at the time of slaughtering by saying:

Bismillah Allahu Akbar. (In the Name of Allah; Allah is the Greatest.)

• If at the time of slaughtering the name of anyone else other than Allah is invoked (i.e. animal sacrificed for him/her), then the meat becomes Haram “unlawful.”
  • If a Muslim forgets to invoke the name of Allah at the time of slaughtering, the meat will remain Halal. However, if he intentionally does not invoke the name of Allah, the meat becomes Haram.
  • The head of the animal must not be cut off during slaughtering but later after the animal is completely dead, even the knife should not go deep into the spinal cord.
  • Skinning or cutting any part of the animal is not allowed before the animal is completely dead.
  • Slaughtering must be made in the neck from the front (chest) to the back.
  • The slaughtering must be done manually not by a machine, as one of the conditions is the intention, which is not found in a machine.
  • The slaughtering should not be done on a production line where pigs are slaughtered. Any instrument used for slaughtering pigs should not be used in the Halal slaughtering.
Customary and Desirable Practices When Slaughtering
  • Water should be offered to the animal before slaughter, and it should not be slaughtered when hungry.
  • The knife should be hidden from the animal, and slaughtering should be done out of sight of other animals waiting to be slaughtered.
  • Animals should be killed in a comfortable way. Unnecessary suffering to them must be avoided.
  • The knife should be re-sharpened before slaughter.
Storage, Processing and Transport of Halal Meat
  • Meat chilled or frozen for export to Muslims should be stored in separate cold stores other than those in which pork or other non-Halal meat is stored.
  • Meat minced or processed for Muslims should not be minced in the same machines used to mince pork or other non-Halal meat."

NamKangMan got it in one! I guess they just put a sticker on it!

Thanks for all your replies. Had a look in Villa market in Laguna, and they 'claim' that all their meat is halal, so that's that sorted then.

The funny thing was when I asked at the butcher, she said, yes, it's halal, and pointed at the sticker on the pork in the pork section! LOL!

TIT for sure!

Thanks for all your replies. Had a look in Villa market in Laguna, and they 'claim' that all their meat is halal, so that's that sorted then.

The funny thing was when I asked at the butcher, she said, yes, it's halal, and pointed at the sticker on the pork in the pork section! LOL!

TIT for sure!

"it's halal, and pointed at the sticker on the pork in the pork section" - yes, and you are young are handsome as well. :)

TIT for sure!

"it's halal, and pointed at the sticker on the pork in the pork section" - yes, and you are young are handsome as well. smile.png

Halal pork, ha, ha, ha, for a Christmas dinner..........quite funny really !

Some might ask why Christians are celebrating via traditions of the Pagan festivals of Winter Solstice and Spring Equinox along with other festivals and traditions absorbed from non Christian civilizations around the world.

Don't remember the bit in the bible about baby Jesus stuffing himself with pigs in blankets or collecting decorated eggs from the garden, do you?

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

Some might ask why Christians are celebrating via traditions of the Pagan festivals of Winter Solstice and Spring Equinox along with other festivals and traditions absorbed from non Christian civilizations around the world.

Don't remember the bit in the bible about baby Jesus stuffing himself with pigs in blankets or collecting decorated eggs from the garden, do you?

You're just surely reaching here. Sure, Christians celebrate Halloween too and thats not in the Bible, so what......your other "Pagan" festivals mentioned have to do with the sun, oh yea, right, nothing about the sun in the Bible either saai.gif.pagespeed.ce.f25DL0fHCdW09GY8hG .

Traditions have morphed, so what you are vaguely saying is now the Muslim faith is celebrating the birth of Christ same as Christians celebrating "Winter Solstice and Spring Equinox"? You'll need to sell that argument elswhere, GOM not buying it.

Edited by grumpyoldman

You're just surely reaching here. Sure, Christians celebrate Halloween too and thats not in the Bible, so what......your other "Pagan" festivals mentioned have to do with the sun, oh yea, right, nothing about the sun in the Bible either saai.gif.pagespeed.ce.f25DL0fHCdW09GY8hG .

Traditions have morphed, so what you are vaguely saying is now the Muslim faith is celebrating the birth of Christ same as Christians celebrating "Winter Solstice and Spring Equinox"? You'll need to sell that argument elswhere, GOM not buying it.

No, I'm saying that criticising Muslims for having a special dinner at 'Christmas' on the assumption that it's an inherently Christian act is an false assumption since the dinner is not a Christian construct, and is not an act of 'celebrating the birth of christ'. 'Christmas' in this context is a colloquialism, one that has persisted because historically the introducers of Christianity to new areas have incorporated customs and traditions from other cultures and religions in order to ease the acceptance of the religion in those communities, and thus any ritualistic act occurring around that time became 'Christmas' XYZ in common parlance.

Eating 'Christmas' dinner is not an act of demostrating Christianity, just like having 'Christmas' trees and exchanging 'Christmas' presents are not.

A muslim going to mass would be a suitable act for criticism, but eating dinner, having a holiday, having trees and exchanging presents is not.

Besides which, even if the act of eating the dinner were to be considered 'celebrating the birth of Jesus' - Islam considers Jesus a prophet, it's not like the religion denies he existed, or that he was not a messenger of God.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

Go get a life.

He may well be, but you sir are then full of assumptions.....

Everything is fair game when it comes to having a laugh about Christ etc... mention Muslim or Allah, then sh!t gets real!

No, I'm saying that criticising Muslims for having a special dinner at 'Christmas' on the assumption that it's an inherently Christian act is an false assumption since the dinner is not a Christian construct, and is not an act of 'celebrating the birth of christ'. 'Christmas' in this context is a colloquialism, one that has persisted because historically the introducers of Christianity to new areas have incorporated customs and traditions from other cultures and religions in order to ease the acceptance of the religion in those communities, and thus any ritualistic act occurring around that time became 'Christmas' XYZ in common parlance.

Eating 'Christmas' dinner is not an act of demostrating Christianity, just like having 'Christmas' trees and exchanging 'Christmas' presents are not.

A muslim going to mass would be a suitable act for criticism, but eating dinner, having a holiday, having trees and exchanging presents is not.

Besides which, even if the act of eating the dinner were to be considered 'celebrating the birth of Jesus' - Islam considers Jesus a prophet, it's not like the religion denies he existed, or that he was not a messenger of God.

I'd say here, you are putting words in my mouth, as I don't believe anywhere did I criticize Muslims for having a special dinner at Christmas (no quotation marks needed), no, I just asked why. A poster then put up, a dinner with friends and I responded, ok, no big deal. The OP was about halal food for a Christmas dinner which led to some funnies about pork being deleted, thats where I came in about we can all joke about all kinds of societal/ethnic/religious eccentricities. Never did I say Islam denies the existence of Jesus, I mentioned that typically, they do not celebrate the birth of Christ. So please re-read my posts before posting your own assumptions about what I have written.

I'd say here, you are putting words in my mouth, as I don't believe anywhere did I criticize Muslims for having a special dinner at Christmas (no quotation marks needed), no, I just asked why. A poster then put up, a dinner with friends and I responded, ok, no big deal. The OP was about halal food for a Christmas dinner which led to some funnies about pork being deleted, thats where I came in about we can all joke about all kinds of societal/ethnic/religious eccentricities. Never did I say Islam denies the existence of Jesus, I mentioned that typically, they do not celebrate the birth of Christ. So please re-read my posts before posting your own assumptions about what I have written.

Fair enough - genuinely not trying to put words in your mouth and perhaps I assumed a subtext that was not really there.

Yes you asked 'why', to which I replied in short that others might ask 'why' Christians are performing pagan tradition.

The point I made in regard to criticism was in response to your interpretation of that response, where you assumed that I was saying Muslims eating Christmas dinner is akin to Christians celebrating Winter Equinox. As part of that I felt you made an inference that eating Christmas dinner was 'celebrating the birth of christ'.

Traditions have morphed, so what you are vaguely saying is now the Muslim faith is celebrating the birth of Christ same as Christians celebrating "Winter Solstice and Spring Equinox"?

That inference that I assumed was the basis of my second response, which was in short:

A - Eating Christmas dinner is not celebrating the birth of Christ

B - Even if it was, this would not be in any way at odds with Islam

I suppose this is one answer your original question of 'why'.