Buying Canned Sardines in yellow mustard sauce

sunoco27

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

9736452063_fae824066e.jpg

You will not find a stockist of Underwood sardines, discontinued years ago. A tin of sardines retails for about $2.50 in the US where retail food prices have increased about 225 percent over 30 years.

Those would certainly be a collectors item at 21 cents, who knows how old?

The Brunswick brand is the best I am able to find so far. 110 baht at Rimping Maya. Quite a lot better than the 82 baht version from Ayam.

At that price I'd rather buy smoked salmon.

My background is sardines are last resort food for poor people and students (like processed ramen) ... preferably served on saltine crackers.

What goes good with smoked salmon? I'm desperate for ideas as I need to eat at home as much as possible for the next three months to try to improve my blood numbers. When I eat out I have no idea what they are putting in the food, and it can't be healthy...

I eat smoked salmon two ways.

Mostly on pasta (not cooked). I make a garlicky pesto and add lots of other stuff like cherry tomatoes, sliced chicken breast, cooked broccoli, sliced avocado.

Another way is simpler.

Cook scrambled eggs on a very low heat (takes long) ... then top with the salmon and squeeze with citrus, sliced onions, etc. on the side if you wish, and and bread if you wish.

I'd have lox and bagels but no decent bagels to be had.

• Like 1

I'd have lox and bagels but no decent bagels to be had.

If you are ever in Chiang Mai, try Bagel House. I am no bagel expert, but they taste good to me. The guy made bagels in New York and had his own shop in Denver.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293917-d3784973-Reviews-Bagel_House_Cafe-Chiang_Mai.html

Edited by Ulysses G.

What goes good with smoked salmon? I'm desperate for ideas as I need to eat at home as much as possible for the next three months to try to improve my blood numbers. When I eat out I have no idea what they are putting in the food, and it can't be healthy...

In my travels where smoked salmon is everyday fare, it has been presented for breakfast with scrambled eggs and baked beans (sometimes, just plain tinned pork and beans, heated. Add some fruit and you good for a robust workout.

In my travels where smoked salmon is everyday fare, it has been presented for breakfast with scrambled eggs and baked beans (sometimes, just plain tinned pork and beans, heated. Add some fruit and you good for a robust workout.

Would that be a 'closet(WC) workout or a 'Gym' workout?

If the former then no thanks; but if the latter then maybe not so bad!giggle.gif

Edited by scottishjohn